The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Also i wish storm jameson (in charles morris) was self catering.. so amazing! haha
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 721
Original post by accomoffice
Usually the size of the room but can also be whether it has a double bed or not and how many people you share with. If you're on a strict budget and can only afford the lower price, you need to put that on your application under the "other" bit.

Oh so 117 for bailie would be double bed?! Sweet!
Reply 722
Original post by georgia246
Also i wish storm jameson (in charles morris) was self catering.. so amazing! haha

:yep: I'd apply if it was (assuming it was cool people there)
Reply 723
Accomoffice, thanks for your help. I repped one of your posts but not the actual relevant one. :|

Prose Before Hoes, if you only decided against Clarence because of what it looks like on Street View then go to Bodington. :u:
Original post by accomoffice
This should answer your questions http://www.leeds.ac.uk/catering/mealplan.htm

I don't think the food in the Refectory is poor at all and I haven't heard anyone say that. There's loads of choice and I'd be surprised if people can't find something they like.

Sorry, a few questions..

Is allocation to rooms completely random? Or do you try and match people up course wise etc?

Allocation to accommodation - it's not done alphabetically or anything is it?!

And finally, I fancied JBP but the 50% thing scares me.. would you be likely to get The Tannery?

Thank you!
Reply 725
Yea thanks a great deal. Hope you get paid for this :h:
Reply 726
Sorry, a few questions..

Is allocation to rooms completely random? Or do you try and match people up course wise etc?

And finally, I fancied JBP but the 50% thing scares me.. would you be likely to get The Tannery?

Thank you!

Why do people use jbp for James bailie. And what 50% thing :lolwut:
Original post by dmz

It's called James Baillie Park.. although i would usually ref it as James Baillie I thought i better be official... yeah i read that earlier in the thread.. makes me want to cry. I didn't realise you only put one down then criteria.. I thought i could put James Baillie then The Tannery & know I'd be fine :frown:
Sorry, a few questions..

Thank you!

If you look a couple of pages back in this thread, accomoffice has already said how places are allocated (they have certain criteria that they try and match you up with to get the right balance of people in each flat).

Original post by dmz

James Bailie Park (JBP) and I think it's been said by some that if you put it down you only have a 50% chance of being given a place there, so this might be what they mean, though whether this is true for this year, who knows! :s-smilie:
Original post by Xabi17
Accomoffice, thanks for your help. I repped one of your posts but not the actual relevant one. :|

Prose Before Hoes, if you only decided against Clarence because of what it looks like on Street View then go to Bodington. :u:

I decided against Clarence because 1) It was too far away from the campus, 2) there are no other student accommodations close-by, thus resulting in a potentially unsociable area (someone said that there were more rooms than applicants last year) 3) I want to be able to access uni facilities quickly, rather than having to catch a bus every ten minutes....um, and yeah, street view on GM just made me pissed off because the pictures on the Leeds accom were deceiving.

Really, it was nothing to do with SV.
Reply 730
It's called James Baillie Park.. although i would usually ref it as James Baillie I thought i better be official... yeah i read that earlier in the thread.. makes me want to cry. I didn't realise you only put one down then criteria.. I thought i could put James Baillie then The Tannery & know I'd be fine :frown:

Oh right, my bad :tongue:. Really? That sucks! I thought you'd get 3 choices. If i don't get bailie I'd like CD but this way you could end up with something you hate. I thought you meant it was random whether you got an en suite or shared
Reply 731
Original post by Prose Before Hoes
I decided against Clarence because 1) It was too far away from the campus, 2) there are no other student accommodations close-by, thus resulting in a potentially unsociable area (someone said that there were more rooms than applicants last year) 3) I want to be able to access uni facilities quickly, rather than having to catch a bus every ten minutes....um, and yeah, street view on GM just made me pissed off because the pictures on the Leeds accom were deceiving.

Really, it was nothing to do with SV.

Ah fair play, thought you meant you liked everything about it but the area around it - cos Bodington is pretty similar just more of a party feel and on the complete other side of the city, I think.

We should definitely have a TSR meet at the Old Bar at some point though. :biggrin:
Reply 732
Original post by girlwithsharpteeth
If you look a couple of pages back in this thread, accomoffice has already said how places are allocated (they have certain criteria that they try and match you up with to get the right balance of people in each flat).

James Bailie Park (JBP) and I think it's been said by some that if you put it down you only have a 50% chance of being given a place there, so this might be what they mean, though whether this is true for this year, who knows! :s-smilie:

Oh, that sucks a little. Not really a lucky person

Cheers, will have a search!
Original post by dmz
Oh, that sucks a little. Not really a lucky person

Me neither, another reason I'm steering away from the over-subscribed halls :redface:
Original post by dmz
Oh right, my bad :tongue:. Really? That sucks! I thought you'd get 3 choices. If i don't get bailie I'd like CD but this way you could end up with something you hate. I thought you meant it was random whether you got an en suite or shared

I know.. I kind of feel i should go for The Tannery as my brother lived in JB when he went to Leeds.. but then I definately think JB is a bit nicer than The Tannery and I do like Headingley! Argh :/
Reply 736
I know.. I kind of feel i should go for The Tannery as my brother lived in JB when he went to Leeds.. but then I definately think JB is a bit nicer than The Tannery and I do like Headingley! Argh :/

you don't want same acc as him? I like how you can work everywhere from JBP, they really should give us 2nd n 3rd choices
Me neither, another reason I'm steering away from the over-subscribed halls :redface:

we really should get two choices, i'm gonna have to manipulate the answers for my back up
Original post by dmz
you don't want same acc as him? I like how you can work everywhere from JBP, they really should give us 2nd n 3rd choices

we really should get two choices, i'm gonna have to manipulate the answers for my back up

No I don't mind going in JB.. I just think maybe it's a bit boring to go to the same one (I still want to go there though..)
Yeah I think I'll have to follow the manipulation tactic, I wouldn't ever be one of thr lucky 50%..
Reply 738
No I don't mind going in JB.. I just think maybe it's a bit boring to go to the same one (I still want to go there though..)
Yeah I think I'll have to follow the manipulation tactic, I wouldn't ever be one of thr lucky 50%..

not gonna consider storm jameson then?
Fair enough but you're two different people and different experience, i can kinda relate tho cos my brothers chose not to go to the college i went to do their own thing :tongue:

yer, need to understand the system and do some algorithms, it's a good thing i'm bored and on a gap year :lol:
Original post by dmz
not gonna consider storm jameson then?
Fair enough but you're two different people and different experience, i can kinda relate tho cos my brothers chose not to go to the college i went to do their own thing :tongue:

yer, need to understand the system and do some algorithms, it's a good thing i'm bored and on a gap year :lol:

Damn, I wish.. tempted to put it down then pretend I just got dumped there..
But yeah unfortunately my parents are like "catered will be a waste of money!" and as they've already put two kids through uni/masters I don't even know if they could afford it anway lol! Oh well.. will probably be more prepared for student housing this way :colondollar:

They do rate JB anyway so it's all good on that front.. I'll just have to make time for some equations too! I just wish you could at least put a second choice.
Oh well.

Latest