The Student Room Group

Girl mate envious?

One of my girl friends, not girl-friend (just a mate, im a guy btw) seems to have fluctuating mood swings. She's not ugly, but overweight and her skin isnt good. I think sometimes when we go out like to bars, she feels more paranoid than she lets out to be, despite her confidence when she speaks. Like, if i get attention or if I look good I get the feeling she tries to put me down because she realises shes not that attractive and I am. Like she'll say stay like o they think your gay..etc and if I mention other girls shell laugh it off as if shes jealous...i dont get it? Maybe she realises im better looking and going out embarasses her?
Reply 1
Maybe you should focus on your friendship, support your mates insecurities and stop being so arrogant. Just a thought.
Reply 2
Yeah support your friend, get her a gym membership. Either that or get her on one of those cool trips to Africa, i think the site was feedthetigers.com

Seriously tho, It sounds like you're right and she is really insecure. She needs to start losing weight, don't give her any of that 'you're so special be happy with who you are' BS, simples.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by MDMD
Yeah support your friend, get her a gym membership

Only if you're after a cheap vasectomy.

He won't be looking so good if he tries do that to a girl.
Reply 4
Original post by Evil Monkey
Only if you're after a cheap vasectomy.

He won't be looking so good if he tries do that to a girl.

Haha true. Although I'm sure he'd be able to outrun her if need be. I guess there is no safe way to go about the problem =/
Reply 5
Original post by Foo.mp3
Or maybe she secretly wants you (more likely). Either way, I wouldn't be taking anyone as narky as that out with me - total buzzkill

Potentially, although that'd be really weird - Id never ever go for her. Shes just a mate. It can be like that at times, thats why i prefer going out as a group as opposed with just two.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending