The Student Room Group

Would you date a guy who was obsessed with Formula 1?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
it would be kiiinda awkward, cause then i would have to shut up about how much i fancy Sebastian Vettel, and all the unspeakable things we would do together... :wink:
LOL

my boyfriend is not crazy about f1, but he doesnt mind it. i love it, and it seems to work fine for us :smile: just as long as you make time for your girlfriend and dont blow her off just 'cause the race is on.
Reply 21
Original post by boba
I mean what you said about girls liking it. if you spend a lot of time working on something yourself it will probably impress people but that wont work if you spend a lot of time watching something

Ahh, sorry. :colondollar:

Yeah, I agree with that. :cool:
Reply 22
I'd just like to make it clear that I was only stating that it wouldn't be a particularly GOOD thing not that it would be a BAD thing. just like a neutral thing
Reply 23
Original post by fhewitt1
just as long as you make time for your girlfriend and dont blow her off just 'cause the race is on.

I'd love it if she 'blew me off' hehe
(edited 13 years ago)
I'd date a girl who like F1 and I'd hope that she would like to watch Baseball/NFL and understand my love for Donald Duck :tongue:
Reply 25
it would be kiiinda awkward, cause then i would have to shut up about how much i fancy Sebastian Vettel, and all the unspeakable things we would do together... :wink:
LOL

my boyfriend is not crazy about f1, but he doesnt mind it. i love it, and it seems to work fine for us :smile: just as long as you make time for your girlfriend and dont blow her off just 'cause the race is on.

Lol, I didn't realise girls fancy the justin beiber of F1. I thought most girls fancied Lewis, Jenson, Webber, DC, Alonso etc?
Reply 26
Original post by Nerd_No_More
Lol, I didn't realise girls fancy the justin beiber of F1. I thought most girls fancied Lewis, Jenson, Webber, DC, Alonso etc?

Noooo! Well I don't fancy any of them but I do love Webbo's accent. :redface:

I love (and fancy) Bruno Senna....he's just gorgeous and lovely and he replied to a tweet I sent him recently as well! Lol. I also love Felipe Massa, Tonio Luizzi and Sebastian Vettel :smile: So, none of the ones you mentioned. Although, my female friends who are into F1 like the McLaren duo...so maybe I'm just weird! Lol.

I think Nick Heidfailed is more the Justin Beiber of F1 at the mo though! Lol.

I'm obsessed as well so I personally wouldn't mind. The right girl, even if they don't like F1, shouldn't mind too much providing you don't prioritise F1 over them. :smile: But I dunno...lol.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 27
I would cause I'm a huge fan myself :p: Motogp is better though :wink:
If he was a fan of it, yes. I'm a fan of Doctor Who, which I would expect a boyfriend to accept.

Obsessed to the point where he'd prioritise F1 over other things (like me!)... No.
I would because I am obsessed with Formula 1 too :biggrin:

My ex boyfriend hated it, that wasn't why we broke up but he did my head in complaining about it and I could barely even talk about it with him complaining about how boring it is...
Even though I learnt a stupid amount of useless info about guitars because that was his obsession.

He would have to stick to my tradition of sitting in PJs with a fried egg or bacon butty and a huge mug of tea on a Sunday morning while watching the race :tongue:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Zottula
I already do.

Same here. Infact, he got me really into F1 too.
I cant get enough :smile:
Reply 31
I don't think it'd be a dealbreaker but I wouldn't like it since I hate F1 due to being woken up to the sound of cars whizzing by on the TV on rainy dull Saturday mornings because of my dad. I associate F1 with colds and nothing to eat in the house. Same with cricket but cricket is associated with sunny days, grass and barbeques :smile: But still no food in the house and lack of parent time.
Not from the way you described it, no I wouldn't. If that's all he ever does or talks about, we wouldn't have anything in common, so what would we talk about? :confused:
Reply 33
I shouldn't show her a race. Deathly boring for anyone who doesn't know about all the technical and strategy ****.

And definitely not the lacklustre one we've just had to endure today.
Reply 34
Original post by Nerd_No_More

No, not me. DC?? Are you for real? He looks like Buzz Lightyear. Do you fancy DC?

Vettel all the way. He's so dreamy...

Nico Rosberg is the Justin Beiber of F1. Needless to say, i find him very attractive too :wink:
Reply 35
Original post by 01010000 01001010
Formula 1?! Haha, oh wow. So sad, at least be obsessed with something worth obsessing over. Like Star Trek or EVEOnline instead of the generic sport thing.

I like formula 1, dont really see the problem with that. And wtf why star trek
Reply 36
No, not me. DC?? Are you for real? He looks like Buzz Lightyear. Do you fancy DC?

Vettel all the way. He's so dreamy...

Nico Rosberg is the Justin Beiber of F1. Needless to say, i find him very attractive too :wink:

No I don't fancy DC, I'm not gay!!!

But DC has had tons of hot girlfriends and a lot of women do fancy him , especially for his charming personality and his 'soothing voice'. That's what girls have told me.

Btw do any girls think Schuey is hot?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 37
Original post by Roxannabelle
Same here. Infact, he got me really into F1 too.
I cant get enough :smile:

Can't say I've really gotten into it myself, but I make an effort to show an interest. He returns the favour by tolerating my general nerdyness and obsession with rocks.
Reply 38
Original post by S_123
I don't think it'd be a dealbreaker but I wouldn't like it since I hate F1 due to being woken up to the sound of cars whizzing by on the TV on rainy dull Saturday mornings because of my dad. I associate F1 with colds and nothing to eat in the house. Same with cricket but cricket is associated with sunny days, grass and barbeques :smile: But still no food in the house and lack of parent time.

I agree with you that cricket is bad but not formula 1 :eek:
Reply 39
Original post by Arekkusu
I shouldn't show her a race. Deathly boring for anyone who doesn't know about all the technical and strategy ****.

And definitely not the lacklustre one we've just had to endure today.

It was ****e. The moveable rear wings don't work. The car in front can just use his KERS, thus neutralizing the effect of the wing.

I'm also angry that Merc have produced a **** car AGAIN.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending