The Student Room Group

Girls-what do you think of men that 'take care' of themselves?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Iorek
It's good to take care and maintain yourself. Everyone should do it. In my experience, most girls won't mind it and some even get amused by it.

I tend to take care of myself as I often work close to 100 hours per week and at all hours of the day due to the nature of my work which requires me to be in conversation with people all over the world.

Used to maintaining myself, my mother used to run a company that imported a certain brand of cosmetics and also ran a chain of beauty salons. Always had the chance to use various cosmetics.

I shower twice a day.
I don't pluck brows, prefer to use wax.
Rest of body, I go for a full wax job.
Face.... shave everyday.

Face maintenance :-
Wash 3x, once in the morning, when I return from work and before I sleep. I use a very good cleanser. Every 3rd day I use a scrub.
Before sleeping I use a toner and apply some eyecare serum.
Morning I use a moisturiser.

Body maintenance :-
Shower twice daily, morning is just a quick shower and then a normal body lotion.
Evening shower, use a body brush and exfoliate and apply a body moisturiser, in the colder months I apply it in the mornings as well.

It takes around 30 minutes to do everything.

I do use fairly good cosmetics, usually those by Dermalogica and La Mer.

Been doing it since I was 15, as a result most people tend to think I'm at least 10 years younger than I really am. In some places I still get asked for ID to buy alcohol or enter clubs. :tongue:

Flippin ek mate!

I bet you have even overtaken the girls in some aspects.

BTW how old are you and are you a millionaire?
Original post by LzLz
I for one cannot go a day without a shower, I pluck my mono brow and clean eyebrows up slightly, I trim 'down there' and shave around the edges, I trim armpits (IMO there is nothing worse than a tuft of hair emerging from your t-shirt) and I moisterise (sometimes even tinted), body brush, exfoliate,keep my facial hair trimmed and always have a nice fragrence on.

I'm confident in my sexuality (straight) 100%.

If they all had a body like the one in sig, I couldn't care less :sexface:

Is it you ?
Reply 122
Original post by MelonFroot
If they all had a body like the one in sig, I couldn't care less :sexface:

Is it you ?

It sure is. You have no idea how many PM's I get asking me for routines, diet plans etc. I like helping people in their fitness goals though.
Reply 123
Original post by Iorek
It's good to take care and maintain yourself. Everyone should do it. In my experience, most girls won't mind it and some even get amused by it.

I tend to take care of myself as I often work close to 100 hours per week and at all hours of the day due to the nature of my work which requires me to be in conversation with people all over the world.

Used to maintaining myself, my mother used to run a company that imported a certain brand of cosmetics and also ran a chain of beauty salons. Always had the chance to use various cosmetics.

I shower twice a day.
I don't pluck brows, prefer to use wax.
Rest of body, I go for a full wax job.
Face.... shave everyday.

Face maintenance :-
Wash 3x, once in the morning, when I return from work and before I sleep. I use a very good cleanser. Every 3rd day I use a scrub.
Before sleeping I use a toner and apply some eyecare serum.
Morning I use a moisturiser.

Body maintenance :-
Shower twice daily, morning is just a quick shower and then a normal body lotion.
Evening shower, use a body brush and exfoliate and apply a body moisturiser, in the colder months I apply it in the mornings as well.

It takes around 30 minutes to do everything.

I do use fairly good cosmetics, usually those by Dermalogica and La Mer.

Been doing it since I was 15, as a result most people tend to think I'm at least 10 years younger than I really am. In some places I still get asked for ID to buy alcohol or enter clubs. :tongue:

I see the family trait. Think I'll stick to being the average man though. Some people just do too much.
Reply 124
OP actually sounds like a nice guy. People are obv jealous of him and his nice body (no homo). He probs gets more pussy in a week than you losers get in your life.

He also helps people all the time regarding fitness so he is a nice guy.
Original post by LzLz
It sure is. You have no idea how many PM's I get asking me for routines, diet plans etc. I like helping people in their fitness goals though.

Keep up the good work :wink:
Original post by LzLz
I for one cannot go a day without a shower, I pluck my mono brow and clean eyebrows up slightly, I trim 'down there' and shave around the edges, I trim armpits (IMO there is nothing worse than a tuft of hair emerging from your t-shirt) and I moisterise (sometimes even tinted), body brush, exfoliate,keep my facial hair trimmed and always have a nice fragrence on.

I'm confident in my sexuality (straight) 100%.

Sounds good.

As long as you keep the chest hair.

Let's go to the spa together?
Original post by LzLz
i don't actually spend long getting ready, this is like over the course of the month.

Ok well I do like a guy who is quite well groomed and keeps himself clean, not scruffy, tidy, looks like he's had a wash, smells nice - very important, etc.

By the way I like your sig. :ahee:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 128

Original post by LzLz

body brush is just like a bristley brush that you rub your skin with and it gets rid of the dry skin, then you shower and moisterise and it makes it all so much more effective. Skin feels so good, try it :wink: (no homo)

How could that in any way have been interpreted as homo?
Reply 129
Original post by No Future
Sounds good.

As long as you keep the chest hair.

Let's go to the spa together?

I don't really get a lot of body hair. I never shave/wax my body, I'm smooth as a babys bum.

Time and place?

Original post by Dee Leigh
Ok well I do like a guy who is quite well groomed and keeps himself clean, not scruffy, tidy, looks like he's had a wash, smells nice - very important, etc.

By the way I like your sig. :ahee:

Haha thank you, appreiciate it :smile:
I find eyebrow plucking/tinting too far personally. (Unless they have a monobrow)

Most other things I wouldn't mind.
Reply 131
Original post by 4ttari

:biggrin: Actually that's only some of the things I do.... I do quite a few more stuff to take care of myself, but I don't do it as regularly. Applying egg yolk on hair, face masque, body masque, hands and feet spa treatment among other things :smile:

Overtaken girls? I generally learn it from girls from Hong Kong... usually cousins of mine.... they tend to be very good with such regimes due to the harsh climate and pollutants from China.

When we were still dating, my wife had no idea over half the stuff I did and would always complain I took more time to get ready than her :tongue: but these days the things I do for myself at night I also do it on her... we share the same cosmetics :smile:

When I was doing my 2nd degree, I used to teach some Welsh girls at the flat below mine on how to use some of the cosmetics and every now and then would do the face care regimes with them especially the scrub part to it....... but stopped most of it as my wife used to get very jealous.

Original post by 4ttari

Am 33.

Not a millionaire... I would have been if I didn't spend so much on cosmetics :biggrin: Why?
Reply 132
Original post by Iorek
:biggrin: Actually that's only some of the things I do.... I do quite a few more stuff to take care of myself, but I don't do it as regularly. Applying egg yolk on hair, face masque, body masque, hands and feet spa treatment among other things :smile:

Overtaken girls? I generally learn it from girls from Hong Kong... usually cousins of mine.... they tend to be very good with such regimes due to the harsh climate and pollutants from China.

When we were still dating, my wife had no idea over half the stuff I did and would always complain I took more time to get ready than her :tongue: but these days the things I do for myself at night I also do it on her... we share the same cosmetics :smile:

When I was doing my 2nd degree, I used to teach some Welsh girls at the flat below mine on how to use some of the cosmetics and every now and then would do the face care regimes with them especially the scrub part to it....... but stopped most of it as my wife used to get very jealous.

Am 33.

Not a millionaire... I would have been if I didn't spend so much on cosmetics :biggrin: Why?

Kool i lived in Hong Kong for 5 years, I remember when i came to UK i was WTF this is where old folks retire lol.

Damn man you spend soo much time and money taking care of yourself and here's me sitting with a pot belly looking like Jesus.

I assumed you were pretty rich to have a big home in the country with your wife growing organic stuff and you sounded very professional with all this travelling work you do meeting different people all over the place.

You don't have kids do you?
Reply 133
It's funny how its a 70/30 split with both boys and girls' opinions on this.
Original post by 4ttari
Flippin ek mate!

LOL innit... and shaving everyday? hard to believe.
Reply 135
Original post by lukejoshjedi
LOL innit... and shaving everyday? hard to believe.

You like being scruffy? :biggrin: I don't like 5'o clock shades :smile:

Original post by 4ttari
Kool i lived in Hong Kong for 5 years, I remember when i came to UK i was WTF this is where old folks retire lol.

HAHA... it's what a lot of people from who moved to UK from Hong Kong after the handover in 97 felt as well including many of my relatives who made it here.... the last one left in 07 as the family just couldn't take the lifestyle here and also the taxes.

Original post by 4ttari
Damn man you spend soo much time and money taking care of yourself and here's me sitting with a pot belly looking like Jesus.

It feels good to take care of yourself :smile: You should try it.

Original post by 4ttari

I assumed you were pretty rich to have a big home in the country with your wife growing organic stuff.

The organic stuff is grown on an investment I made some years ago that went bad. I kept it as a reminder to myself to not be greedy and also to do what I'm good at and best not to mess with stuff I have no clue about.

I bought an 80 acre farm, had 4 cottages, 2 barns and 1 big house on it, all were in state of disrepair. Bought it originally for speculation as I thought it could get planning permission to be redeveloped.... so I paid over odds for it....... well it turned out all I had purchased was an overpriced farm :tongue:

Left it idle for 5 years.... then last year the missus decided to do something with it as she decided she didn't want to live anywhere inside the M25.

She had 30 acres of the land planted with various kinds of woodland trees, she completely planned out a barn conversion and made it into her dream home... this is the house we live in now. Oh yeah when she does something, it will always be done on a bargain. LOL.

Original post by 4ttari

You don't have kids do you?

Got a 3 year old and 1 more on the way :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending