The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 760
Original post by georgia246
No i just know loads of people going there, and their applications for accommodation seem really in depth..

Ah i see :smile: Medicine is so difficult to get into though anyway, and especially this year so not really failure. I want to do Broadcast Journalism & i know it sounds a bit odd (like why didn't i apply for that) but I like English & generally more successful journalists (found out on w/e) do English.. and it's less vocational if i change my mind :smile:

Yea i prefer doing something that gives you a much wider option, that's why i didn't do actuarial science. Do something you'd enjoy give you a lot of options and good prospect :h:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 761
Original post by ohhelloruth
do you reckon leodis and tannery would be JB's backups??

I'm pretty sure if you put en suite then location Maybe price as the 4th cos you don't want Charles morris or hp it should get you leodis as a back up. I'd be happy with leodis, not been to the tannery
Original post by dmz
I'm pretty sure if you put en suite then location Maybe price as the 4th cos you don't want Charles morris or hp it should get you leodis as a back up. I'd be happy with leodis, not been to the tannery

i ve heard the tannery is nice, but location wise its a bit on its own.. but that the social side is actually ok! yeah i think id prioritise therefore i should get ensuite, locaton and self catering.. therefore i should get leodis or tannery :smile:
Original post by Prose Before Hoes
Yeah, I like the look of James Baillie Park but it seems to be so oversubscribed :frown: The other places closer to the campus don't seem too great in my opinion and I'm stuck over what to choose. I might just throw caution to the wind and go with my gut and pick CD. I just need to convince myself :redface:

I think 50% chance for JB is still pretty decent, so long as you're not SUPER picky about other places. If CD is what your gut's telling you though, I'd say go for it!:tongue: Taxis are nothing if you're sharing with others. Personally I'm thinking of switching to The Tannery now, it's a nice short distance and not too quiet or over-subscribed and it's close to other halls :smile: I'm just a bit apprehensive about the fact that nobody else seems to want it :tongue:
Original post by hoopyfrood199
I think 50% chance for JB is still pretty decent, so long as you're not SUPER picky about other places. If CD is what your gut's telling you though, I'd say go for it!:tongue: Taxis are nothing if you're sharing with others. Personally I'm thinking of switching to The Tannery now, it's a nice short distance and not too quiet or over-subscribed and it's close to other halls :smile: I'm just a bit apprehensive about the fact that nobody else seems to want it :tongue:

same! i like the look of the tannery, but im scared that their is some secret bad point i just dont know about... :P
same! i like the look of the tannery, but im scared that their is some secret bad point i just dont know about... :P

Hahah, least I'm not alone! Let's just go crazy and apply for it anyway :tongue:
Reply 766
Did no-one take photos?! :cry::cry::cry:
Reply 767
ACCOM OFFICE :smile:

Hii, sorry to ask questions I know you must be busy! I want to go to James Baillie in an ensuite room, where do I select ensuite room on the application form? I can't find it! Also, how over subscribed is James Baillie?

And last question, if I put my preferences as follows:

Closeness to Campus 1
En suite 2
Other- at least 4 to a flat 3
Organised Social Activities 4
Low Cost 5
Availability of Meals 6

Where am I likely to be given if I don't get James Baillie? I really want to put James Baillie but I'm scared that I'm not going to get in and get somewhere that I really don't want to be in.
Reply 768
Original post by tea kid
Did no-one take photos?! :cry::cry::cry:

it was too crowded. It would have been basically taking a picture of someone else. Sorry :console:
Reply 769
i ve heard the tannery is nice, but location wise its a bit on its own.. but that the social side is actually ok! yeah i think id prioritise therefore i should get ensuite, locaton and self catering.. therefore i should get leodis or tannery :smile:

you've not been to see it then?
what's the difference between tannery and leodis? To you and what'd seperate them on the system?
Reply 770
was the tannery same as it looks in the picture? Wish I'd been to more places. All the en suite self catered within 20mins walk all seem cool other than dev so I'm not too bothered anymore, as long as it's got a common room
Original post by emilymay

Where am I likely to be given if I don't get James Baillie? I really want to put James Baillie but I'm scared that I'm not going to get in and get somewhere that I really don't want to be in.

^ Sameee, I really liked the look of James Baillie.
Original post by dmz
According to this HP doesn't have wireless either
http://iss.leeds.ac.uk/info/270/residence_network/748/about_resnet

I love HP that much don't even care haha!! :smile::smile: have you decided were your going? :biggrin:
Original post by dmz
you've not been to see it then?
what's the difference between tannery and leodis? To you and what'd seperate them on the system?

ive not seen tannery, i saw leodis from the outside. itsdown a hill and in a bit of a **** area... im not over keen on leodis but id settle for it as a backup i think?
and i dont have a clue whatd seperate them, i guess itd be luck whether you got tannery or leodis if you didnt get JB :smile:
Original post by accomoffice
Yup, about 75%

Can I ask what the likely hood is that if I don’t get accepted into Henry Price will I be put somewhere were I have to share a bathroom? I don't mind sharing with one person but if it’s more than one I would rather have an ensuite but obviously it will be low in my priorities as I really want Henry Price, if I don’t get in can I specify, if I have to be moved that I want an ensuite?
Sorry if that’s confusing. Thank you :smile:

ALSO, I put the price as my last priority does this mean they will put me in the most expensive room: / I’ve just thought about it, and I hope they don’t!!
(edited 13 years ago)
I just applied for Henry Price wowowowowow!! Im soo excited :biggrin:
Original post by Laura x<3x
Hey =) I went to The Tannery, and I actually loved it too!! I'm a bit unsure though, because of the busses not running to uni (might be an issue on a rainy day) and also I hear that the social scene isn't that great there?? I'm torn between there and JBP at the minute :s-smilie: gutted I didn't go to see Dev now though!!! xxx

My boyfriend lived at concept place last year which is over the road and its in such a studenty area, he now lives near JBP and its still a nice area and takes the same amount of time as tannery. I think im gonna put tannery because its most modern, double beds, en suite, near town, close to uni and everyone lives in headingley in second year anyway so try somethin different for first year, also ill have a higher chance of getting it!
Where did you hear that the social scene wasnt great? no one seems to want tannery and i dont know why?! xxxx
Reply 777
Original post by PhilosophyIsMyGame
I love HP that much don't even care haha!! :smile::smile: have you decided were your going? :biggrin:

Haha sweet. I want JB need a way to make CD my back up tho i wouldn't mind tannery either! Did you visit it? The common room looks good on the picture
ive not seen tannery, i saw leodis from the outside. itsdown a hill and in a bit of a **** area... im not over keen on leodis but id settle for it as a backup i think?
and i dont have a clue whatd seperate them, i guess itd be luck whether you got tannery or leodis if you didnt get JB :smile:

Tannery looks nice on the picture but i don't know if id trust the pictures tho! I guess i would be happy with either CD or tannery as back up. :sigh: decisions!
Original post by PhilosophyIsMyGame
I just applied for Henry Price wowowowowow!! Im soo excited :biggrin:

wish i was excited as i was last year. But waited too long now. It's gonna be fun :biggrin:
Original post by Abnegation
It really wasn't very far from the uni - it's mainly just one big road down from the Parkinson building :smile: I think if I'm honest I was just being a bit fussy - in comparison to my other two choices, the surrounding area was my least favourite since there really wasn't anything much around.

Me too D: Although the girl giving the tour did say that it was massively undersubscribed this year so I wouldn't imagine it would change too significantly for September (hopefully!).

The room sizes in CD were the biggest of the three I saw. There was definitely room for extra storage, etc. Though the rooms weren't all a generic shape so I guess the amount of space would just depend on which room you got.

The gallery picture for the Tannery does seem really big! Maybe the rooms I saw were just oddly small, haha.

Do we get back-up choices then? I was under the impression that we just chose one and then indicated our preferences, but that would be brilliant if so :smile:

The rooms and kitchens i saw at tannery were huge and over summer they are putting double beds in all the rooms so they have to be big enough for that. I <3 tannery, and the surrounding area is so studenty! most accomodations in close proximity. xxxx
Anyone take any pictures of Lupton?