The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

UEA Freshers 2011

Scroll to see replies

Definitely joining the lacrosse club!
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 101
Some of those are great. Anarchist society ffs. :lol:
Reply 102
Cheese and wine cheese and wine cheese and wine
Cocktails!
Comee onnnn!
Original post by stevenbreda
Definitely joining the lacrosse club!

I've had vague hopes of playing lacrosse since I was 7 and read 'The Naughiest Girl in School Again'. :biggrin: Riding for me, though!
Original post by Emily-claire
wrap it up before you slap it up.

Noted. :indiff:
Original post by jelly1000
Yey finally someone else looking to go for campus ensuite :smile:

Yay! :smile: I know I'm surprised that more people don't want the campus ensuite, I found the stairs in Norfolk and Suffolk absolutely terrifying!

Original post by diamonddust
Firmed UEA! :woo:

:biggrin: Awesome! I shall see you in September!
Original post by morematterlessartx
Yay! :smile: I know I'm surprised that more people don't want the campus ensuite, I found the stairs in Norfolk and Suffolk absolutely terrifying!

:biggrin: Awesome! I shall see you in September!

I do love your optimism! :biggrin: :biggrin: Yes, will deffo see you in September! *game on* :wink:

I hated those stairs.. I'm clumsy at the best of times! They're just lethal! :biggrin:

I'm considering the campus ensuite now! I wasn't really before because I thought there were too many people but I suppose I have to get over my fear of crowds at some point! And I'll have more people to choose from when I'm looking for friends! :blush: I'm still erring towards the village though so I don't know! I'm being my usual indecisive self. :tongue: I think the only descison I've made and not second-guessed is firming UEA! I got my UCAS letter saying I can change my choices and now I feel like changing my insurance to Lancaster-just because! I won't but that just shows how indecisive I am... :facepalm:
I do love your optimism! :biggrin: :biggrin: Yes, will deffo see you in September! *game on* :wink:

Haha! I am trying so hard to talk myself into getting the grades! I am the worst procrastinator ever, I keep signing out of TSR and facebook to stop wasting time but then I forget and log back in:tongue:

I hated those stairs.. I'm clumsy at the best of times! They're just lethal! :biggrin:

I know I would definitely fall down them, especially during freshers -how have drunken people not died?!

I'm considering the campus ensuite now! I wasn't really before because I thought there were too many people but I suppose I have to get over my fear of crowds at some point! And I'll have more people to choose from when I'm looking for friends! :blush: I'm still erring towards the village though so I don't know! I'm being my usual indecisive self. :tongue: I think the only descison I've made and not second-guessed is firming UEA! I got my UCAS letter saying I can change my choices and now I feel like changing my insurance to Lancaster-just because! I won't but that just shows how indecisive I am... :facepalm:

Haha aww bless you! Go for campus ensuite! We can watch Glee:biggrin: (I saw you mentioned a Glee Club- do they actually have one??- I'm so there:colondollar:) I like the idea of being as close as possible to the drama department, I am so bad for forgetting things the nearer I am to my room the better! Haha they really shouldn't tempt people like that! I still haven't got my letter from UCAS I don't think? But its all good cos I got the lovely thank you for firming us email from UEA:tongue:
Reply 108
Sososososo excited to go see the uni on Wednesday as you guys all hype it up so much.
Original post by morematterlessartx
Haha! I am trying so hard to talk myself into getting the grades! I am the worst procrastinator ever, I keep signing out of TSR and facebook to stop wasting time but then I forget and log back in:tongue:

I know I would definitely fall down them, especially during freshers -how have drunken people not died?!

Haha aww bless you! Go for campus ensuite! We can watch Glee:biggrin: (I saw you mentioned a Glee Club- do they actually have one??- I'm so there:colondollar:) I like the idea of being as close as possible to the drama department, I am so bad for forgetting things the nearer I am to my room the better! Haha they really shouldn't tempt people like that! I still haven't got my letter from UCAS I don't think? But its all good cos I got the lovely thank you for firming us email from UEA:tongue:

Yup, they actually have a glee club! :biggrin: :awesome:
Ooh, you're tempting me with Glee... Campus ensuite just became my first choice!
I still haven't got my email... :curious: -1 UEA, -1! :biggrin: :tongue:
Hey :smile: I'm still trying to decide between my firm and insurance, anyone here going for Psychology? I'm so stuck deciding!!
Original post by dreamofaninsomniac
Hey :smile: I'm still trying to decide between my firm and insurance, anyone here going for Psychology? I'm so stuck deciding!!

Which universities are you stuck between? :smile:
I'd say choose UEA 'cause we can have Glee nights! And everyone who is human likes Glee! :awesome:
*cough* I mean UEA has a fantastic Psych department...

I do psychology. Let me know if you've got any questions :smile: Where else are you applying?

I don't like Glee though...
Original post by pigwigeon
I do psychology. Let me know if you've got any questions :smile: Where else are you applying?

Awesome :smile: I'm choosing between UEA and York atm...York is "better" but I kinda fell in love with UEA when I came to the open days. What do you think of the course/leacturers/work load/uni in general? x
Which universities are you stuck between? :smile:
I'd say choose UEA 'cause we can have Glee nights! And everyone who is human likes Glee! :awesome:
*cough* I mean UEA has a fantastic Psych department...

Stuck between York and UEA but you've kinda tempted me with the Glee...:wink:
Original post by pigwigeon

:eek: Yeah, for that you get a glare/weird look from Darren freakin' Criss!

:biggrin:
dreamofaninsomniac
Stuck between York and UEA but you've kinda tempted me with the Glee...:wink:

YAY! :puppyeyes: You know you want to... and does York have a Glee club? :tongue:
I'll leave you with that thought! *flounces off dramatically*

:biggrin: :biggrin:

YAY! :puppyeyes: You know you want to... and does York have a Glee club? :tongue:
I'll leave you with that thought! *flounces off dramatically*

:biggrin: :biggrin:

That doesn't make my decision any harder...:tongue: btw, am i the only potential UEA fresher not from around london?
Reply 117
You're not! I've firmed UEA and I'm from Lowestoft, just 45 minutes away.
There's someone who is coming to UEA from Ireland! :biggrin:
Awesome :smile: I'm choosing between UEA and York atm...York is "better" but I kinda fell in love with UEA when I came to the open days. What do you think of the course/leacturers/work load/uni in general? x

I like the course. It's very heavily weighted towards social psychology, which is good if you like that kind of thing. I think they ease you in gently, so the biological/cognitive stuff's all in the second semester. The lecturers are great, I don't fall asleep in (many) lectures. The workload's fine. I think with psychology, you don't have as many lectures/seminars as some of the other subjects, but you're expected to do a lot of extra reading. I don't do as much as I should (maybe an hour or so a day to keep up with the lectures), but I've been getting firsts and high 2:1s in everything, so I don't think doing loads is really that necessary in first year. The timetable is awesome. I'm envied by my flatmates because I've got Wednesdays and Fridays off (the main nights out in the week are Tuesdays and Thursdays), and have next year as well. It's almost as if they want me to drink. As for the uni, I've probably gone on about this too much, but it's awesome. I don't think anyone I know that's here has much of a bad word to say about it. I love it.

I'M SORRY! My dad loves it, though. He asked for tickets to the live show for Christmas, but no one would go with him, so he had to settle for a box set. Haha.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending