The Student Room Group

Getting quality time together

I've been with my girlfriend for around 7 months. I'm 22 and she's 24. We only really get to see each other at the moment at the weekend due to work and uni.

Saturday there I traveled to hers (hour away), we took her daughter out for the day to the shows in the afternoon, time we got back she made the dinner and tidied the place. Then because her daughter was staying at her grans that night we went straight back out to drop her off. It was about 8ish when we got back, she quickly ordered something she needed for her birthday online, ready for bed we stuck a DVD in. 10minutes in it wasn't that good we started to have some fun, she sucked me off and then was pretty much falling asleep. Denialing that she was tired I just switched it off and she was alseep.

I was wide awake. Lying their facing the celling at 9pm on a sataurday night and seen past 11pm where i remembed to change my clock.
#. But I was really annoyed at this. She's done it once before but I took the benifit of the doubt that time. I didn't say much about it to her. She knew i was annoyed and I didn't need to explain myself. I was leaving early as had work in the sunday afternoon.

All week I get, I can't wait to see you, I can't wait to spend time together, roll on the weekend etc etc. It comes to that one time of the day were together and get to spend time with each other, just me and her, nothing and nobody else. And she falls asleep at 9pm. It just feels like ever time I'm at hers, she's always busy doing somthing else, may it be sitting on facebook next to me, having to go pick people up or to the shops or what ever else. I think the last time we spent quality time together was a few weeks ago where we went a long walk one sunny afternoon together.

Should I be annoyed?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I've been with my girlfriend for around 7 months. I'm 22 and she's 24. We only really get to see each other at the moment at the weekend due to work and uni.

Saturday there I traveled to hers (hour away), we took her daughter out for the day to the shows in the afternoon, time we got back she made the dinner and tidied the place. Then because her daughter was staying at her grans that night we went straight back out to drop her off. It was about 8ish when we got back, she quickly ordered something she needed for her birthday online, ready for bed we stuck a DVD in. 10minutes in it wasn't that good we started to have some fun, she sucked me off and then was pretty much falling asleep. Denialing that she was tired I just switched it off and she was alseep.

I was wide awake. Lying their facing the celling at 9pm on a sataurday night and seen past 11pm where i remembed to change my clock.
#. But I was really annoyed at this. She's done it once before but I took the benifit of the doubt that time. I didn't say much about it to her. She knew i was annoyed and I didn't need to explain myself. I was leaving early as had work in the sunday afternoon.

All week I get, I can't wait to see you, I can't wait to spend time together, roll on the weekend etc etc. It comes to that one time of the day were together and get to spend time with each other, just me and her, nothing and nobody else. And she falls asleep at 9pm. It just feels like ever time I'm at hers, she's always busy doing somthing else, may it be sitting on facebook next to me, having to go pick people up or to the shops or what ever else. I think the last time we spent quality time together was a few weeks ago where we went a long walk one sunny afternoon together.

Should I be annoyed?

Are you trying to write a Romance novel here? I don't understand any part of your story bro.
Talk to her about it.
all relationships problems on TSR seem to be the same.
and they all have the same solution.
Reply 3
Original post by PopABottle
Are you trying to write a Romance novel here? I don't understand any part of your story bro.

Sober up..
Reply 4
Talk to her instead of us. Might be more beneficial.
Reply 5
She has a child, no wonder she's exhausted... Cut her some slack, but do talk about it to her. Perhaps you'll need to change your sleeping pattern to coincide with hers?
or maybe you need to understand and appreciate its tiring and hard work being a single parent and she didnt do it deliberatley, if you cant deal with taking 2nd place to her child then leave her.
Reply 7
Maybe you should first decide if you are angry at her or the situation.

Its not really her fault that she was dead tired at the end of the evening, taking care of kids/tidying up after them is a taxing job, espcially after a busy week.
Is't true you had to change your time one hour forward Saturday :s-smilie:?
Reply 9
At least you remembered to change the clock!
Reply 10
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by Anonymous

Should I be annoyed?

It's not weird that you are annoyed! My girlfriend often does the same thing!! Today, for example, she met up with me after seeing her friend and she was really awake, but after just a couple of hours, she was tired (all we did was I was helping her study) and didn't want to even sit up properly while I was on a couch with her (which is after we had studied for a bit).

I too wish my girlfriend took more appreciation of the time we have together. Whenever I'm with her I pretty much ignore my phone but she insists on answering hers, and she goes online to check facebook, etc.

I can sympathize with you, and she too knows how annoyed I get when she does this. I don't know how I can confront her with it without getting into a silly argument.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending