The Student Room Group

Which Oxbridge college is the most overrated?

In my opinion, King's College, Cambridge. But in yours?
Reply 1
Original post by sohoscribbler

why dod you say so?
Overrated by what criteria?

Also terrible thread.
Most of them are highly rated because they're good.
Anything that's not Woosta, clearly :cool:
Reply 5

Huh?

I was going to do a jokey 'St John's' post because we know where they'd rather be, but I've been distracted by your labelling of King's. What about it? I found that the college differences were mainly smaller points of opinion, rather than actual factual superiorities - e.g. do you prefer a large college, a small college, that kinda thing.
Reply 6

I'd only say it's overrated by the tourists. Which is fine as far as I'm concerned because it means we get fewer of them looking round here.
Reply 7

Out of curiosity, what makes you say KC?
Everyone
Reply 9
Original post by braceface
Out of curiosity, what makes you say KC?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=30194120&highlight=
So presumably King's was the OP's college which failed to fight his corner and ultimately forced him to drop out of his course. Sounds like a fair enough reason for bearing a personal grudge against a college, even if that doesn't necessarily make it overrated...:dontknow:
this website never fails to produce some of the most banal and pointless questions!
Totally :dry:
Original post by comrade_jon
Huh?

I was going to do a jokey 'St John's' post because we know where they'd rather be, but I've been distracted by your labelling of King's. What about it? I found that the college differences were mainly smaller points of opinion, rather than actual factual superiorities - e.g. do you prefer a large college, a small college, that kinda thing.

:facepalm:
You really can't have found anything because you've not gotten here yet.

It's impossible to significantly grasp important differences between colleges if you've not lived in one. I'm being completely serious. Everybody here agrees that they had no idea what it was like and that there basically isn't any way you can tell before you arrive. There are objective differences, and in some cases they can make a big difference to your experience. I hated not having access to a 24 hour library when I knew that 19 other colleges had them.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending