The Student Room Group

I want to make my insurance choice my firm! Help!!

I know there is a thread about this, but it is a bit out of date. Has anyone got any past experiences about what to do? It pretty early so do you think it will be ok(ish)

thanks in advance! :smile:)
If you get your current firm to reject you, it will make your current insurance into your new firm.
Original post by goerigi
is it difficult to get them to reject you?

Not really, just ask them to and justify why - they don't have to, but there's no benefit to them to not. Be absolutely sure you want to have your current insurance as your firm, though, because getting the offer back is much harder; also, you'll have no insurance once it's done.

If it's less than a fortnight since you made these decisions, phone UCAS to try and change things around first - you get a grace period, so should be able to make your current insurance your firm and may even get one of the rejected offers back to have as an insurance.
Original post by goerigi
I know there is a thread about this, but it is a bit out of date.

How can a thread that is only two weeks old be out of date? That sticky thread is authoritative and perfectly apposite to your question; you won't get better advice. Read it and act on it.
Original post by goerigi
Oh the one I found was from 2008. If you could give me the link for this thread it would be great thanks!! :smile:

Sticky, highlighted in magenta, at the top of the forum you are posting in. I can see why you couldn't find it amid all that clutter.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1571535

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending