The Student Room Group

Muslim friend won't talk to me anymore because I have sex

I have/had a friend who was very religious, as in he believed you would be punished after death if you had sex before marriage. I think he thought that I thought the same as him (I am not muslim btw). I got a boyfriend, and I stay over his house, and from that he's kind of guessed that I have sex. He told me it was wrong and hasn't spoken to me since because of it. I have emailed him to ask how he is, but I never get a reply.

Ugh what do I do? Shall I just forget it and move on?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Forget him and move on, it's none of his business what you do or do not do with your boyfriend, let alone resting your friendship on it. It's all very well if it's against his beliefs, but he is being unreasonable by trying to force those on you.
Reply 2
He's not all that angelic if he hangs out with females, is he? Ignore the hypocrite and move on.
Its your life and you should do what it suits you...

ps get ready for a load of muslim bashing
Reply 4
His beliefs are his! He's an idiot for trying to impose them on you but you would be a bigger idiot if you actually cared about his opinions on your PERSONAL life.

Just ignore him - there are better people in this massive world to be friends with.
Reply 5
Phone MI5 so they can add him to the extremist list.
What can you do? Gutted.
Reply 7
It's a shame he has such narrow views, how does he expect to get on in life living in England with the millions of people who have boyfriends and girlfriends that have sex, if he refused to talk to averyone who had sex outside marriage he'd have very few people to talk to. If it was me, I'd remind him of this point and move on.
Reply 8
If he can't comprehend that people have different views and not everyone is like him then you're probably better off without him and he can hang out with more suitable friends who share his views.
Again with the pointing out of your friend being Muslim. Why didn't you just put the title "Friend won't talk to me anymore because I have sex"
Including Muslim in the title is asking for trouble

EDIT
Aw come on ! Whats with the neg man ?
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by CookieGhoul
Again with the pointing out of your friend being Muslim. Why didn't you just put the title "Friend won't talk to me anymore because I have sex"

Why?

Because certain religions react with violence when criticism is projected at them?

I think I would have responded the same if it had been a Christian, Jew, Hindu, etc.
Original post by CookieGhoul

:lolwut:

She just might have pointed out he is a muslim because it's very relevant to the topic and explains why he has his views
Original post by clara78
you think that's funny racist pig!

Inb4 "ISLAM IS NOT A WAYCE FAM".
Its your option to have sex,

maybe pull him aside and have it out, explain that youre not muslim, and in your religion doing such an act isnt a sin?
Original post by r_n_b_crazi
Why?

Because certain religions react with violence when criticism is projected at them?

I think I would have responded the same if it had been a Christian, Jew, Hindu, etc.

Of course I understand what the OP is trying to say that the Muslim guy is ignoring her just because shes having sex and she is entitled to do whatever she wishes. Thats totally wrong on the part of the Muslim guy. I agree with the OP.Thats just plain wrong.

However, nowadays on TSR, anything with the word "Muslim" in the title or "Muslim" in the post garners huge responses from people, and jumps to the Most Popular tab. All I am trying to say is that it was not neccesary to write "Muslim" in the title.
Original post by clara78
You think that's funny racist pig! just because his a Muslim if it were a Christian or Jewish you wouldn't be saying that.

Muslims aren't a race :facepalm:
Original post by Mujeriego

you were just in before me :biggrin:
Reply 17

english please i don't understand what your saying
Original post by clara78
english please i don't understand what your saying

That's racist.
Surely it's up to him who he is/isn't friends with? It may seem harsh from your pov but as least he's been honest and given you a direct answer. What are you gonna do, force him to be your friend?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending