The Student Room Group

Getting Groped in Clubs

Scroll to see replies

Funny 2nd paragraph op.
Reply 81
The problem is that on many occasions that is how guys get girls in clubs. They simply come from behind and start "grinding" on their bums. More girls than you can think of will not push the guy away and have a fling with him!
Original post by BoxesAndBangles
Hi, so basically I was wondering about this after reading the BBC's latest news on sexual harrassment. Now, at clubs, girls are grabbed and groped. Fact. But when is it too far? I mean, myself like most girls get the unwanted bum pinches/leers/getting grabbed. However there have been a couple of occassions where I feel it's gone further than that and it just hasn't registered with me, and hasn't shocked me, because it's in a club. If it was anywhere else.. it would be sexual harrassment.

But for example, the other night I was out and a man came up behind me in a club while I was at the bar which was pretty quiet, grabbed a boob in one hand and an ass cheek in the other and pulled me towards him from behind quite aggressively, rubbing his erection onto the ass cheek he wasn't squeezing. This was pretty bad. I've had other similar experiences and just wondered, how do you react? Do you think it's okay because it's in a club? Why are me and my friends so desensitized to this?

"...my friends and I..."
Guys have their asses pinched/groped as well. They just laugh it off. I don't see why its so different the other way round. The amount of mates of mine that have had shirts ripped open/ taken off and stolen too, normally meaning they have to walk home topless.

Point is its not just men that act this way, occupational hazard of people who are very drunk I guess.

Saying that theres definitely a line to be crossed though.
Reply 84
if girls dress like sluts they get treated like sluts
Original post by steve.laing16
Guys have their asses pinched/groped as well. They just laugh it off. I don't see why its so different the other way round. The amount of mates of mine that have had shirts ripped open/ taken off and stolen too, normally meaning they have to walk home topless.

Point is its not just men that act this way, occupational hazard of people who are very drunk I guess.

Yeah lol, it's kinda funny.

I'm sure many of the girls here wouldn't be too pleased if they touched a guy's ass, and the guy turned round and punched them, as many have been suggested the girls do on here.
I say leave a dubbie in your pants for them to have a pinch at instead...:oops:
Reply 87
Original post by sarahthegemini
I was in NB's once and this sleazy guy grabbed me from behind and started touching my stomach and then moved his hand towards my crotch :O Needless to say, I made a quick escape!

cool story bro
Reply 88
Original post by steve.laing16

Warning - I'm going to generalise quite a bit in this post!

I suppose it's because (in general) women are more easily overpowered by men and so the groping is linked with a fear that it will go further. Women are far far far far more likely to get raped by a man than men are by women.

As a girl, if I'm walking alone at night (even at like 7pm) I constantly have to watch over my shoulder. I've had men follow me and grope me, and a big group of guys surround me and make vulgar gestures (although luckily they didn't touch me), for them it's just a laugh but it really is terrifying!

My friend was even groped and almost dragged down an alley by a druggie, in broad daylight! Obviously not all of these men were potential rapists and it's unlikely most of these incidents would have gone much further than a grope or whatever, but the fear is there and you know you're pretty much powerless to fight them off. It's more common than you might think.

Sorry i seem to have digressed. oh well. My point is, for women there's more fear attached to unwanted groping than men. men are unlikely to think they're going to be followed/raped when going home after being groped by a woman in a club than women are. I'm probably generalising and being sexist at the same time, so sorry about that.
Reply 89
This happened to me last night, my friends (male and female) went to the dancefloor while i went to the toilet, then went to find them and this guy proceeded to grope my arse really hard, I wasn't even in skimpy clothes (i wore jeans, boots and a vest top that isn't low cut - i'll take it i had a nice bum :P). I turned around, sure it was this one guy gave him a death stare n saw him joking and giggling with his mates (my friend said he did it to her and saw him do it to others too). Pissed me off a lot coz I'm in a relationship and my Bf wasnt there to have a go. I expect a bit of attention considering these guys are usually drunk idiots but to fully grab my arse n squeeze bloody hard and continue to do it to loads of girls is too far. Wish I'd said something to the bouncer now but was too busy trying to find my friends and shocked someone would actually do that lol
Reply 90
It's so gross when men think they can touch you.

When out clubbing, I, like majority of women have been groped, even by the bouncers. I've had a few blokes just randamly pick me up...I just ignore it to be honest and I'm not too fussed, even though it's wrong, I just accept it.

However, I was walking down my street in the day time once, and some guy just grabbed my bum, didn't say anything, just walked past without looking...That freaked me out.
Original post by lawology
Warning - I'm going to generalise quite a bit in this post!

I suppose it's because (in general) women are more easily overpowered by men and so the groping is linked with a fear that it will go further. Women are far far far far more likely to get raped by a man than men are by women.

As a girl, if I'm walking alone at night (even at like 7pm) I constantly have to watch over my shoulder. I've had men follow me and grope me, and a big group of guys surround me and make vulgar gestures (although luckily they didn't touch me), for them it's just a laugh but it really is terrifying!

My friend was even groped and almost dragged down an alley by a druggie, in broad daylight! Obviously not all of these men were potential rapists and it's unlikely most of these incidents would have gone much further than a grope or whatever, but the fear is there and you know you're pretty much powerless to fight them off. It's more common than you might think.

Sorry i seem to have digressed. oh well. My point is, for women there's more fear attached to unwanted groping than men. men are unlikely to think they're going to be followed/raped when going home after being groped by a woman in a club than women are. I'm probably generalising and being sexist at the same time, so sorry about that.

Slightly off topic, but so do guys (bolded part).
Reply 92
My jaw dropped when I read that!
Worst thing I've ever had is a guy pull me by the waist and tell me I had 'cracking boobs' haha.
Nobody gropes me in clubs :sigh:
I agree it can often be too much and definitely overstepping the line! I've never been 'hardcore groped' but I don't like it. And especially since being with my boyfriend, if I go out with the girls I HATE even the slightest thing like that from guys, I usually have a friend who can give them a bit of mouth and they bugger off!!

Tbh I think it's a given in clubs that stuff like that will happen, but yeah there is a line, and tbh I wish it wasn't quite like that because it puts you on edge when you're out with the girls. Difficult for anything to be done unless the girl asks them not too and/or reports it to the bouncers if needs be...I for once love dancing like that with my bf in a club, so wouldn't want it to be banned :wink:
Girls should be able to go out to clubs and not be groped by random creepy guys. Wearing a short/low cut dress isn't an invitation to be touched by strangers. Being drunk isn't an invitation to be touched by strangers.

Guys saying that girls grab their ass etc, it's a whole different ballpark. The girls who grab your ass couldn't physically overpower you and go further if they wanted to.

I understand most guys are harmless and they're just messing about but it's the ones that physically grab onto you that are scary.
That's really disturbing OP, I'm sorry that happened to you.
Once an older gentleman touched my bottom in public. He left it there for like 10 seconds and then moved along? It was so random.
Also, I was in church once, talking to some members, and this guy wanted to get past, but instead of saying excuse me or walking around (a very short distance) he comes up close behind me and grabs my waist, then moved me out of his way. I'm not sure if it was groping, but it was weird. I kept quiet though. Nobody thought it was weird?
Reply 97
This sort of thing makes me incredibly furious. What gives guys a right to grope a girl because of what she is wearing or if she's at a club? A short skirt isn't an invitation to sex.
Reply 98
Original post by Anonymous
Girls should be able to go out to clubs and not be groped by random creepy guys. Wearing a short/low cut dress isn't an invitation to be touched by strangers. Being drunk isn't an invitation to be touched by strangers.

Guys saying that girls grab their ass etc, it's a whole different ballpark. The girls who grab your ass couldn't physically overpower you and go further if they wanted to.

I understand most guys are harmless and they're just messing about but it's the ones that physically grab onto you that are scary.

Couldn't agree more.
It is pretty much sexual harassment & the being drunk excuse is usually poor one as the people are not really "that drunk". There really needs to be a strong deterrent to random groping, although it's not only women that are victims.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending