The Student Room Group

Can someone include the following in the apparatus/material section?

Can someone include the following in the apparatus/material section of a psychological experiment?

- Video camera used to monitor the participants
- Computer-controlled monitor that displays the experimental tasks

Thanks.
Yes
Reply 2
Original post by GodspeedGehenna
Yes

Thanks for your reply.

And, I think we can also use the following as an apparatus, right?

- Anagrams
- Arithmetic problems

In this case, what kind of description should go under each apparatus? For example, should we mention how it is classified and how it works? Should that come here?
Original post by SWEngineer
Thanks for your reply.

And, I think we can also use the following as an apparatus, right?

- Anagrams
- Arithmetic problems

In this case, what kind of description should go under each apparatus? For example, should we mention how it is classified and how it works? Should that come here?

If I understand you correctly, these are components used as stimuli in the experiment? If so, they should be mentioned in the materials section and included in their entire form in the appendix.
Reply 4
If I understand you correctly, these are components used as stimuli in the experiment? If so, they should be mentioned in the materials section and included in their entire form in the appendix.

Yes, used as a stimuli.

In this case, what kind of description should go under each one?
Original post by SWEngineer
Yes, used as a stimuli.

In this case, what kind of description should go under each one?

Just a brief description which would allow someone to recreate them as faithfully as possible. Or, cite where you got them from.

Eg, a set of 12 anagrams consisting of a mean x letters with a range of y were used. Solutions were achievable in a mean of x moves to form a noun. Anagrams were presented to participants in a lowercase, 12 pt times new roman font in black text on a white background (see appendix A).

That kind of jazz.
Reply 6
Just a brief description which would allow someone to recreate them as faithfully as possible. Or, cite where you got them from.

Eg, a set of 12 anagrams consisting of a mean x letters with a range of y were used. Solutions were achievable in a mean of x moves to form a noun. Anagrams were presented to participants in a lowercase, 12 pt times new roman font in black text on a white background (see appendix A).

That kind of jazz.

Got what you mean.

Thanks a lot.

Quick Reply

Latest