The Student Room Group

What type of guy does a girl prefer?

One with an established and VERY profitable career that allows him to travel, good personality but not amazingly looking and somewhat skinny.

OR

A guy who has absolutely no future (E.g Armed Forces, Tescos etc) but who is a total stud who works out all the time.

Assuming both have good personalities and the girl isn't just a money grabbing whoreface.

School and University times would tell me the second one.

Which would girls go for? Are they impressed by accomplishments (Masters, PhD) etc or just money and "lol hot bodz".

I know won't be the same for all.

Scroll to see replies

I don't think it's fair to say the 2nd guy would have no future tbh.
Reply 2
One that doesn't ask stupid questions on TSR.
Reply 3
If I like the guy, then I don't care about what he does or how much money he earns. It's all about compatibility at the end of the day.
Reply 4
I don't think you can really single it out with two options to be honest but I might as well answer... I'd probably go for the first. I think the idea of having no aim in life is quite daunting but at the same time I wouldn't want someone who was so uptight and didn't know how to relax a little.
Reply 5
Marry guy #1, cheat on him with guy #2.
Reply 6
Why does working in Tesco or the Armed forces mean you have no future?

tbh, the fact that the first guy sounds more intelligent than the second makes him the more attractive option to me. I wouldn't want to be with someone who cared about working out more than they cared about me. Plus, I like skinny guys :biggrin:
Reply 7
I fancy slim built men to be honest over your pumped up juicehead.

Vote 1
Pros of first:
Ambition
Good personality

Cons of first:
Skinny
Skinny

Pros of second:
Good personality
Attractive

Cons of second:
No ambition
Gymrat

I think I'll pass tbh.
Reply 9
Somebody who is happy in himself and what he does, confident and doesnt ask 'what do girls like so i can be like that'
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous
One with an established and VERY profitable career that allows him to travel, good personality but not amazingly looking and somewhat skinny.

OR

A guy who has absolutely no future (E.g Armed Forces, Tescos etc) but who is a total stud who works out all the time.

Assuming both have good personalities and the girl isn't just a money grabbing whoreface.

Which would girls go for? Are they impressed by accomplishments (Masters, PhD) etc or just money and "lol hot bodz".

Many girls will be attracted to Type A and many will be attracted to Type B. In both cases personality will be the winning factor. I supsect that in terms of initial attraction, the hot body will be a winner, simply because having a PhD isn't automatically interesting in itself - people can be incredibly smart and interesting to be around without high-level academic qualifications. And no matter how many qualifications you have, the fact that you dismiss retail workers and members of the Armed Forces as having no future suggests that you're not actually that smart at all. Being dismissive of others and having a head swollen with your own academic and financial success is an unattractive quality in anyone.
Reply 11
No future in the armed forces?

Some people really have no clue...
Reply 12
what about ...

C) a guy with no foreseeable future whose convinced he'll make it rich as a novelist or some other hair-brained scheme but who is ultimately lazy and neurotic but quite nice all the same?

Huh? You know you want it ladies! :tongue:
Reply 13

OR

First, I find sucess makes guys attractive, as does a small amount of power. :colone: Plus overtly muscular guys aren't that good-looking anyway.
Follow your heart,

Don't go into a relationship and then 3 months down the line thinking, what if i had gone with him.

I'd go for the first one :smile:

OR

I wouldn't like to be with someone who is constantly needing to move house/ take rip and be 'away on business'. So if the guy with the established career is never going to be at home then that would put me off. Same goes for the armed forces though tbh.
Reply 16
Depends on the type of Girl:
Slutty Girls like BIG muscular guys with more Brawn than brains, and the quiet intelligent types of lass like the Average, kind, funny, nice Guys who are caring and will NEVER cheat on them.... Why aint there any of those girls around, if there was I surely wouldn’t be single. :frown:
Original post by kayak dan
Depends on the type of Girl:
Slutty Girls like BIG muscular guys with more Brawn than brains, and the quiet intelligent types of lass like the Average, kind, funny, nice Guys who are caring and will NEVER cheat on them.... Why aint there any of those girls around, if there was I surely wouldn’t be single. :frown:

What about quiet, intelligent, slutty ones?
Original post by Betacra
No future in the armed forces?

Some people really have no clue...

depends really, it's a decent career(especially if you work your way up) IF you can keep your job, in the current climate it's hardly a safe bet. I mean we've just had hundreds of fighter pilots being told they've lost their jobs they've been training for so the training isn't being finished, some had been training for something like 3-5 years and were literally a couple of weeks from getting their wings...terrible thing to happen.
Reply 19
Original post by .Ali.
First, I find sucess makes guys attractive, as does a small amount of power. :colone: Plus overtly muscular guys aren't that good-looking anyway.

:colonhash:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending