The Student Room Group

What happens if uni changed decision

Lets say a uni rejects someone and later decides to give them an offer, would it change on track and you'd receive the usual track update email?
via ucas?
Original post by garlicbreadman
Lets say a uni rejects someone and later decides to give them an offer, would it change on track and you'd receive the usual track update email?

Yes it would. But its highly unlikely once the uni rejects you, they'll give you an offer
Original post by CookieGhoul
Yes it would. But its highly unlikely once the uni rejects you, they'll give you an offer

Thanks. I know its unlikely but hey u never know. I am not being naive just trying to stay hopeful. CBA explaining the situation, but u answered my Q so thanks!
bump.

can anyone back cookie up?
bump.

Unis can change their mind, but are unlikely to, and any change would show up on UCAS Track.
bump.

My friend got rejected a few weeks ago, and then a few days ago she got an email explaining that they would actually like to have her... so it does happen! After that I'm assuming it must've changed on track as well....
Original post by supernova92
My friend got rejected a few weeks ago, and then a few days ago she got an email explaining that they would actually like to have her... so it does happen! After that I'm assuming it must've changed on track as well....

Hmmm...thanks! I am just wondering if I should still continue checking track or if I will get a notification via email cos my thinking behind this is if they have already made a decision and they r just changing it, then i may not get an email but I guess a decision change does count as something changing :confused:
Reply 8
My friend got rejected by LSE when he applied last year in the December, then they changed their minds and he was offered a place in march.
Original post by natashapt
My friend got rejected by LSE when he applied last year in the December, then they changed their minds and he was offered a place in march.

thanks for this!! Glad to hear this.
Although I did apply for medicine which is sooooo competitive. Need to wait and see
thanks for this!! Glad to hear this.
Although I did apply for medicine which is sooooo competitive. Need to wait and see

He applied for economics there so equally as competitive :smile: Out of curiosity, why do you think the University may change its decision?
Original post by natashapt
He applied for economics there so equally as competitive :smile: Out of curiosity, why do you think the University may change its decision?

Basically my headmaster has written to the unis. I know many many will say no point, but nothing 2 lose. CBA explaining it all. kinda complicated
Reply 12
Basically my headmaster has written to the unis. I know many many will say no point, but nothing 2 lose. CBA explaining it all. kinda complicated
They can change a decision, and this would generate a 'your Track has updated' email when it gets through to UCAS. But it is unlikely, though not impossible.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending