The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by lauramunday
The rooms and kitchens i saw at tannery were huge and over summer they are putting double beds in all the rooms so they have to be big enough for that. I <3 tannery, and the surrounding area is so studenty! most accomodations in close proximity. xxxx

double beds? How far is it from uni? I'm too easily persuaded :frown:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by dmz

Of course double beds would persuade you :wink:
Original post by dmz

Its about a 15/20 minute walk and a 10 minute walk to town :smile:
well the woman on the open day said so and on the web it says "4ft double beds in every room" sounds good to me. I'm just worried as to why people dont want to go, there seems to be some hidden bad side?
Reply 783
Original post by Nicknak256

I don't intend on spending many nights alone :wink:
Its about a 15/20 minute walk and a 10 minute walk to town :smile:
well the woman on the open day said so and on the web it says "4ft double beds in every room" sounds good to me. I'm just worried as to why people dont want to go, there seems to be some hidden bad side?

it's the social aspect I'm worried about
Original post by dmz
I don't intend on spending many nights alone :wink:

it's the social aspect I'm worried about

Why what has been said about the social side? It is in such a studenty area and it'll probably depend on who you are put with anyway
Reply 785
Why what has been said about the social side? It is in such a studenty area and it'll probably depend on who you are put with anyway

what do you mean student area. How new is it? Newer than JB? Big bed, close to uni and town seems to be the most practical thing for me BUT I'm on a course filled with guys can't have an accommodation with lack of girls/good social spirit. Then again i don't want a 24/7 party
If anyone needs any advice on Devonshire, let me know as I'm currently living here and I could probably help out from a student perspective :smile:
Original post by dmz
what do you mean student area. How new is it? Newer than JB? Big bed, close to uni and town seems to be the most practical thing for me BUT I'm on a course filled with guys can't have an accommodation with lack of girls/good social spirit. Then again i don't want a 24/7 party

Well its surrounded by halls so full of students and a really good student bar. its older than JB but looks more modern as it has had a huge refurb. Well it is supposed to have a decent amount of nurses so lots of ladies?
Original post by umbrellahead
If anyone needs any advice on Devonshire, let me know as I'm currently living here and I could probably help out from a student perspective :smile:

are you enjoying it? what are the best/worst bits about it?
Is it full of stuck up people that arent allowed to have parties? THANKS :smile:
Reply 789
Well its surrounded by halls so full of students and a really good student bar. its older than JB but looks more modern as it has had a huge refurb. Well it is supposed to have a decent amount of nurses so lots of ladies?

seems popular with dentists too. Student bar? Like how close? Wish i went earlier on Saturday now

refurbished means it'll look new inside right? Any details on what scale it's being refurbished. What are buses like from there to uni? Think I'm changing my mind for the 4th time. How many to a kitchen? Ratio of undergrad : post grad?
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by dmz
seems popular with dentists too. Student bar? Like how close? Wish i went earlier on Saturday now

Like over the road, called unit one, always packed full of students, really modern and nice, it has that advantage over JB cause closest one to that is Hyde Park. I only know so much because my boyfriend lived over the road from tannery last year and now lives down the road from JB, both great student locations
Reply 791
Like over the road, called unit one, always packed full of students, really modern and nice, it has that advantage over JB cause closest one to that is Hyde Park. I only know so much because my boyfriend lived over the road from tannery last year and now lives down the road from JB, both great student locations
sorry I've added a few more questions :tongue:
Original post by dmz

refurbished means it'll look new inside right? Any details on what scale it's being refurbished. What are buses like from there to uni? Think I'm changing my mind for the 4th time. How many to a kitchen? Ratio of undergrad : post grad?

usually 6, no idea about ratio tbh. yeah it looks so nice and modern, its not having a huge refurb just double beds and kitchens etc having new cupboards but they are beaut now so im pleased. busses arent great i dont think, i think you have pretty much got to walk but it isnt far so i wont mind
Reply 793
usually 6, no idea about ratio tbh. yeah it looks so nice and modern, its not having a huge refurb just double beds and kitchens etc having new cupboards but they are beaut now so im pleased. busses arent great i dont think, i think you have pretty much got to walk but it isnt far so i wont mind

so the rooms won't look new then? You almost had me :tongue:. I guess the bus doesn't matter much but if i was running late. Jbp is good for buses. Hmmm. I'd be happy with tannery as a back up
the rooms look newer than JBP it is exactly the same as JBP but more modern.
Reply 795
the rooms look newer than JBP it is exactly the same as JBP but more modern.

okay I'm going for tannery
Original post by RJW193
yeh i know i think the lack of en suite is what's putting me off it, that and there being hardly anybody living there

Lack of anybody living there - more room to party and invite people over. However, it also means easier to keep an eye on you. Goddamnit. :colonhash:
Original post by dmz
okay I'm going for tannery

You're so confused. :rofl:

Ask Isometrix possibly? He gives great advice - being a current student helps. :yep:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/member.php?u=115206
Original post by Nicknak256

I find single beds give one more of an incentive. Or excuse. :wink:
Reply 799
Original post by Mask Of Sanity
I find single beds give one more of an incentive. Or excuse. :wink:

My thoughts exactly. :biggrin:

Latest