The Student Room Group

Muslim friend won't talk to me anymore because I have sex

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Can't believe so many people are feeding this troll. When are these excursions from under the bridge going to stop???
Original post by anonymous
i have/had a friend who was very religious, as in he believed you would be punished after death if you had sex before marriage. I think he thought that i thought the same as him (i am not muslim btw). I got a boyfriend, and i stay over his house, and from that he's kind of guessed that i have sex. He told me it was wrong and hasn't spoken to me since because of it. I have emailed him to ask how he is, but i never get a reply.

Ugh what do i do? Shall i just forget it and move on?

well done, you have just learned your mistake of making friends with a strict muslim.

The fact that you are still emailing him after he has criticised your dignitiy and what you do in bed, just goes to show how spineless you are.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Riddle Me This
well done, you have just learned your mistake of making friends with a muslim.

The fact that you are still emailing him after he has criticised your dignitiy and what you do in bed, just goes to show how spineless you are.

Firstly, **** OFF

Secondly, it's pretty obvious the poster is a troll. See above.
But mainly, **** OFF

:smile:
Reply 63
Original post by Anonymous
I have/had a friend who was very religious, as in he believed you would be punished after death if you had sex before marriage. I think he thought that I thought the same as him (I am not muslim btw). I got a boyfriend, and I stay over his house, and from that he's kind of guessed that I have sex. He told me it was wrong and hasn't spoken to me since because of it. I have emailed him to ask how he is, but I never get a reply.

Ugh what do I do? Shall I just forget it and move on?

What a retard that person would be to be honest. I mean, I'm a muslim, but I would never in my life base my friendship on beliefs on the other person unless they are offensive to me or anything.

Anyway, there's not much you can do about it. If you really want him back as a friend, ask him whether he would base the friendship on just me having sex with someone who isn't your gf, wife, or sister ? Otherwise this person isn't going to change his mind and won't forgive you ever. Maybe ask him again after a while. He might be a bit cooled down by then...
Reply 64
I am not a troll, I swear. How we became friends is very complex. We met on twitter, and began talking because we were both going through heartbreak. We talked about a lot of things, and he seemed like a nice person. But when it came to religion he was quite extreme but we didn't really talk about that too much. He had family that lived here so he came here for a few months and then took a course here. He wanted to meet, so I met him and his siblings and mum with my sister. He is very well traveled and has friends all over the world, including a lot of British teenagers. I don't drink or anything, and he always told me that I was different to other British girls and that I was like a sister to him. I think he thought that I had the same values as him. When he went home we stayed in touch, and he was always someone that would help me and give advice. It's just since he found out I stay at a guys house he thinks different of me, I guess maybe he thought I was like him?
Reply 65
I have/had a friend who was very religious, as in he believed you would be punished after death if you had sex before marriage. I think he thought that I thought the same as him (I am not muslim btw). I got a boyfriend, and I stay over his house, and from that he's kind of guessed that I have sex. He told me it was wrong and hasn't spoken to me since because of it. I have emailed him to ask how he is, but I never get a reply.

Ugh what do I do? Shall I just forget it and move on?

Hes probably pissed because he likes you :wink:
I am not a troll, I swear. How we became friends is very complex. We met on twitter, and began talking because we were both going through heartbreak. We talked about a lot of things, and he seemed like a nice person. But when it came to religion he was quite extreme but we didn't really talk about that too much. He had family that lived here so he came here for a few months and then took a course here. He wanted to meet, so I met him and his siblings and mum with my sister. He is very well traveled and has friends all over the world, including a lot of British teenagers. I don't drink or anything, and he always told me that I was different to other British girls and that I was like a sister to him. I think he thought that I had the same values as him. When he went home we stayed in touch, and he was always someone that would help me and give advice. It's just since he found out I stay at a guys house he thinks different of me, I guess maybe he thought I was like him?

You an idiot for even considering being friends with him. What do you expect when you befriend a third world Muslim. And the fact that you are here asking for advice on how to salvage your relationship, after he has the audacity to criticise your sex life just goes to show how weak in character you are.

Your pathetic
Reply 67
Original post by Alpharius
What a ****er.

Anywho, to the OP, ignore the ignorant prick. I bet he's just jelouse :wink:

More seriously, it always upsets me when I hear about religion breaking up once great friends. I've had similar problems with former catholic friends of mine, and thats only due to my (lack of) belief.

Best thing you can do is forget about him. If he wants to get worked up about your sex life, screw him. It's your life.

I think he'd be offended by that in more ways than one.
Reply 68
So what...he has a different moral compass. He considers sex before marriage immoral, therefore I think he is justified in his act of rejection. Why should people put up with stuff that offends them?

I think he has every right not to want to cause conflict between his personal life and his religious beliefs.
Original post by Pukhtun
I think he'd be offended by that in more ways than one.

By golly!

Your right!

Original post by Riddle Me This
You an idiot for even considering being friends with him. What do you expect when you befriend a third world Muslim. And the fact that you are here asking for advice on how to salvage your relationship, after he has the audacity to criticise your sex life just goes to show how weak in character you are.

Your pathetic

You are equally pathetic. You want to ram your 'way of life' down everybody else's throat. Guess what, there is a variety of cultures out there. He has every right not to talk to her. It's not like he caught up with her and smashed her face in. You can choose to be friends or not be friends with anyone you like. I would expect if someone had a moral/personal objection, that is an even greater reason not to be friends.

Original post by sherlllll
So what...he has a different moral compass. He considers sex before marriage immoral, therefore I think he is justified in his act of rejection. Why should people put up with stuff that offends them?

I think he has every right not to want to cause conflict between his personal life and his religious beliefs.

Agree.

If an animal rights protestor was your good friend then found out you ate meat, despite all the stuff they'd be telling you, they'd be offended and would probably give you the cold shoulder. What's wrong with that? You're different and it conflicts with their personaly values... so you're not compatible. Move on.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 71
well all he is doing is trying to get u on the right path by what he thinks is the right way and is trying to be a good friend so ill be good if u explained him things out and tell him that u appreciate what he told u but it doesnt go that way in your community :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending