The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Anyone seen The Lincoln Lawyer yet? Have a feeling I may have missed discussion on this, but yeah, worth a watch? :holmes:
Original post by TheLouisVuittonDon
Source Code looks very good, i'm hearing great things about it too.

Could anyone recommend me a film.. maybe a comedy that I could watch before I sleep? Nothing too heavy..

May I recommend a Pegg/Frost movie?
I feel like this has some relation to films...

Click me! I have some relation to films.

:p:
Reply 383
Watch Dekalog, now:

edit: Kubrick - he said it was the only masterpiece he could name in his lifetime...does he not watch his own films?
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by sheep_go_baa
Anyone else looking forward to Source Code?

Yeah, the premise is cool but I found out that Jakes' character is sent back just 8 minutes in time to stop the disaster that happens and save the day... just 8 minutes, yeah still bit of a task

I ended up just watching Burn after Reading, found it actually quite funny, Brad Pitt and george clooney are hilarious in it
Original post by TheLouisVuittonDon
Source Code looks very good, i'm hearing great things about it too.

I'm not sure what to think until I see it tbh... I loved Moon and i think the cast looks VERY good and obviously I've heard really good reviews but ... I think the premise reminds me a bit too much of Twelve Monkeys and Assassin's Creed lol. But yeah it should be good I hope!

:rofl:
Original post by Christien

Paul W.S. Anderson adapting Dumas. Brilliant. Can't wait for McG's Don Quixote. Joel Schumacher's Moby-Dick. Baz Luhrman's Great Gatsby. :facepalm2:

How about Emmerich on Shakespeare? :teehee:
Reply 388

:rofl2: Jesus christ. Can't wait to see how he works his trademark cataclysm into this one.

:rofl2: Jesus christ. Can't wait to see how he works his trademark cataclysm into this one.

I found out about in this month's Empire. You could almost read the laughter with phrases like "Emmerich prepares to do to Shakespeare what he's already done to The White House, Paris and New York...".
Original post by Phalanges

:rofl:

Lol I'd like to see John Malkovich in that film, can just imagine him in it...
Original post by lukejoshjedi
Lol I'd like to see John Malkovich in that film, can just imagine him in it...

Him as his character in Burn After Reading...

Or RED
Original post by cambo211
How the hell do you have 8 gems? :tongue:

Posting? :tongue: Got a lot of neg for a controversial post too. :ninja:

Waiting for io9. I like polls. :moon:

Original post by riotgrrl
Yes! So good. I need more cheesy swashbuckling action films in my life. Swords > guns every time.

You mean like the upcoming Pirates of the Caribbean film? :colone:

Then came along Legend of Zorro... What did you think of that? Catherine-Zeta Jones is extremely attractive in the Zorro films. I've ... observed.

Original post by spacepirate-James
I feel like this has some relation to films...

It's how films began? :holmes:

Voted when it went up. Think I'll wait 'till poems crop up as the type. Have you entered?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 393
:wavey:

About time I watched a film.
(edited 13 years ago)
Amy Adams as Lois Lane. Who would be the most suited villain for Snyder's Superman reboot? Zod? Lex? Whats-his-face-evil-counter-part-of-Superman-slash-Clark?

Original post by S-man10

Hello stranger. About time. :colonhash:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by cadaeibfeceh
Him as his character in Burn After Reading...

Or RED

xD yeah exactly, he's hilarious as an angry man character, him and Tom Cruise

and Ape :eek: you may be the first Tsr user since the legendary Profresh to get the legendary blue gems, then the flashing multi-coloured gems

no one believes you can get them, cos no one's seen them in 4 years :cool:
Original post by S-man10

watch 'Push' if you're a fan of sci-fi action movies and cool effects... it's gotten fairly bad reviews from some critics but who cares, I think it's great :biggrin: also, Chris Evans is in it. He's great in action roles
Original post by rofflewaffle
Anyone seen The Lincoln Lawyer yet? Have a feeling I may have missed discussion on this, but yeah, worth a watch? :holmes:

I saw it. I enjoyed watching it, it's certainly suspenseful which is the point, but it's nothing overly special. It's like the majority of crime stuff, once you've seen it you won't watch it again because you know "whodunnit" and how it ends.

Original post by Ape Gone Insane
You mean like the upcoming Pirates of the Caribbean film? :colone:

Then came along Legend of Zorro... What did you think of that? Catherine-Zeta Jones is extremely attractive in the Zorro films. I've ... observed.

Yeah, I'm not holding out much hope for next Pirates, not after the utter brain boggle that was the third film. Legend of Zorro wasn't anywhere near as good as the first one, but I guess sequels rarely are. It also annoys me that the kid is incapable of recognising his own FATHER with a little black mask on. Fair enough, the films were never made to be realistic but that's a stretch too far.
Original post by riotgrrl

It also annoys me that the kid is incapable of recognising his own FATHER with a little black mask on. Fair enough, the films were never made to be realistic but that's a stretch too far.

One word: Superman.

Oh look, a building is crumbling I'm just going to randomly nip into a grocery to pick up some food I conveniently forgot to buy. Superman suddenly appears and bears a striking resemblance to Kent except no glasses. Therefore it can't be Kent.

That'd be a good Specsavers advert.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
One word: Superman.

Oh look, a building is crumbling I'm just going to randomly nip into a grocery to pick up some food I conveniently forgot to buy. Superman suddenly appears and bears a striking resemblance to Kent except no glasses. Therefore it can't be Kent.

That'd be a good Specsavers advert.

What makes it all worse is that Lois is supposed to be a journalist, for crying out loud. Being observative is her job.

Anyways, I discovered the Bechdel test the other day and since then I've been applying it to loads of different films- it's actually shocking how many don't pass!

Quick Reply

Latest