The Student Room Group

Here ya go H&R Forum Posters, this is just for you!!

Right TSR,

I am fed up. I have been trying to make threads aimed at helping ppl who perhaps may need advice - but, for some bizarre reason, they have crashed and burned :rolleyes:
I did post this previously whilst in a terrible mood, and I posted it as Anon just to irritate ppl - To be honest, I don't care if ppl dont like my attempt to help others, it's only an internet forum after all!! :tongue:

Therefore, I am making a thread aimed at tackling issues, as opposed to avoiding them.
Let's hope my straight-talking, to-the-point style of writing will be more popular than my cheery, up-beat style of writing.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED: I use a lot of smilies. I write a lot. I do not stand for disrespect. I will argue my point
DO NOT respond to this thread if you deem it unhelpful - you ARE NOT obliged to read this thread, therefore you ARE NOT obliged to reply to it. :smile:

Now that we're clear, let's begin, shall we :cool:

"I am single, lonely and fed up of not having a partner"

* If this is you, get over yourself. Life does not hinge upon whether you are attached or not. Get a hobby and live your life - likelihood is, the right person will come along when you least expect them to :wink:
* Of course, you're lonely, so sort it out. There's no use complaining, claiming Life isn't fair blah blah blah. If you are in desperate need of a partner, either get out there and meet ppl (which is the best way to do so) or, put your typing skills to good use and join some sort of 'dating website' (if you are over 18).
* Hint: ensure you maintain good personal hygiene, always use good manners and dress smartly - even those deemed as 'ugly' can be attractive to someone should they maintain such attributes :smile:

"I'm X years old and am still a virgin, what should I do??"

* You do not want to start being promiscuous. It generates STIs and unplanned pregnancies - even the most cautious of couples can fall short - beware.
* Having morals is also exceedingly attractive, especially when you reach maturity :wink:

"I am so depressed, I don't know what to do!!"

* Get a hobby. Make some friends. Make something of yourself.
* Do Charity work, give yourself self-worth, work hard to achieve your goals. :smile:
* If Life hands you lemons, demand tequila and salt - make the most of the good times and relish them throughout the bad. Keep in mind good times to come and think positively :smile:
* If nothing helps you get out of a cycle of depression, see your GP or a Counsellor - there's no need for depression when there's so many good things to enjoy in Life!!
* DO NOT result to drinking, self-harming or drugs - they will only make the cycle worse and lead to further depression, exercise will power!!

"I think X likes me, and I do like X, I don't know whether or not to ask them out"

* If they're not seeing someone, and they are compatible to you, don't waste time, ask them out. Likelihood is, they'll be flattered you asked!!
* A simple, 'I'm going to the Cinema this weekend, but I don't know what to see, have you any ideas??' - then say 'Oh yeah, that's a great idea, why don't you join me??' or something along those lines. :tongue:
* Failing that, if you don't know them well, facebook them!! Who cares if they think you're odd or whatever (though likelihood is they wont), Life is too short to hang around for ppl.
* DO NOT get emotionally involved with game players. The minute someone seems to be messing you about, no matter how hard you think it may be, run as far as you can - don't look back. I've learnt this from bitter experience :s-smilie:

"I have X health issue, what to do??"

* See a GP!! Nobody on TSR will even know you, therefore, if in doubt, call the Doctor out!!

"How do I get over someone I loved so much??"

* I'm not gonna lie to you, it hurts.
* However, it's part of life.
* The best way to get over someone is to not talk to them so often, not at all if possible, and to focus your attention and energy on something/someone else. Throw yourself into Uni/College Work or get really into a hobby you enjoy - do not let someone who treated you badly make you feel badly about yourself, you don't deserve that!! :smile:

"I hate myself."

* Have a bath, change your style and get on with life.
* You ARE NOT the only person on the planet - deal.with.it.
* If you hate yourself, go do volunteer work and help others, that's guaranteed to help someone else and gain you self-worth @ the same time
* Throw yourself into a hobby/interest, or find a new one - don't waste time, life is too short :smile:

Well, hope that's covered the majority of issues that crop up on TSR H&R Forum, All the Best - Remember, Life is for Living :wink:
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
"I have a compulsive need to help others over an internet forum"

*Give up and do something better with your life.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by xarcul
Let's have a sweepstake on how long it took to write that post!

2 mins, seeing as I copied and pasted it from a previous post :wink: :tongue: haha
Reply 3
Original post by ~*Horse_Mad*~
2 mins, seeing as I copied and pasted it from a previous post :wink: :tongue: haha

I think I have a more appropriate response now. :smile:
Reply 4
But how do I deal with things that are too long for me to bother reading? :frown:
Reply 5
Finally. Lets hope people will actually read this thread, take the advice and stop making pointless, annoying, threads in H&R. Not saying they all are, just some.
Reply 6
It's not only been done before, its been done before far, far better.
Original post by py0alb
It's not only been done before, its been done before far, far better.

Do you think I give a sh... toss :wink:
I am making an effort- which is more than can be said for most TSRers :smile:
Original post by Yawn11
But how do I deal with things that are too long for me to bother reading? :frown:

Just don't read them. Simples :wink:
Original post by Oranges
Finally. Lets hope people will actually read this thread, take the advice and stop making pointless, annoying, threads in H&R. Not saying they all are, just some.

It's just getting irritating reading more of the same over and over and over again - these ppl need help, so I'm trying to help them :tongue:
(edited 13 years ago)
To be fair to you, it's pretty much what I say to the issues you brought up.

Admittedly, I like being a bit more brutal, but I know it hits home alot harder than being nice.
How about sticky-ing this ?
Reply 12
On the whole decent points made...

oh wait.

* Saving yourself for Marriage is the best way to go.

What century where you born in?
Grow the **** up man.

Sex happens. Most often (gasp of virginal jesus-loving horror) BEFORE MARRIAGE.

And guess what, it's FINE (fan-****ing-tastic actually).
I appreciate what you are trying to do, but the point of H&R is that people can ask for advice about their specific problem. If they wanted general, impersonal and non-specific advice then there's much better and more reliable places to get it (e.g. the Wiki, other websites...).
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 14
Do you think I give a sh... toss :wink:
I am making an effort- which is more than can be said for most TSRers :smile:

It's a shame your advice is so ****ing **** then.
Original post by CookieGhoul
How about sticky-ing this ?

No point. We've had threads exactly like this before, with everyone in it agreeing and saying that it should be stickied; yet people still create threads. People will always want their own thread rather than just look at someone else's, so it's more personal to their particular situation. I can guarantee that people will still make the same threads that we're complaining about here, whether or not this thread exists or is stickied.
Original post by FormerlyHistoryStudent
No point. We've had threads exactly like this before, with everyone in it agreeing and saying that it should be stickied; yet people still create threads. People will always want their own thread rather than just look at someone else's, so it's more personal to their particular situation. I can guarantee that people will still make the same threads that we're complaining about here, whether or not this thread exists or is stickied.

Well said.
Original post by xarcul
"I have a compulsive need to help others over an internet forum"

*Give up and do something better with your life.

How about you stop trying to belittle others and do something better with your life, hmmm??
I already do better with my Life FYI - in fact, I probably already contribute more to this World than you obviously do. Beat that :wink:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Alpharius
To be fair to you, it's pretty much what I say to the issues you brought up.

Admittedly, I like being a bit more brutal, but I know it hits home alot harder than being nice.

It definitely does - Thanks :biggrin:
Original post by No655321
On the whole decent points made...

oh wait.

What century where you born in?
Grow the **** up man.

Sex happens. Most often (gasp of virginal jesus-loving horror) BEFORE MARRIAGE.

And guess what, it's FINE (fan-****ing-tastic actually).

As far as sex is concerned, suit yourself mate. Doesn't make having sex out of marriage any more or less popular whatever either of us say. Just please don't go complaining when you end up having to reap what you sow though :tongue: lol.

Latest

Trending

Trending