The Student Room Group

Boys do you treat pretty girls better in everyday life?

Scroll to see replies

I like to think I treat people fairly, but the ones I find attractive definitely get more of my attention. Wouldn't exactly slam a door in a girls face for being ugly...
since i met my boyfriend at work about 6 months ago (only started talking properly to one another 2 months ago, and have dated for nearly a month) i have noticed he is LESS responsive to typically 'pretty' or 'beautiful' girls that approach him (both other work colleagues as well as not).

he's prettyy quiet, but he is very goodlooking (despite him no taking time on grooming at all - i have to tell him to shave, and he never brushes his hair,etc). women approach him ALL THE TIME! :| when walking on the street or standing on the train stations - they even do this when i am next to him. roarrrr, b*tchesssss ¬.¬ *shakes fist*

i think this stance might be to do with him thinking that such girls would expect to be treated better or want more from him as a result of them being blessed with these looks.........however,he's a very laidback + fair person who doesnt care much for appearance of others. :] which is lucky for me........i do not offer looks in the relationship, but i do offer the height :'D
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I treat the ones wearing fewer make-up and more natural look with a smile, whereas those with lots of make-up I give a puzzling look.
Whether one is ugly or not, male or female, I hold the door open to anyone, I don't expect anything in return, just the satisfaction of knowing that I was compassionate and don't stoop to a lower level by being rude.
Original post by NOBODY MOVE!

Original post by NOBODY MOVE!
since i met my boyfriend at work about 6 months ago (only started talking properly to one another 2 months ago, and have dated for nearly a month) i have noticed he is LESS responsive to typically 'pretty' or 'beautiful' girls that approach him (both other work colleagues as well as not).

he's prettyy quiet, but he is very goodlooking (despite him no taking time on grooming at all - i have to tell him to shave, and he never brushes his hair,etc). women approach him ALL THE TIME! :| when walking on the street or standing on the train stations - they even do this when i am next to him. roarrrr, b*tchesssss ¬.¬ *shakes fist*

i think this stance might be to do with him thinking that such girls would expect to be treated better or want more from him as a result of them being blessed with these looks.........however,he's a very laidback + fair person who doesnt care much for appearance of others. :] which is lucky for me........i do not offer looks in the relationship, but i do offer the height :'D

God the girls near you sound like slu*s :gah:
Reply 24
I don't really care what you look like so long as you don't give off some nasty vibe or appear to be like a stalker.
So the way I treat you doesn't depend on how you look..pretty much at least.
But the way I act will definitely be different if I see a hot girl.
Original post by blueray

=D they seriously have no shame, but they do have bravery!

.......they will also start to receive beatings from yours truly if it persists - i do not like to share my precious ;D
Original post by blueray

ps: nice infernape avatar.

mmmmmmm.
I always got treated nicely by guys in school - I used to have doors opened for me, offers from guys to hold my umberella/folders etc, walked partway Home which was lovely :biggrin: Though I was never asked out outright by them, so I'm not sure whether it had anything to do with them finding me attractive or not :redface:
You can't help it to an extent. If a girl is attractive then you're more likely to try and strike up a conversation with her, just have some form of 'interaction' with her even if its only in a brief encounter. So boys are friendlier to attractive girls.

The downside which probably gets on attractive girls nerves is, everybody has days when they have something else on their mind and they don't want to be bothered. But for an attractive girl she is always kind of 'public property', if she sits down in a lecture on her own, some guy will come and sit next to her and start a bit of chat. If she's out at a bar with her friends, guys will come over trying to chat her up.

In my social group of friends there's a really attractive girl (modelesque) and although she's very down to earth as a person you do notice how she gets treated differently by people. If we're walking through town guys shout stuff at her out of cars, if we go into a bar she gets treated like a celebrity, guys are always coming up to her trying it on and if she wants a quiet night she just has to politely get rid of them one after another. When I get invited to house parties by male mates, they are always badgering me to get this girl to come along because they've seen her on my facebook and they reckon 'with a few drinks down her anything could happen'.

So it obviously has its inconviences. But those are outweighed by the fact that when she does see a guy who she's attracted to and wants to talk to him, she can approach with confidence knowing that she won't get rejected.
I do find myself treating pretty girls better than average and/or ugly girls just cos I find the majority of them more easy to talk to but thats not to say I don't speak to ugly girls I just don't smile as much:dontknow:
Both genders probably do this subconsciously.

In fact, I'd extend it to "people treat good looking people better".
Reply 31
I treat most of the good looking boys curtly and closer to crap than everyone else.
My way of taming their jerk-off attitude.

(in disagreement with the aforementioned statement).
(edited 13 years ago)
Of course this happens because men want to get in the pants of good looking girls and subconsciously believe the way to do that is through good deeds.
Reply 33
I tend to be equally nice and well mannered towards almost all girls, and don't take into account their appearance. However I have to say in a conversation I'm always going to pay more attention to the fit ones, it just kind of happens whether you like it or not.
I'm gonna stick up for the lads here, come on girls, we do it too. If I see an attractive guy, I'll grab the door or whatever, I see it all the time at college, girls offering to help tutor the hot guy but leaving the not so good looking bloke to do it himself, it's human nature I guess. Nobody is perfect.
Original post by Steevee
Because you don't get the same the other way round aswell :rolleyes:

But meh, I'm not going to apologise for it. I'll hold a dorr for anyone, but when it comes to hanging around with girls and stuff, they have to have a good quality or two. Shock horror, looking good is a point in their favour. But personality has equal weight.

:facepalm2:
I actually do the opposite.

I don't tend to be polite to the pretty girls because they act like it's their right. I used to hold open doors, etc, for them (like I would for anyone), but they never said thank you, in fact they just walked past me like I don't even exist.

Guys and normal/average looking girls tend to be more polite and at least smile or say thanks.

In the end, I just got tired of being courteous to those types of girls that have no manners and therefore don't deserve to be treated with respect.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 37
Treat average-ugly girls better. Pretty ones are just c0ck teasers.
Reply 38
Original post by rugbyladosc
:facepalm2:

Thanks for the intelligent and coaegent response. Climbing to the heights of intellect you are...
Original post by Make it so.
I actually do the opposite.

I don't tend to be polite to the pretty girls because they act like it's their right. I used to hold open doors, etc, for them (like I would for anyone), but they never said thank you, in fact they just walked past me like I don't even exist.

Guys and normal/average girls tend to be more polite and at least smile or say thanks.

In the end, I just got tired of being courteous to those types of girls that have no manners and therefore don't deserve to be treated with respect.

This.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending