The Student Room Group

Parent supporting application online - separately

Hi all,

I'm really sorry if this has been asked but I haven't found anything through search!

My mum will be supporting my application online - but separate to my account as she wants the information kept private to me. She has her account details - customer number etc and she can log in. Throughout my application, it does say, 'you HAVE chosen to include your household income'.

When she logs in and clicks on 'support application for 2011/2012' the next page says that she is not linked to any students...

This is of course incorrect as all of the details for her and myself have been input correctly. However, I am wondering whether I have to complete my application IN FULL first? I daren't click submit in case I mess it all up and it can't be rectified.

Any help would be fabulous :-)
I am in EXACTLY the same position now...I'm ready to press submit because, really, there is nothing else I can think of that will allow me to add a parent. It's driving me crazy :angry:
Reply 2
have you already added your parents information? I have done that, they just can't input their financial stuff separately!
No, I've basically made my application and I'm just waiting to press 'submit'.

Then, I didn't know how to add parent's info...went back to the student finance homepage and made an account for my Dad under the 'parents and partners support an application'

Now I'm stuck as what to do...how do I link the accounts together? Whenever I try to click "support a students application" it says that no student has asked for him for support...how do I go about doing that? :confused:
Reply 4
So you have put at least some of their details on the form under the 'your family' section, and marked that you want your household income to be taken into account?

I have just called student finance, and they have told me I need to submit MY part of the application, before my mum will be able to complete her part online.

Hope this helps, fingers crossed, I'm just about to submit my application and hopefully mother can do hers !! :-s
Original post by tillytali
So you have put at least some of their details on the form under the 'your family' section, and marked that you want your household income to be taken into account?

I have just called student finance, and they have told me I need to submit MY part of the application, before my mum will be able to complete her part online.

Hope this helps, fingers crossed, I'm just about to submit my application and hopefully mother can do hers !! :-s

Ahhhh thank you, I have had the same problem the last week and it has been so frustrating! I was ready to just order the paper versions and do it the snail's way!!
Original post by tillytali

Did it work for you? I called them and they went online and checked my account...she wasn't too helpful to be perfectly honest and just told me to do the paper version. So, I printed it all off today and started filling it in (SO MUCH EASIER BTW) but did submitting your application work? In order for you to add your parent I mean :smile:
Reply 7
Hi,

Yes it did ! When I called originally they said to do the paper version as it was a system probelm, but we found that more difficult so I called someone else haha !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending