The Student Room Group

Have you ever noticed that girls listen to music from "hot" artists while guys don't?

for example, girls would listen to bands because they think that the band is hot. that's the first thing they would say about the band, like "they're soooo good looking" while guys just listen to music for the music :s-smilie:

the only time that I might have broken this was Selena Gomez but I only listened to a couple of her songs then went back to just watching her shows >.>

silly girls!

Scroll to see replies

And?
Nop, im too busy staring at their breasts.
Reply 3
Original post by TheBlackMonster
for example, girls would listen to bands because they think that the band is hot. that's the first thing they would say about the band, like "they're soooo good looking" while guys just listen to music for the music :s-smilie:

the only time that I might have broken this was Selena Gomez but I only listened to a couple of her songs then went back to just watching her shows >.>

silly girls!

what a silly generalisation. the bands I like can hardly be branded as attractive. unless mutha'fudging massive beards do it for ya :coma:
Original post by Mally-xo
what a silly generalisation. the bands I like can hardly be branded as attractive. unless mutha'fudging massive beards do it for ya :coma:

maybe I just know weird girls

weeeeeird girls :sexface:
Reply 5
A certain type of girl yes.

All I hear from a few of the girls I know is how hot whatshisname from McFly or All Time Low is. And so on, from all these bands that sound the same. But meh, I only take notice from the one girl that just goes on and on about it. And then I tell her I just don't care what new tattoo Donald McBoringface has on his arm and what it means. I think for a lot of girls of a certain type, they have to buy into the people and the band as a whole, rather than just the music. But meh, that's a lot of teen girls for you. Just look at the hysterical affect Twilight has on some of them. A lot of them aren't rational animals...

:fyi: Neither are a lot of teen guys. But we're motivated by something a little different.... :redface:
Reply 6
I listen to Bruno Mars- i don't find him attractive, but his music is fantastic

I listen to JLS not because they are attractive but i like their music- them being extremely attractive is a bonus :P (JLS haters can F off)

so no. you cannot generalise for the whole population of girls

neg rep? must have been a JLS hater..
(edited 13 years ago)
what a lie! you sexist sp@asticated mong!
Oh, do **** off
Reply 9
This definitely doesn't apply to me.
Not me :smile:
Umm, can't say I've ever listened to an artist or band because I thought they were good looking.
Reply 13
well that's bull****, the majority of the time i browse on spotify and find bands I like, I don't even know what they look like :smile:
The bands/ artists I listen to become attractive because I like their music. Not vice versa. I think Sam Beam is beautiful, but I would t have said that before listening to him.
Not always a general rule, I like the saturdays. Their music not so much

and I'm a big Warpaint fan, looove their music but not too fond of the actual girls that much

Depends on the person, girl or guy - I almost never like an artist just cos they're hot, otherwise I wouldn't listen to their music if I didn't like it but the artist being good looking helps
Original post by Mally-xo

ZZ Top?
You're right, but I think this generally just applies to 12 year olds and airheads. It's certainly not true for all girls. Lots of popular musicians are attractive, so the fact that some girls listen to only attractive artists could be explained by the fact that some girls actually only listen to popular artists. Besides, it's true for some guys too, Rihanna for example. When it comes to guys I know many more Rihanna fans than Lady Gaga fans (who has music of similar if not better quality, but isn't hugely attractive).
(edited 13 years ago)
My sister's 12 and this definitely applies to her friends, the hint here being 12. Most girls don't listen to artists just because they're hot, especially after a certain age. :lolwut:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 19
I usually end up thinking someone is attractive because of their amazing music. Like Adam Duritz.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending