The Student Room Group

Homosexuality encouraged in schools.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by T.I.
Pretty much all of that refers to two males rasing a baby.

Im not disputing if gay couples should raise kids, thats a sperate issue.

Nice sidetracking.
Read the whole article and use google for about 5 seconds. That is enough to show that homosexuality occurs in nature.

And as I said, there are other things that humans do that most other animals do not, that are still considered natural.

Original post by imperial maniac
:facepalm:

Is that seriously the best argument you can come up with.

People having reproductive defects is not the same as homosexuality.

Taken totally out of context to what I was replying about.
I was talking about the argument that a relationship is only normal, natural and ok if it is for pro-creation. Obviously that argument is total rubbish.
Original post by MilaneseCat
Don't let Jesus catch you riding dirty.

:lolwut:
Reply 342
Original post by silent ninja
Plenty of non-christian, non-muslims are objecting on this thread. There is nothing extremist about objecting to homosexuality being taught in schools. You spend too much time around extremist lefties perhaps? :rolleyes:
The leftist agenda is propagated heavily on TV, but guess what? It's not the only one out there. You should get out more.

What has not being prejudiced and homophobic got to do with being "left-wing"? That makes no sense. I consider myself centre-right.

Who are these non-religious people objects and do they have a logical reason for doing so? I severely doubt it.
Original post by amizzle91
But it is normal. Why can't you explain gay sex the same way you explain hetero sex?

They'd only think it was confusing and difficult if you made it out to be that way.

Doing another male up the anus, is imo, not a normal thing to do.

Hetero sex is normal; for starters it actually has a practical purpose.
Original post by Stefan1991
What has not being prejudiced and homophobic got to do with being "left-wing"? That makes no sense. I consider myself centre-right.

Who are these non-religious people objects and do they have a logical reason for doing so? I severely doubt it.

A logical reason is not necessary. Perhaps they don't want to expose their children to sexuality at such a young age. Perhaps they find it unnatural. It makes no difference. They have the right to object and there is nothing extreme about that as you suggest. There is nothing logical about wanting to teach 5 year olds about homosexuality imo.

Lefties tend to be pro-gay, even more pro-gay than gays themselves. Anything goes with extremist lefties. Anything.
Doing another male up the anus, is imo, not a normal thing to do.

Hetero sex is normal; for starters it actually has a practical purpose.

Right. So what about straight anal sex then? And if you don't mind that, what exactly is the difference?

And as I am also assuming you are against infertile couples having sex, since that has no "practical purpose".
Homosexuality is wrong. It is completely immoral and unnatural. It isn't genetic. It is entirely a choice.

So...why the hell are children being taught this?

Would you be happy if your child was gay? Yeah...I thought not all you idiots who are proud of this "oh-so-tolerant society" we live in.

Some things just should not be tolerated publicly and should be kept behind closed doors; kept in the closet so to speak.
(edited 13 years ago)
Homosexuality isn't being encouraged - simply accepted finally
Y'know two of the greatest civilizations in history - The Greeks and Romans were openly Bisexual at least. Yes, some of the greatest thinkers and military leaders in history were openly gay

How does that make you feel?
Original post by sherlllll
It is entirely a choice.

1 - And you know how?
2 - If it was entirely a choice, do you really think people would choose to live a life blighted by discrimination, hate and bullying?
Reply 350
Original post by WelshBluebird
Nice sidetracking.
Read the whole article and use google for about 5 seconds. That is enough to show that homosexuality occurs in nature.

And as I said, there are other things that humans do that most other animals do not, that are still considered natural.

Taken totally out of context to what I was replying about.
I was talking about the argument that a relationship is only normal, natural and ok if it is for pro-creation. Obviously that argument is total rubbish.

I did read it, is hardly mentions animals having gay sex.
Because you are using cannibalism, which any sane person would view as not being normal, as an example to try and prove that homosexuality is normal, which totally undermines your argument.

Cannibalism, IS WRONG, end of. Homosexuality isn't wrong, what I'm trying to work out for myself is whether teaching children about homosexuality at such an early age, is wrong.

I have every right to criticise another culture if it is clearly barbaric and against the basic right of a human being not to be eaten by other human beings.

It's like trying to prove the existence of angels by saying that ghosts also exist -.-

I seem to remeber you were the one giving Cannibalism as an example in the first place? I just went with it.

If you can give me a valid reason as to why Cannibalism is wrong, than I will accept your arguemnt. And by valid I mean something that is actually relatively objective.

Your opinion is that it is wrong. Their's is that it's right. You are entitled to your opinion, but yours is not worth any more than theirs.

I do agree with you on the teaching-it too early thing though.
1 - And you know how?
2 - If it was entirely a choice, do you really think people would choose to live a life blighted by discrimination, hate and bullying?

Do you know it's genetic? Don't tell me you do, as it hasn't been conclusively proven at all. To me it shall remain a pitiful lifestyle choice until proven otherwise.

Yep, they're immoral, people act immorally all the time in various other ways and are similarly ostracised by society. Don't you agree that people choose to be murderers, rapists, sexual deviants, engage in other felonies etc...

Not everybody has the strength of character to keep on the straight and narrow :smile:.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by T.I.
Pretty much all of that refers to two males rasing a baby.

Im not disputing if gay couples should raise kids, thats a sperate issue.

It also states that sexual intercourse between animals of the same sex has been witnessed. There's plenty of evidence showing that homosexuality exists in the animal kingdom.

As for this thread in general, the title is vey misleading. Schools are going to provide more education to children about homosexuality. You cannot encourage homosexuality as it is certainly heavily influenced by genetics, hence the reason that it occurs in the animal kingdom and the fact that it cannot be 'cured', despite what those from certain religions say.
Reply 354
Original post by badger-man
It also states that sexual intercourse between animals of the same sex has been witnessed. There's plenty of evidence showing that homosexuality exists in the animal kingdom.

As for this thread in general, the title is vey misleading. Schools are going to provide more education to children about homosexuality. You cannot encourage homosexuality as it is certainly heavily influenced by genetics, hence the reason that it occurs in the animal kingdom and the fact that it cannot be 'cured', despite what those from certain religions say.

Show me two dogs having oral sex, i bet you can't.
Original post by T.I.
I did read it, is hardly mentions animals having gay sex.

Use google.

Original post by T.I.

That has nothing to do with gay sex though.
If you want a picture of two dogs having gay sex, I am sure google images will provide you with one.

Original post by sherlllll
Do you know it's genetic? Don't tell me you do, as it hasn't been conclusively proven at all. To me it shall remain a pitiful lifestyle choice until proven otherwise.

What? I was not claiming it is genetic. You are the one making ridiculous claims, so you need the evidence. There is no evidence for homosexuality being a choice.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 356
What's your point? those two opinions aren't mutually exclusive.

My friends Dad has webbed toes, I don't have a problem that he has webbed toes, it doesn't effect me, I couldn't care less. But having webbed toes, ISN'T NORMAL.

Omg!! Homosexuality is normal!! Your point is ridiculous. Your acting like a child yourself.
Reply 357
A logical reason is not necessary.

:lol:

Perhaps they don't want to expose their children to sexuality at such a young age. Perhaps they find it unnatural. It makes no difference. They have the right to object and there is nothing extreme about that as you suggest. There is nothing logical about wanting to teach 5 year olds about homosexuality imo.
How about teaching tolerance and awareness of different identity groups in a liberal democratic society? And eliminating ignorance. Pretty logical reasons I think.

Lefties tend to be pro-gay, even more pro-gay than gays themselves. Anything goes with extremist lefties. Anything.

Being left-wing has nothing to do with views on homosexuality, what are you talking about?

It is simply prejudiced and non-prejudiced, or religious. Though you can argue the religion is prejudiced. Has nothing to do with the left/right political spectrum.
Original post by T.I.

I don't think I can as I doubt oral sex is performed in the animal kingdom by any animal, regardless of sexuality. I have seen a male dog humping another male dog though and I believe many other people in this thread have too. It happens in parks all the time.
Use google.

What? I was not claiming it is genetic. You are the one making ridiculous claims, so you need the evidence. There is no evidence for homosexuality being a choice.

To me it seems to be a pathetic lifestyle choice more than anything else. It's just a belief I hold.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending