The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 820
Original post by Mask Of Sanity
:curious: would probably fit a certain sort. I'm pretty sure you know which sort I'm referring to (those who'd follow it up with :whip:) :ninja: :tongue:

Or just Leeds for anything and we saw her regularly. She'd have no clue. :rofl:

Haha yea, definitely the most appropriate response. (i didn't realise you were bringing your mother with you :colonhash:)

:lol: :yep: can't believe i was so stupid
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by RJW193
ahaha nope i don't, i don't actually live IN Newcastle more in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by fields haha :redface: but i go to school in Newcastle

Aha, fair enough. Your accent best still be fairly northern! :tongue:

We should all meet on the first day of freshers and walk either in a straight line horizontally, vertically like a choo-choo train (gestures and noises are a must), or just in a massive huddle. Because we are and shall be self proclaimed, yet also known, dons. :pierre:
Original post by dmz
Haha yea, definitely the most appropriate response. (i didn't realise you were bringing your mother with you :colonhash:)

:lol: :yep: can't believe i was so stupid

It was... An ever so slightly understandable mistake. :rofl:

You'll have to take a trip down ISoc avenue. :pierre:
Original post by dmz
Haha sweet. I want JB need a way to make CD my back up tho i wouldn't mind tannery either! Did you visit it? The common room looks good on the picture

wish i was excited as i was last year. But waited too long now. It's gonna be fun :biggrin:

No I didn't look at the tannery, I saw JB though I wouldn't like to be in the tannery as I am guessing it will be full of people doing medicine & dentistry and I'm not doing a demanding subject I think I would be quite bored as everyone would be out of the flat a lot.. Just a guess though :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 824
Aha, fair enough. Your accent best still be fairly northern! :tongue:

We should all meet on the first day of freshers and walk either in a straight line horizontally, vertically like a choo-choo train (gestures and noises are a must), or just in a massive huddle. Because we are and shall be self proclaimed, yet also known, dons. :pierre:

sorry to disappoint, i've been told my accent is quite posh :confused: but that's probably just here! I will still have geordie-isms don't worry haha

WE so should all meet up, it would be good to put faces to (screen)names :smile:, it would also be nice to kind of know some people haha
Original post by RJW193
sorry to disappoint, i've been told my accent is quite posh :confused: but that's probably just here! I will still have geordie-isms don't worry haha

WE so should all meet up, it would be good to put faces to (screen)names :smile:, it would also be nice to kind of know some people haha

Hah, I'm sure we'll be able to pick up on something! Don't worry though, I get told the same. :emo: Although, I'd like to think I'm still blatantly northern, but every time I'm asked if I'm from the south it's like I've had a limb amputated. :sad: Okay, just a fingernail cut, but regardless. :pierre:

How about setting up a stand outside the student union, pretending we're in our final year? :tongue:
Reply 826
Hah, I'm sure we'll be able to pick up on something! Don't worry though, I get told the same. :emo: Although, I'd like to think I'm still blatantly northern, but every time I'm asked if I'm from the south it's like I've had a limb amputated. :sad: Okay, just a fingernail cut, but regardless. :pierre:

How about setting up a stand outside the student union, pretending we're in our final year? :tongue:

oh oh are you northern too?! :ahee: this is exciting! we should start some sort of northerness appreciation society!
Original post by RJW193
oh oh are you northern too?! :ahee: this is exciting! we should start some sort of northerness appreciation society!

Yorkshire bitches. :plz2: So yes, yes I r. :ahee: I wonder if they have that society already because I saw "I :suith: Yorkshire" hoodies... Though since Leeds is in Yorkshire, I suppose that's understandable. :nothing: We should start one!
Reply 828
Yorkshire bitches. :plz2: So yes, yes I r. :ahee: I wonder if they have that society already because I saw "I :suith: Yorkshire" hoodies... Though since Leeds is in Yorkshire, I suppose that's understandable. :nothing: We should start one!

a chips and gravy appreciation society, also with a focus on dumplings (no one in the south seems to know what they are :dots: )
This sh*t craic is making me reconsider firming Leeds if I'm going to be stuck with some of you... Seriously, get some banter and get off this 24/7.
Reply 830
Original post by dmz
what does medical science entail? We can get away with the line I'm a medic :laugh:

Haha, well it's pretty much medicine-lite.

Learn about how the body works on a micro and macro-scopic level, what happens when it goes wrong, how the body tries to fix it and develop ways we can fix it using external sources (medicine!)

Sounds thrilling eh?

Mask of Sanity - nice!

I'm a southerner, chips and gravy is quite sensational. I love it.
Reply 831
It was... An ever so slightly understandable mistake. :rofl:

You'll have to take a trip down ISoc avenue. :pierre:

lol

what's isoc :ahee:
Original post by PhilosophyIsMyGame
No I didn't look at the tannery, I saw JB though I wouldn't like to be in the tannery as I am guessing it will be people doing medicine & dentistry and I'm not doing a demanding subject I think I would be quite bored.. Just a guess though :smile:

mine is supposed to be serious as well but apparently I'd get two and a half days off. I understand your concern tho but i doubt they'd bunch them all together, but very valid concern
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Economomics
This sh*t craic is making me reconsider firming Leeds if I'm going to be stuck with some of you... Seriously, get some banter and get off this 24/7.

Well you sound lovely.. :rolleyes: People are just trying to make friends, there's nothing wrong with that.
Original post by dmz
mine is supposed to be serious as well but apparently I'd get two and a half days off. I understand your concern tho but i doubt they'd bunch them all together, but very valid concern

Yeah, i think the majority might be as it's close to them buildings I'm not sure though! I'm just hoping we all get our first choice nothing worse then having to be put somewhere you didn't really want to be!
If i had to be reallocated i would want to be out in Clarence Dock!
Reply 834
Original post by Xabi17
Haha, well it's pretty much medicine-lite.

Learn about how the body works on a micro and macro-scopic level, what happens when it goes wrong, how the body tries to fix it and develop ways we can fix it using external sources (medicine!)

Sounds thrilling eh?

Mask of Sanity - nice!

I'm a southerner, chips and gravy is quite sensational. I love it.

:awesome: it does sound pretty cool! What would you work as after?
Reply 835
Original post by Economomics

I'm only taking a break from your mum for a couple of mins :colonhash:

you're reading it. I'm on a gap year, and 98% of my friends are away, this helps pass time till uni. Problem?
Reply 836
Hi does anyone know which self catered halls are close to the arts department in leeds. like the textiles, fashion graphics bit? thanks x
Reply 837
Original post by PhilosophyIsMyGame
Yeah, i think the majority might be as it's close to them buildings I'm not sure though! I'm just hoping we all get our first choice nothing worse then having to be put somewhere you didn't really want to be!
If i had to be reallocated i would want to be out in Clarence Dock!

the whole uni is together tho so not sure why it matters so much

my friend said he couldn't bear it and moved out after a few weeks to be closer so i don't know anymore.
Original post by dmz
the whole uni is together tho so not sure why it matters so much

my friend said he couldn't bear it and moved out after a few weeks to be closer so i don't know anymore.

Yeah, that's true!
Maybe as it'll always be 9 o clock starts they may want to be close instead of in a place like clarence or Places near JB and stuff! :/ Im not sure haha!

Oh god really, i just really hope we get our first choice! Have you heard anything back about offers? :smile:
Original post by Nengi
Hi does anyone know which self catered halls are close to the arts department in leeds. like the textiles, fashion graphics bit? thanks x

There's only one self-catered hall on the campus and then the others are a bus journey or walk to the campus!
I'm not too sure maybe send an email to the accommodation office and ask what would be your best choice? :smile:

Latest