The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SteveCrain
yes I know

I'm confused... how come you'd apply there if you got a good UKCAT?
Original post by Unbiased Opinion
I'm confused... how come you'd apply there if you got a good UKCAT?

Because I want to go to Liverpool Medical School?
Original post by SylveeDiggs
What do they use then? :colondollar:

GCSEs, Personal Statement and Interviews
GCSEs, Personal Statement and Interviews

oh then neva mind, with 5A* im outta the game already. guess im lookin at other options :redface:
What do they use then? :colondollar:

What I understand of it is that they want at least 15 points from your GCSE scores... so they take your top 9 GCSEs including english language, maths and science(s) and award 2 points for an A*/A and 1 point for a B. You need to be predicted AAB or AAA or something, I'm not sure tbh. And they look at your PS:

Liverpool website
Applicants demonstrating the most academic potential are then assessed against our non-academic criteria which include health care career awareness and insight, caring for the local community and a critical, coherent, and informative approach to written communication. Applicants who also satisfy these criteria are invited to interview

I love Liverpool for being so holistic. :heart: :colondollar:
(edited 13 years ago)
oh then neva mind, with 5A* im outta the game already. guess im lookin at other options :redface:

An A* and an A are given the same points :smile:

Well if you have 5 A*s and 4 As it's ok, as they are ranked the same and use the top 9

they probably discount bull**** GCSEs though
(edited 13 years ago)
Because I want to go to Liverpool Medical School?

But it wasn't on your "where I'll apply if I get a bad UKCAT score" list?
But it wasn't on your "where I'll apply if I get a bad UKCAT score" list?

yes it was...

re-read!!

Where do you want to go?
I have 5A* 5A's 3B's ,, reckon my ps could be good but dunno if thats enough for liverpool
I have 5A* 5A's 3B's ,, reckon my ps could be good but dunno if thats enough for liverpool

It probably depends what your Bs are. As I said, they take 9 GCSEs, A*/A=2 points, B=1.
It probably depends what your Bs are. As I said, they take 9 GCSEs, A*/A=2 points, B=1.

B in business (BB) and History (that was a shock to everyone haha)
yes it was...

re-read!!

Where do you want to go?

Sorry, then, my bad. :colondollar:

My most ideal uni would be Liverpool tbh! I'd also love to go to Manc or Glasgow, but they have pretty high UKCAT cut offs. :frown: I just want to live in a big city and go to a PBL uni. :redface: What about you?

Tbh, that sounds perfect for Liverpool... it would get you full marks on the GCSE section, I think.

Where would be your ideal uni? :smile:
I NEED WORK EXPERIENCE!!! Haven't got any so far..how do u get it? All places have said no to me :frown:
Sorry, then, my bad. :colondollar:

My most ideal uni would be Liverpool tbh! I'd also love to go to Manc or Glasgow, but they have pretty high UKCAT cut offs. :frown: I just want to live in a big city and go to a PBL uni. :redface: What about you?

HYMS, Aberdeen/Glascow and I'll probably apply to Liverpool.
Original post by LaMode0914
I NEED WORK EXPERIENCE!!! Haven't got any so far..how do u get it? All places have said no to me :frown:

I went to my careers adviser and college, sat with her for an hour while she rang all the GPs in my town and got a call back from one who arranged a week for me.

Incidentally, I quit after the first 2 days
Tbh, that sounds perfect for Liverpool... it would get you full marks on the GCSE section, I think.

Where would be your ideal uni? :smile:

well from a young age ive always been in love with imperial, but back then i was young and i was only in love with it because if the look the power the name and the thought of saying to someone "i go to imperial" lol. As i got older i went there and actually feel in love with it, like i felt at home. Then i checked the course and fell in lov with that too. Then i checked the entrace test and saw....BMAT. I heard we have to apply before we get our BMAT scores so i dunno if i want to risk it. My other ideal uni would be HYMS, Sheffield, Nottingham, Kings, UEA, St georges, basically a lot of places lol i cant decide. I really like intercalated (traditional mixed with PBL) but i also really like PBL and wouldnt mind too much in the end as long as i get an offer lol but im so scared!

You?:biggrin:
I went to my careers adviser and college, sat with her for an hour while she rang all the GPs in my town and got a call back from one who arranged a week for me.

Incidentally, I quit after the first 2 days

Just realised i forgot the darling liverpool (sorry liverpool) on my list. I also love beautiful places, interesting and relaxin, interesting things to see and people, and i love a romantic city or a city with great or intriguing history. Enough about me lol what about YOU? :smile:
Reply 639
I know what you mean, are you doing the real one and what topic is it? brings back memories this does

It's real, and the topic is the coagulation of milk- only vaguely related to enzymes. It's those random as **** questions that get me, the ones you cannot revise or prepare for, no matter what you do.

Latest

Trending

Trending