The Student Room Group

Is this enough revision for Maths?

I'm leaving my Maths revision for April 11th - April 25th in which I'm going to revise 6 hours daily with the mathswatch CD and past papers.

Is this enough? What grade would you get if you did this? Exams on June 6th and 10th.

Scroll to see replies

I left it until 2 weeks or so before and just did past paper after past paper. I found the lady on the mathswatch CD very patronising, so avoided using that. But it is good for topics you haven't quite understood in class.

I got an A* but I can't determine what grade you'll get; it depends on your revison technique and your current ability. What grade are you working at right now?

Best of luck :h:
Revision? Psh, just do a couple of past papers the day before and you'll be fine.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3
i start to revise like 3 days before hand at A-level

never even revised for gcse

Past papers are the way to go

try looking at the recommended maths website article
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
past papers are the key, and the amount of time your doing should be fine, just do trillions of past papers, write the topics you dropped marks on, on the front page, revise that topic & repeat. it got me 600/600 :biggrin:

Edit: why the hell do you get negged for doing well? :s-smilie:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by accesstohe
I'm leaving my Maths revision for April 11th - April 25th in which I'm going to revise 6 hours daily with the mathswatch CD and past papers.

Is this enough? What grade would you get if you did this? Exams on June 6th and 10th.

I did last night revision got A
Reply 6
Totally depends on the grade you want and how good you are. I would suggest you do as many past papers as it takes to get the grade you want.
Reply 7
I'm leaving my Maths revision for April 11th - April What grade would you get if you did this? Exams on June 6th and 10th.

No one can answer that accurately ... it depends on ability but assuming you're relatively intelligent you should get an A
Reply 8
People revise for GCSEs?
Reply 9
Original post by Mithra
People revise for GCSEs?

eventhough that was a joke, you deserve neg rep - i wont giv u that tho coz im too nice :biggrin:

anyways to answer your question OP, just go on http://www.youtube.com/maths247

the guy is awesome, he actually explains everything so clearly with examples from past exams. Just search on his youtube for anything you don't understand and he will have a revision video.

that's what I did, I didn't even do any past papers because I left it until like 5 days before the exam last year lol - I didnt go to school on those days due to having to revise 15 hours a day (i know, awful timing) but I ended up with an A* which i'm proud of.

GOOD LUCK

PS: trust me, just do what I did and along with some past papers you will be FINNEEE - especially that gcse maths doesn't really require being too smart. concepts are pretty easy to grab
Reply 10
Some people have made good points, but these seem to be the A* students, you may not be as capable as them, so don't leave it to the last week. I would say with balance on your other subjects do maybe a past paper a day, revise topics you get wrong or ask your teachers to help you with them, I'm sure they wouldn't say no.
Why are you leaving it until the last minute? Surely it would be easier to do less, spread over more time. Personally, I don't think setting time aside is the way to got, I think you need to keep revision and doing past papers until you get the grade you want. This may take a week, less or more.
Original post by Implo
Some people have made good points, but these seem to be the A* students, you may not be as capable as them, so don't leave it to the last week. I would say with balance on your other subjects do maybe a past paper a day, revise topics you get wrong or ask your teachers to help you with them, I'm sure they wouldn't say no.

this!
Reply 13
Original post by With an Accent
Why are you leaving it until the last minute? Surely it would be easier to do less, spread over more time. Personally, I don't think setting time aside is the way to got, I think you need to keep revision and doing past papers until you get the grade you want. This may take a week, less or more.

I'm not leaving until the last minute, my exams on June the 6th and 10th and im starting to revise on April 11 for 6 hours a day.

U call that last minute?
Reply 14
Original post by inspiringsoul
this!

April is last minute?
Reply 15
Original post by Implo

I'm not leaving it to the last week why is every1 saying this :\
There is no 'enough'. I'm leavin mine until like a week before, maths at GCSE is easy. But you should know how much is enough for you. What grade do you want and what grade are you at currently?
(edited 13 years ago)
I'm not leaving until the last minute, my exams on June the 6th and 10th and im starting to revise on April 11 for 6 hours a day.

U call that last minute?

I apologise, everyone else was saying it and I didn't refer back to your original dates, please excuse me.

However, what I meant was: why do it intensively, when you could do it extensively?
Reply 18
Original post by Xx.MissEG.xX
There is no 'enough'. I'm leavin mine until like a week before, maths at GCSE is easy. But you should know how much is enough for you. What grade do you want and what grade are you at currently?

Well I'm a mature student doing an access course...the Maths GCSE is something I'm doing alongside it to meet my conditional offer to do economics at manchester. I need to get a B, so not too fussed if I don't get an A* or an A
Well I'm a mature student doing an access course...the Maths GCSE is something I'm doing alongside it to meet my conditional offer to do economics at manchester. I need to get a B, so not too fussed if I don't get an A* or an A

Oh. Erm , what did you get last time? I'd recommend you do a past paper, see what you don't know, then learn it. But a B? You only need to get like half the marks. Do you even need to revise for it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending