The Student Room Group
Liverpool Hope University
Liverpool
Visit website

Marybone 2

Paid my deposit for Marybone today and got my flat number.
Any other 1st years going there or does anyone know if its any good?
Is it far from Uni of Liverpool and town?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've only heard one opinion on Marybone and it was negative unfortunately :biggrin: However, I've heard that a lot of the accommodation is similar
Liverpool
Visit website
Reply 2
Marybone 2 is one of the best actually. Its really modern. There's 3 marybones that are EXTREMELY different from eachother, so lets hope the above poster heard the negative about the other marybones, cause from what i can see its a really nice accomodation.
Reply 3
Oh no :/ I heard they were fine just dont be expecting anything amazing. I have a feeling I really should have went to that open day now. I heard that Marybone is good for meeting people and I suppose that all Im really wanting for my first year. Where do you stay/going to stay?
Reply 4
I've applied for Marybone 2 as well :smile: everyone seems to have applied for atlantic point or grand central though so i'm worried marybone 2 might have been a bad choice, it looks really nice though! have you been given your flat number?
Reply 5
I havent heard of another person going to Marybone haha Clearly we are going to be the only people there. Yea I thought it looked nice. Bit small I heard but then again everything is small apparently. Yea im Flat 28. I emailed cosmo the other day to see if i could be put with some Irish people so they said that there are already 3 people in my room so they would try and put a irish person in one of the 2 rooms left. Im really looking forward to it. Do you get your keys on the 10th too? I dont start until the 26th or something so basically 2 weeks of boozing which should be good. Did you get your room number? I still need to post away my deed now that I remember
Reply 6
it's quite worrying tbh haha ah well i'm sure it'll be fine. Yeah it looks a bit small on the pictures but i've looked at others and they seem to be the same size. I didn't know you could email them with preferences, i'm in flat 11 room A, my friend is in flat 15 so atleast i have someone to run to if i don't like my flatemates lol yeeah i'm collecting my keys on the 10th as well and my course starts some point in september can't remember when, proper excited thoughhh! what course are you doing?
Hi guys :smile:
I'm in flat 12 in marybone 2, anybody else in flat 12?? Going to LJMU to study applied psychology :biggrin:
Reply 8
Okay so we have a grand total of 4 people definately going now haha. Yea you're probably not meant to email them requests but was worth a try. I know of a couple of people from my year going to Liverpool but I dont thinkt they are going to Marybone. My friend actually got me worried about hating my flatmates :/ Im doing Politics and Communication Studies at UoL. Thought it was a sandwich course then after i accepted it I realised it wasn't..woops. I really should read through things more carefully haha. /\/\/\ The three of us are basically all in the same hall, maybe Im the floor above. Laura, did you go to an accommodation day of anything?
Flat 4! Looked pretty good on my open dayy? One of the biggest halls? I'm doing Civil Engineering :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by laura_kirk92
Hi guys :smile:
I'm in flat 12 in marybone 2, anybody else in flat 12?? Going to LJMU to study applied psychology :biggrin:

Bedale? I live near darlo don't suppose you go to QE?
Original post by chughes92
Okay so we have a grand total of 4 people definately going now haha. Yea you're probably not meant to email them requests but was worth a try. I know of a couple of people from my year going to Liverpool but I dont thinkt they are going to Marybone. My friend actually got me worried about hating my flatmates :/ Im doing Politics and Communication Studies at UoL. Thought it was a sandwich course then after i accepted it I realised it wasn't..woops. I really should read through things more carefully haha. /\/\/\ The three of us are basically all in the same hall, maybe Im the floor above. Laura, did you go to an accommodation day of anything?

It's the opposite side of the city to Liverpool Uni. You're going to get bored of trekking up there for lectures every other day :tongue: As for distance into town, it's about 5-10 minutes from the center so close enough to walk back every night.

Stayed there in first year. I'll put it this way - you'll have yourself a proper student experience.
Reply 12
Aw damn. Im lazy enough as it is. Not even joking, think I might invest in a bike! As long as its close to town Im fine. I need to get my priorities sorted out. Im just expected a year of pure boozing and class craic but if the reality does not live up to expectations I will be disappointed
Reply 13
****. nothin there to do.
Reply 14
Filling me with confidence :/
Marybone 1 or 2 for me hopefully, Apparently there's loads of Irish at Marybone so it should be great craic.
Reply 16
Thats what I heard! Yea I think it will be good for Freshers and Paddys Day if there is loada Irish ones. I read through a thread from a couple years ago and some english girl had left a post sayin "It was full of Irish people and I hated every minute of it". So funny, I couldnt stop laughing
Aye I seen that myself, Her saying that made it sound even better though lol And Paddies day should be complete madness. I think LJMU has a pretty good gaelic team aswell if you're into that.
Reply 18
Im going to UoL so its a bit random me going to Marybone but sure its all a bitta craic anyway. Im going to fail my degree haha
Original post by Antique Sponge

Original post by Antique Sponge
Bedale? I live near darlo don't suppose you go to QE?

No i go to Richmond College, you studying at QE??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending