The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

KENT firmers!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AlexInWonderland
I will be firming this week I think. I have known I would for some time, but as with all actions resulting from big decisions I'm a little hesitant lol

Firm kent! i had teh same options as you! i didn't know whether kent or UEA would be better..But even though UEA is higher than kent for law, has a huge gym, amazing summer life at uni on campus etc, the town is kinda small, and kent is more student populated :biggrin:
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Original post by helpnowplease
I chose tyler court A,b,C as first and second choices! lol parkwood houses 6 bedroom was my third choice? :frown: I just want en suite

En suite would be nice but the price, for me, puts me off it. Good luck, I'm sure you will get your first choice anyways :smile:
Firm kent! i had teh same options as you! i didn't know whether kent or UEA would be better..But even though UEA is higher than kent for law, has a huge gym, amazing summer life at uni on campus etc, the town is kinda small, and kent is more student populated :biggrin:

Well I went to the UEA visit day 3 weeks ago, and loved it. I then got my January results back, which made UEA difficult. Then on Wednesday I went to Kent again and realised I would prefer to study there regardless of my results, so it has all turned out well :smile:
Well I went to the UEA visit day 3 weeks ago, and loved it. I then got my January results back, which made UEA difficult. Then on Wednesday I went to Kent again and realised I would prefer to study there regardless of my results, so it has all turned out well :smile:

:smile:UEA was amazing for me too when i went. But, something about kent just makes me want to stay there. Regardless of how my resits went i was going to put kent down! I have BBC at AS and i've firmed kent, but i've got A LOT of work to do. :frown: (high B's and C btw). Lol, I have dreams that i'm at kent university, i'm not even exaggerating.

I love Kent, if they reject me, i'll be heartbroken.
Reply 24
I will be firming this week I think. I have known I would for some time, but as with all actions resulting from big decisions I'm a little hesitant lol

Exactly how I feel :smile:
:smile:UEA was amazing for me too when i went. But, something about kent just makes me want to stay there. Regardless of how my resits went i was going to put kent down! I have BBC at AS and i've firmed kent, but i've got A LOT of work to do. :frown: (high B's and C btw). Lol, I have dreams that i'm at kent university, i'm not even exaggerating.

Yeah, I feel this way now. When I first got uni prospectuses from a UCAS fair about a year ago flicking through them, Kent was the first one that stood out to me and I could see myself studying at.
Infact, I can remember sitting in the garden with my laptop looking at the profile in here and thinking it sounds great lol.

Original post by shanaynay

Glad it isn't just me then :tongue:

Quoting you guys as I thought you may like to know, I have just firmed Kent :biggrin:
Reply 27
Quoting you guys as I thought you may like to know, I have just firmed Kent :biggrin:

ahh awesome :smile: my birthday is next week, so parents suggested i do it then..haha. what course?
ahh awesome :smile: my birthday is next week, so parents suggested i do it then..haha. what course?

Oh I see, fair enough.
And history, yourself?

yaaaaaaaay!:biggrin:
Regardless of how my resits went i was going to put kent down! I have BBC at AS and i've firmed kent, but i've got A LOT of work to do. :frown: (high B's and C btw). Lol, I have dreams that i'm at kent university, i'm not even exaggerating.

Don't worry about that! I had BCC at AS - through resits I am now at AAB at AS (and predicted that). Just focus all your energy on study now and you'll achieve the grades you need for sure :smile:
Reply 31
I firmed Kent a month ago, I think? :tongue:
Um, doing English Language and Linguistics, and applied for:
1) Parkwood Flats
2) Tyler Court A
3) Parkwood Houses 6
4) Darwin Houses

Fingers crossed for Parkwood Flats... so expensive though... :blushing:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 32
Oh I see, fair enough.
And history, yourself?

yes, seems a little silly but i guess its a way of making me actually do it.
computer science :smile:
Reply 33
yes, seems a little silly but i guess its a way of making me actually do it.
computer science :smile:

Nice :smile:

I'm doing CompSci at the moment, first year.
Original post by RosieRose
I firmed Kent a month ago, I think? :tongue:
Um, doing English Language and Linguistics, and applied for:
1) Parkwood Flats
2) Tyler Court A
3) Parkwood Houses 6
4) Darwin Houses

Fingers crossed for Parkwood Flats... so expensive though... :blushing:

when you did your accomodation application, did they send you a email? i got no email!
Reply 35
Original post by mellie220
Firming (when I get the insurance offer I want) for French and History :biggrin:

Applied for:
Parkwood Flats (I really want an en-suite too)
Tyler Court B+C
Parkwood Houses 6 Bed
Parkwood Houses 5 bed.

I'll be gutted if I don't get an en-suite (I like spending lots of time in the shower lol)... I wasn't impressed when I had to apply to two non-ensuite but parkwood houses look alright and I'll probably get over it in a while :smile:

I spend about 20 minutes in the showerand always steam up the bathroom, I'm in shared. Just because you share it doesn't mean everyone is fighting for the bathroom lol. I've never needed to use it when someone else is using it, I could spend upto an hour in the shower if I really wanted to. Also don't quote me on this but I think the flats en suite are tiny, like the size of a trains toilet, I would end up feeling claustrophobic if i spent too much time in one of those, whereas the houses give you more a homely bathroom feel and much bigger spacce. Just something to think about if that is the reason for paying £1000 extra
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 36
when you did your accomodation application, did they send you a email? i got no email!

You have to log in to the kent accommodation website and you do your application there :smile:
Reply 37
Original post by Xno-
Nice :smile:

I'm doing CompSci at the moment, first year.

ooo yay :smile: another person to bombard with questions :wink: k, only a couple.. just curious to know how you are finding it so far? because my other main option is surrey, and even though its supposed to be the better uni, im much more drawn to kent.
Doing Economics there next year (hopefully), applied to Tyler B I think for my first choice.
Original post by RosieRose
You have to log in to the kent accommodation website and you do your application there :smile:

noo, i did it.. but are they meant to email me saying theyve got my application?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending