The Student Room Group

Homosexuality encouraged in schools.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by badger-man
I don't think I can as I doubt oral sex is performed in the animal kingdom by any animal, regardless of sexuality. I have seen a male dog humping another male dog though and I believe many other people in this thread have too. It happens in parks all the time.

They hump nothing tho, in the same way they hump blankets.
Original post by Emaemmaemily
It isn't a choice, you moron.

Neither is it genetic though. Acting on homosexual impulses is entirely a personal choice. It's all about strength of character :smile:.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by sherlllll
The reasons have been discussed ad nauseam in this thread really, you seem to have an answer to every single one of them, but they still remain.

I have an answer for them all, because all your reasons are just bull****.

It's entirely unproductive, does not propagate new life. So what that infertile couples also are unproductive, they do not have any social stigma attached to them and should still be allowed to adopt anyway..

What? That makes no sense. You say that the fact it doesn't create babies is a reason against it, but then say that fact doesn't apply to infertile straight couples who have the same issue. The only reason there is a social stigma about it is because of people like you.

The integrity of the family institution is undermined by homosexuality. I refuse to believe that children can function with same sex parents just as well as those raised by a normal couple. The child should have some measure of choice in the matter also. Why should a child be ostracised by society for being adopted by a couple of gays at birth where he has no say in the matter? Why is Elton John's baby deprived of the choice of having a normal family rather than being raised by a pair of queers?

Finally, something that is anywhere near a decent argument. Still heavily flawed though. The "integrity of the family institution" is also undermined by single parents , divorce, etc etc. Yet I doubt you would say those are morally wrong (saying that, maybe you will ...). Again, the only reason that they would have problems with society is because of people like you!

On this particular case, why should children be introduced to sex so early and even then why homosexual sex in particular as if it is being advocated and encouraged over straight sex. of view. I find the act repulsive really, I would qualify that as a reason as well really.

We aren't talking about sex. We are talking about relationships. And no, finding it repulsive is not a reason. I personally find coprophilia repulsive, but I don't think people who do it are immoral or whatever.

It isolates individuals from society, there is a noted social stigma attached to homosexuality.

Again, only because of people like you.

Both Socrates and Plato find homosexuality repulsive, perceptions on it have not changed, having existed even before Christianity itself, therefore there was some sort of social stigma attached to homosexuality even before when the influence of religion was even an issue. Apparently even then, homosexuality was recognised to contribute to the decay of society through its "pleasure first" selfish attitude.

So? Things change. I am guessing you also find slavery ok because that has been around for ages too?
And what about straight sex for pleasure. Why is that different?

Homosexuality as it stands causes more medical problems than heterosexuality due to the increased risk of STD's; a practical reason not to preach homosexuality to kids.

Oh come on. Just tell them to use a condom.
If you are using STD's as an argument, I can use the fact that there isn't the risk of getting pregnant.

That's all I can come up from a secular point of view. I personally like many others find the physical act repulsive, I would qualify that as a reason as well really, though it fits in with the social stigma isolating homosexuals from regular society.

Again, finding something repulsive is not a reason to find it morally wrong.
And again, the social stigma is only there because of people like you

Neither is it genetic though. Acting on homosexual impulses is entirely a personal choice. It's all about strength of character :smile:.

Oh shut up.
It has nothing to do with strength of character.
Reply 383
We have to force children to be homosexual because otherwise it wouldn't be equal. The same applies to women and minorities in professional positions, if they weren't to give them priority over white men there wouldn't be any equality.
(edited 13 years ago)

What?
No. It's part of YOU, a part of your brain that works differently to heterosexuals... You can't control who you are attracted to, and it's un-natural and psychologically damaging to try to force yourself to act against you INDIVIDUAL instincts.
Religion does influence this in part, but I would find homosexuality repulsive, deviant and unnatural even without such an influence.

I simply ask myself this question: "Would you want your son to be homosexual?" Why don't you ask yourself the same question.

Would I want my son to be homosexual?

I wouldn't have any preference over the sexuality of my son. He can be heterosexual, homosexual or bisexual. I wouldn't mind one bit.
As for homosexual behaviour being unnatural, who are you to decide what is and isn't natural? I was born this way, I believe that makes my feelings natural.
What?
No. It's part of YOU, a part of your brain that works differently to heterosexuals... You can't control who you are attracted to, and it's un-natural and psychologically damaging to try to force yourself to act against you INDIVIDUAL instincts.

Show me one case where homosexuality is presented to be genetic; presented as concrete and conclusive evidence.

Even if you believe that homosexual urges are genetic, which they are not until proven to be, I still hold acting upon those urges as a character test.

It's one thing having same sex urges or inclinations, it's an entirely different thing acting on those urges and engaging in a same sex physical relationship.

To me, this is where the character test comes in. I don't want to get into this, but in my opinion if you're a strong enough person you'll stick to the straight and narrow despite any idiotic impulses you may have.
Original post by badger-man
As for homosexual behaviour being unnatural, who are you to decide what is and isn't natural? I was born this way, I believe that makes my feelings natural.

So you're implying that homosexual feelings are genetic, which I won't believe until proven to be so. There is currently no concrete and conclusive scientific evidence which suggests that is the case.
So you're implying that homosexual feelings are genetic, which I won't believe until proven to be so. There is currently no concrete and conclusive scientific evidence which suggests that is the case.

How is saying it is natural mean it is genetic :confused:
Its who you are. In the same way that a lot of your personality is simply who you are, and not your genetics.
Show me one case where homosexuality is presented to be genetic; presented as concrete and conclusive evidence.

Even if you believe that homosexual urges are genetic, which they are not until proven to be, I still hold acting upon those urges as a character test.

It's one thing having same sex urges or inclinations, it's an entirely different thing acting on those urges and engaging in a same sex physical relationship.

To me, this is where the character test comes in. I don't want to get into this, but in my opinion if you're a strong enough person you'll stick to the straight and narrow despite any idiotic impulses you may have.

If you look on any scientific site, it will say that homosexuality is caused by BIOLOGICAL factors in genes, the BRAIN STRUCTURE, a environmental factors in their early life...
This is not a choice.

Why would choosing to do what's natural for your body to do be the sign of a weak character? If that's what's natural to you, and you're disgusted by the thought of the opposite sex in a sexual manner (because that's how your brain is designed), then you're GOING to have sex with the same sex.
There's nothing un-natural about it.
Are you religious?
Reply 390
Original post by rugbyladosc
Yes people have a right to express their views but I don't have to read that bigoted ****

Then don't read it, why does everyone else need to know that your not going to read it aswell?

No, I'm not saying they're entirely genetic. I believe it's a mix of genetic, social and hormonal factors. A lot of research has been done that supports this view.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biology_and_sexual_orientation
It isn't a choice, you moron.

True.

Though, fúcking other men is.
Original post by Invictus_88
True.

Though, fúcking other men is.

Having sex with who you're attracted to, and who it feels right with... Yes, that's a choice... But it's horribly un-natural to force yourself to be with someone you're not attracted to at all.
Reply 394
Original post by WelshBluebird
I have an answer for them all, because all your reasons are just bull****.

What? That makes no sense. You say that the fact it doesn't create babies is a reason against it, but then say that fact doesn't apply to infertile straight couples who have the same issue. The only reason there is a social stigma about it is because of people like you.

Finally, something that is anywhere near a decent argument. Still heavily flawed though. The "integrity of the family institution" is also undermined by single parents , divorce, etc etc. Yet I doubt you would say those are morally wrong (saying that, maybe you will ...). Again, the only reason that they would have problems with society is because of people like you!

We aren't talking about sex. We are talking about relationships. And no, finding it repulsive is not a reason. I personally find coprophilia repulsive, but I don't think people who do it are immoral or whatever.

Again, only because of people like you.

So? Things change. I am guessing you also find slavery ok because that has been around for ages too?
And what about straight sex for pleasure. Why is that different?

Oh come on. Just tell them to use a condom.
If you are using STD's as an argument, I can use the fact that there isn't the risk of getting pregnant.

Again, finding something repulsive is not a reason to find it morally wrong.
And again, the social stigma is only there because of people like you

Oh shut up.
It has nothing to do with strength of character.

Me like you :wink:
Original post by Buxtons
Then don't read it, why does everyone else need to know that your not going to read it aswell?

I am expressing my opinions of my distaste for the article source. You earlier said that everyone has a right to their own views. Problem?
If you look on any scientific site, it will say that homosexuality is caused by BIOLOGICAL factors in genes, the BRAIN STRUCTURE, a environmental factors in their early life...
This is not a choice.

Why would choosing to do what's natural for your body to do be the sign of a weak character? If that's what's natural to you, and you're disgusted by the thought of the opposite sex in a sexual manner (because that's how your brain is designed), then you're GOING to have sex with the same sex.
There's nothing un-natural about it.
Are you religious?

Yes I hold some religious views...

They have a weak character though simply because they should force themselves to do the right thing and not to simply seek selfish pleasure for pleasures sake. I would similarly call people who rely on drugs, drink and other sexual perversions as being of a weak character? They're choosing to fulfil their immediate pleasures in an entirely selfish way.
(edited 13 years ago)

Sounds to me like you're insecure yourself.
Yes I hold some religious views...

Explains why you think they should "resist" their natural urges.

To me this sounds like the musings of someone stuck in the closet trying to deny their actual feelings.

Quick Reply

Latest