The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

LEEEEEEEEEEEEEDS :biggrin:

Sorry, couldn't contain myself. I've just been fighting the evil forces that are Student Finance and their forms :horse:

So, today I'm mulling over JB ...but CD is still lingering in the background .
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by dmz
I'm only taking a break from your mum for a couple of mins :colonhash:

you're reading it. I'm on a gap year, and 98% of my friends are away, this helps pass time till uni. Problem?

Class gag mate. You must have loads of mates if 98% are away...

You have made 5577 posts since February mate. From the start of February to now that is 99.5 posts a day. So you're saying 99.5 posts take you a couple of mins? This is my problem with you.
Reply 882
Original post by Prose Before Hoes
LEEEEEEEEEEEEEDS :biggrin:

Sorry, couldn't contain myself. I've just been fighting the evil forces that are Student Finance and their forms :horse:

So, today I'm mulling over JB ...but CD is still lingering in the background .

I feel like I wrote that myself...
Reply 883
Original post by outlaw-torn
Quickish walker - about 20 minutes to the Brotherton (Parkinson steps)

No I love that there's only a few! :smile: we've all really got to know each other and it's just a lot nicer being so close knit and fewer people. You might not make as friends with so many people - but you make better friends with fewer! :smile: (I am aware that sounded very corny haha)

Thanks, No that makes sense about 'better' friends just hate that feeling of missing out. Would you say there is a good 'mix' of people like different backgrounds I realise it will vary each year but thought it may be worth asking.
Reply 884
Original post by PhilosophyIsMyGame
Oh yeah that would be hard, hopefully we'll get jobs and stuff and not have to rely so much on our parents haha :smile:
Oh yeah if she says no to money just use that against her :P
Yeah i'm sure that will be a comfortable sum of money to have :smile:

:yep: Not gonna work more than 10 hours a week max or 10hours in two weeks even but could cover food, we can chill for a while and not have to worry anyway :smile:

lol yer
Original post by ModernLeper
Hahaha sorry!!
Erm I went in the morning so they couldn't have been THAT bored lol, but they were all standing out in this little courtyard so they might have been a bit chilly , Leeds isn't renowned for it's warm weather :P

No it looked pretty clean! All the bathrooms were very new, cept you have to clean them and the kitchen yourself :s-smilie:, lets just say Im not a domestic goddess, but I think this is the same everywhere in Leeds
Yeah the rooms looked newer, just the carpets and stuff, but I think it's been done up quite recently

Hmm really~? I didn't walk round the area much but it didn;t look great haha! Maybe you just had to walk out a bit, the tannery is right next to a 4 lane road so I was imagining having to drunkenly run for my life aha

I needed to know :sigh: where did you go that you would consider better?

I'm gonna street view the path to uni, I'm from Manchester so i'm used to that, gay weather. Hopefully we're allowed to bring our own heating (or i'll have to break the rules)

Haha, my parents are african and kids are expected to do all the work so something i'm quite used to (supposed to be used to, i'm pretty lazy but i know how to do it, lol)

Oh right, How about the desks/table? any comments? would a tv fit on it? (my tactic for making friends :lol:)

Haha, you don't want to walk round a 4 way lane when you're drunk. Wish they'd have another accommodation open day.
Reply 885
Original post by Economomics

You have made 5577 posts since February mate. From the start of February to now that is 99.5 posts a day. So you're saying 99.5 posts take you a couple of mins? This is my problem with you.

I lolled
Reply 886

Erm, no because i'm on a gap year and since i'm not a paedo most of my friends were my age or older and they all went to uni :colonhash:

exactly, since february, not before, 3000+ were on medicine forum, i didn't get a job till 5 weeks ago which meant i had to spend hours every day contemplating my future with not much to do since i blew all the money i had by....february, and i figured it was better on a thread with 100 other cool people in my position on an online thread. I signed up like March last year, why would i start posting so much from february? Men i seriously wanna **** you up, fool
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 887
Where are the dentists applying or thinking of for accommodation? :smile:
Original post by dmz
Erm, no because i'm on a gap year and since i'm not a paedo most of my friends were my age or older and they all went to uni :colonhash:

exactly, since february, not before, 3000+ were on medicine forum, i didn't get a job till 5 weeks ago which meant i had to spend hours every day contemplating my future with not much to do since i blew all the money i had by....february, and i figured it was better on a thread with 100 other cool people in my position on an online thread. Men i seriously wanna **** you up, fool

Haha, although i just realised i made a massive blunder with calculations not realising it was 2011, you still failed to spot this. The fact you want to "seriously wanna **** me up" because i said you have zero craic shows how much of a lesser you are. Please do not apply to the same halls as me.

PS, i will crease when you and you cyber friends negative this post...
Reply 889
Haha, although i just realised i made a massive blunder with calculations not realising it was 2011, you still failed to spot this. The fact you want to "seriously wanna **** me up" because i said you have zero craic shows how much of a lesser you are. Please do not apply to the same halls as me.

PS, i will crease when you and you cyber friends negative this post...

How does this invalidate what i said, i had less than 20 post from March 2010 - February 2011, only an idiot would make that kind of error.

I don't care what it makes me, if you finish up with a broken jaw :colonhash:, I wanna **** you up cos you're a dick that needs to be put in his place

cyber friend would be more than you can hope for seeing as my my toe has more personality than you

and seeing as you can't do basic maths, it comes to over 13 posts a day average and 5000+ on university or medicine. I really hope to stumble on you somehow so i can kick the **** out of you
(edited 13 years ago)

Considering your name is economics you don't seem very good at Maths
He started posting in Feb 2010...
(edited 13 years ago)
Considering your name is economics you don't seem very good at Maths
He started posting in Feb 2010...

Read my last post. Easy mistake
Reply 892
Read my last post. stupid mistake

get it right
Original post by lauramunday
Im off to tannery and im in 6 hours a week, its not that full of medics, its just a lot of medics and business students will go there, its the same with concept place when they had that and it had like 30% medics and business students 70% everyone else. You wont be alone, all horror stories :smile:

Phew.. thanks everyone for reassuring me! Was worried for a moment there..had visions of sitting alone in my room..

Original post by dmz
:

I needed to know :sigh: where did you go that you would consider better?

I'm gonna street view the path to uni, I'm from Manchester so i'm used to that, gay weather. Hopefully we're allowed to bring our own heating (or i'll have to break the rules)

Haha, my parents are african and kids are expected to do all the work so something i'm quite used to (supposed to be used to, i'm pretty lazy but i know how to do it, lol)

Oh right, How about the desks/table? any comments? would a tv fit on it? (my tactic for making friends :lol:)

Haha, you don't want to walk round a 4 way lane when you're drunk. Wish they'd have another accommodation open day.

I really liked Clarence Dock, Devonshire and James Baillie, just deciding which one!
Oh also I forgot to answer the coldness question, CD was just really nice and warm :biggrin: I think after CD I just had really high expectations for the social facilities everywhere, so seeing this dodgy common room just made my heart sink a little bit
Ermmm probably hah! everyone had laptops and stuffff, another thing which put me off the Tannery, no option for internet TV!
not that many people buy Tv licences, but still I want the choice...
Just go up by yourself, I'm sure they'd let you have a shufti at some places :P
Original post by dmz
How does this invalidate what i said, i had less than 20 post from March 2010 - February 2011, only an idiot would make that kind of error.

I don't care what it makes me, if you finish up with a broken jaw :colonhash:, I wanna **** you up cos you're a dick that needs to be put in his place

cyber friend would be more than you can hope for seeing as my my toe has more personality than you

and seeing as you can't do basic maths, it comes to over 13 posts a day average and 5000+ on university or medicine. I really hope to stumble on you somehow so i can kick the **** out of you

Cool. Threaten people via student room when you know nothing will come of it - hard lad you.
(Also, threatening to "F*ck me up" doesnt get you any more cyber friends... - just thought i'd let you know.)
Read my last post. Easy mistake

Ah my bad, but still what do you get out of this?
You just look like a first class knob head
Reply 897
Cool. Threaten people via student room when you know nothing will come of it - hard lad you.
(Also, threatening to "F*ck me up" doesnt get you any more cyber friends... - just thought i'd let you know.)

:facepalm: i get that, i hope i do meet you again for real so you can say some similar **** to me :smile:

yer, you're not really the best person to be giving advice on how to make friends
Ah my bad, but still what do you get out of this?
You just look like a first class knob head

Well i don't. Just thought i'd let a few on here know that they are in need of some patter. That is all.
Original post by cataha
Thanks, No that makes sense about 'better' friends just hate that feeling of missing out. Would you say there is a good 'mix' of people like different backgrounds I realise it will vary each year but thought it may be worth asking.

Yeah I mean one of my flatmates (and quite a few others I know) took a gap year, theres a few people from different places overseas, we're all from different places in the UK etc etc :smile: in any halls I think you get a pretty good variety!

Latest