The Student Room Group

Homosexuality encouraged in schools.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sherlllll

They have a weak character though simply because they should force themselves to do the right thing and not to simply seek pleasure for pleasures sake.

So I assume you have the same thoughts about straight couples who have sex for pleasure?
Reply 401
Original post by Emaemmaemily
environmental factors in their early life...

Hm, and you don't think playing a gay prince in a schoolplay at age 5 qualifies as an ,enviromental factor in [his] early life'?

Edit: @Sherly: I'm pretty sure the gay community is quite happy about the fact that you have enough ,character strength' not to act on your homosexual urges ;-)
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by rugbyladosc
Sounds to me like you're insecure yourself.

I'm not insecure at all :smile:. I have a strong enough character to do the right thing and never let down those who love me. It's simple for me.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 403
I am expressing my opinions of my distaste for the article source. You earlier said that everyone has a right to their own views. Problem?

Yeah i did say that, but if you havn't read the article how can you possible base a genuine useful opinion on it? their views are wrong, but people should really understand what evil and hatred they spout before vilifying them based on what others alone say.

Your an individual, express views and opinions as one.

And for the record i don't think homosexuality should be glorified, or vilified for that matter, just as heterosexuals and bisexuals shouldn't be glorified or vilified either, I just find sexuality irrelevant if they're not hurting anyone why is it a problem?, regardless of sexuality everyone is a human being and should be respected for their humanity not their sexuality.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by WelshBluebird
So I assume you have the same thoughts about straight couples who have sex for pleasure?

Casual sex and sexual promiscuity should also be discouraged, yes. I think they also contribute to social decay. Also signs of weak characters in case you were wondering :smile:.
I'm not insecure at all :smile:. I have a strong enough character to do the right thing and never let down those who love me. It's simple for me.

So you believe the "right thing" is doing what an old and irrelevant book says?
Casual sex and sexual promiscuity should also be discouraged, yes. I think they also contribute to social decay. Also signs of weak characters in case you were wondering :smile:.

Well at least you are consistent.
Although personally, as long as both people are happy with it (and are safe about it), I don't see the problem that casual sex causes. But I understand those are personal opinions.
Original post by Winning
Hm, and you don't think playing a gay prince in a schoolplay at age 5 qualifies as an ,enviromental factor in [his] early life'?

No. Early environmental factors refers to when they are babies and toddlers... And it refers to things like parental absence... But all scientific sites say that these factors are not always involved at all, and that environmental factors alone can't cause anyone to be homosexual. It's mostly genetic and your brain structure.
Original post by badger-man
So you believe the "right thing" is doing what an old and irrelevant book says?

I don't see why you're trying to patronise me for my religious views :smile:. If we were to take my religion out of this, I would still believe the "right thing" to do would be to make my loved ones happy and proud by at least making an effort to adopt and conform to their religious standpoint. That's not done on the basis of religion, it's done on the basis of my own moral standards.
Original post by moonkatt
To me this sounds like the musings of someone stuck in the closet trying to deny their actual feelings.

I'm not even tempted buddy. :smile:. Even if I was "genetically" gay, I would still strive to suppress any urges I may have simply to put the happiness of my loved ones above my own.

Plus, women are way too hot for me to be gay :biggrin:.
I don't see why you're trying to patronise me for my religious views :smile:. If we were to take my religion out of this, I would still believe the "right thing" to do would be to make my loved ones happy and proud by at least making an effort to adopt and conform to their religious standpoint. That's not done on the basis of religion, it's done on the basis of my own moral standards.

Who says that all homosexual's families don't like it?
I have a friend who is in a homosexual relationship, and her family seriously don't care, they just want her to be happy. So I fail to see how what she does is "wrong".

I'm not trying to patronise you. I'm trying to understand your reasons for believing homosexuality is immoral and deviant. Currently you have provided no reasons for why you see it as wrong.
Who says that all homosexual's families don't like it?
I have a friend who is in a homosexual relationship, and her family seriously don't care, they just want her to be happy. So I fail to see how what she does is "wrong".

I was talking personally there :smile:.

I'd still condemn her as being wrong from my own moral standpoint.

Though...I would think the majority of people would not want their child to be homosexual, but as thats only a generalisation it's neither here nor there
Original post by imperial maniac
Doing another male up the anus, is imo, not a normal thing to do.

Hetero sex is normal; for starters it actually has a practical purpose.

In MY opinion, it is normal.

Since when has sex only been for a 'practical purpose'? We do have sex for pleasure too, you know.
It's not being encouraged. What is being encouraged, is that children understand that these things exist. Just because these children's books exists, does not mean they are being handed out to every primary school and they have suddenly made their way onto the "circle time" syllabus. The rest of the article sounds ridiculous too. Guys CAN be cheerleaders - it's not a "females only" sport. Joining up does not make you gay and does not mean that they wear a mini skirt either. That was just a ridiculous comment, probably made from one of these macho-thinking dads who refuses to let their son play with dolls. Also, I also see no problem with the boys dressing up in dresses. They PRIMARY SCHOOL CHILDREN!!! They probably do not understand properly what homosexuality is - hell, they probably don't even know what heterosexuality is. Dressing up in a dress is probably just funny to them and it is purely just a game of pretend, and what's more, it will help their imagination. My brother had a pushchair and a doll, so did I, and me and my brother and my mum with my baby brother (when we were little) would all go out for walks with our "babies". My brother is not gay, he was just a child.
I was talking personally there :smile:.

I'd still condemn her as being wrong from my own moral standpoint.

Though...I would think the majority of people would not want their child to be homosexual, but as thats only a generalisation it's neither here nor there

Well that's your opinion, but the thing is most of the country these days (MOST, not all) are actually tollerant and understanding.
There's nothing wrong with being homosexual, it's a natural thing. I see no problem with someone acting upon what's natural to them.
You don't put yourself through a life of misery for the sake of keeping your father happy... It's wrong of anyone's family to make that individual live a horrible life.
No you are a closet homosexual. You are trying to convince yourself that you can become straight, but getting mouthy on an internet forum isn't the right way to go about it. We are who we are, might as well play the cards your delt and embrace it.

I'm not gay at all, I can only tell you what I genuinely feel. Whether you believe it or not is entirely up to you but as only I can speak for myself, I think I'm probably right here :smile:.

I doubt it. I bet the majority of people just want their children to be happy. Love is an amazing thing, and if someone were to find that, regardless of the gender, we should not take that away from them. I would certainly never want to take it away from my own kid.
I'm not gay at all,

yeah you keep telling yourself that....
Well that's your opinion, but the thing is most of the country these days (MOST, not all) are actually tollerant and understanding.
There's nothing wrong with being homosexual, it's a natural thing. I see no problem with someone acting upon what's natural to them.
You don't put yourself through a life of misery for the sake of keeping your father happy... It's wrong of anyone's family to make that individual live a horrible life.

But equally, you shouldn't put yourself through a life of reckless pleasure at the expense of others should you? That's my rationale here, it's what I try to live by.

I'm not saying my character is flawlessly strong or that I'm a better person than others, but I really try to act morally(or what I consider to be moral behaviour) and homosexuality is sadly unacceptable to me.

Also I'm not singling out homosexuality here, there are many other things that are unacceptable as defined by my religious views and my own moral judgment.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending