The Student Room Group

What is the easiest board for gcse statistics?

Hey guys,
Today I just found out that there might be a possibility of my school doing Statistics gcse, which would count as another maths GCSE.

I was just wondering if you guys knew what the easiest board is?
and if it isnt too late.

Thnx:smile:
Reply 1
Original post by user
Hey guys,
Today I just found out that there might be a possibility of my school doing Statistics gcse, which would count as another maths GCSE.

I was just wondering if you guys knew what the easiest board is?
and if it isnt too late.

Thnx:smile:

Well I was entered late to Edexcel statistics - I think you can do it, but have to pay double.
The test itself is fine and quite straightforward but there's coursework. And It's controlled, so it's difficult for me to find time for my teacher to actually help and watch over me. If you have a teacher and lesson time, it's fine, but I don't. The coursework is a bit annoying too.
Reply 2
Original post by user

Um, you've probably missed the "normal" deadline but may be able to get a late entry but would be more expensive if you're a private candidate. No exam board is 'easier'.
Reply 3
Original post by Ears
Well I was entered late to Edexcel statistics - I think you can do it, but have to pay double.
The test itself is fine and quite straightforward but there's coursework. And It's controlled, so it's difficult for me to find time for my teacher to actually help and watch over me. If you have a teacher and lesson time, it's fine, but I don't. The coursework is a bit annoying too.

Interms of difficulty hows is edexcel?

in comparison with AQA?
Reply 4
Original post by user
Interms of difficulty hows is edexcel?

in comparison with AQA?

No idea, haven't seen or done AQA. I think they'd probably be around equal difficulty.

Quick Reply