The Student Room Group

Need help - Where to put father's foreign income?

Does anyone know where to put foreign income down?
I'm from South Korea but I'm a British Citizen now. I'm living with my mum but my dad moved back to South Korea and is earning his salary there.
Do I put the amount down in the Salary/Wages part (as it is a salary) or the Other Income and Lump Sums part (which asks for Foreign earnings not taxable in the UK)?

Also, for the section about parents' residence; I have to write my dad's korean address down as he's been living there since before 2008. I have to write the FROM and TO dates during which he's has been living there...but if he's still living there and it's his permanent home what do I put for the TO date?

CHEERS.
Reply 1
Your dad lives permanently in Singapore? And you live with your mum in the UK? Not knowing anything about you specifically, it sounds a lot like you should put on your form that you live with your mum only and totally ignore your dad's income for student finance purposes.
Original post by alibee
Your dad lives permanently in Singapore? And you live with your mum in the UK? Not knowing anything about you specifically, it sounds a lot like you should put on your form that you live with your mum only and totally ignore your dad's income for student finance purposes.

Nonsense. The income goes down in the place the OP already indicated. In foreign income not taxed in the UK.
Reply 3
Original post by hypocriticaljap

Original post by hypocriticaljap
Nonsense. The income goes down in the place the OP already indicated. In foreign income not taxed in the UK.

Well are his parents separated or together? If they are separated and the OP lives with his mum, all of his dad's income is irrelevant whether he lives in the UK or abroad.
Original post by alibee
Well are his parents separated or together? If they are separated and the OP lives with his mum, all of his dad's income is irrelevant whether he lives in the UK or abroad.

I'm sure the OP can ask any further questions they want that were not asked in the original post.

Quick Reply

Latest