The Student Room Group

Cambridge 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by argrao
well my offer in my offer letter was A*A*A but then on UCAS it got updated as A*AA. and i asked them which is the correct one, and they said i should fulfill the UCAS one. :biggrin:

well i take FM, extra AS FM, Phy, Chem, Math ... ive kinda done all my modules for math but havent cashed it in yet, but its A*.

hmm :s-smilie: Catz hasnt sent me nythin yet for engineering :colone:

This offer is subject to you obtaining

GCE A level
including
Chemistry

and two further subjects from Biology, Mathematics and Physics.

My UCAS says this...Does that mean just passes :confused::confused:
Reply 1381
Original post by colourfulcrissi
An A* in Bio AND Chem, eeessh thats not so nice. I got exactly the same UMS as you in both! 93 in chem and 88 in bio, different exam boards though. I was freaking out a wee bit, but the bio isa was aiiite so maybe failure isn't as imminent as I first thought YAAAAY) :smile:

:biggrin: What are the odds of that lol

Well my Task 1 for EMPA is sometime this week - I really hope I do well. I need to get my teacher at eye level and say "You better help me" Nah jk I'm going to resit Biology unit 4 in hopes I can improve it a bit...

What are your offers?
Original post by Ca11ie
So is everyone getting accommodation stuff sent to them by their college already?
It was with my offer letter! :tongue:
Original post by plinguu
this is so late
but anyway, i've got the same offer as you for economics at jesus!!!!
:biggrin:
also got my A* already in maths

I've got the A* already as well... Takes all the pressure off these exams this summer, only gutted i havn't got an A* in further already.

Did you enjoy the interviews? And which day were yours... I think mine was the tuesday, I was the tallish guy who walked in late to the TSA if you remember that far back.

Are you looking forward to next year? (or reading and preparing like crazy just to be able to keep up! :wink: )
Reply 1384
Original post by Ca11ie
So is everyone getting accommodation stuff sent to them by their college already?

Seems that way. I haven't got anything from Sidney either, fwiw.
Reply 1385
Original post by Zuzuzu

That's good, makes me feel less left out :tongue:
Original post by Phalange
:biggrin: What are the odds of that lol

Well my Task 1 for EMPA is sometime this week - I really hope I do well. I need to get my teacher at eye level and say "You better help me" Nah jk I'm going to resit Biology unit 4 in hopes I can improve it a bit...

What are your offers?

Haha sounds like a plan to me...
Offer from Cam and Birmingham for medicine and I'm waiting on Leicester.
An offer for biochem at Leicester and rejection from Edinburgh medicine.
Probs put birmingham as a firm, but I'll see what leicester does first.

I generally do better in bigger exams, my stupid mistakes are scaled down a bit more so hopefully the summer one will go better, it's about three times the length of the jan one. I need to get 88% to get the A*, comeoncomeoncomeoncomeon tbf if I can't get that, I probs don't deserve to go to cam.
Reply 1387

I generally do better in bigger exams, my stupid mistakes are scaled down a bit more so hopefully the summer one will go better, it's about three times the length of the jan one. I need to get 88% to get the A*, comeoncomeoncomeoncomeon tbf if I can't get that, I probs don't deserve to go to cam.

(This probably isn't going to sound like a nice comment, I don't mean it to sounds like it probably will.)

Why?
:confused:
Original post by argrao
well my offer in my offer letter was A*A*A but then on UCAS it got updated as A*AA. and i asked them which is the correct one, and they said i should fulfill the UCAS one. :biggrin:

well i take FM, extra AS FM, Phy, Chem, Math ... ive kinda done all my modules for math but havent cashed it in yet, but its A*.

hmm :s-smilie: Catz hasnt sent me nythin yet for engineering :colone:

Well done on the UCAS offer - I was hoping my offer would be just A*AA on UCAS without the A* having to be in FM but no such luck :frown:

I got A* in Maths in January but felt a bit down that it didn't really help with my offer. I'm also doing Further Maths, Physics and Design Technology. Again DT is so much work but they don't care what I get in it. So depressing!!

What's your insurance?
Original post by VaVe
(This probably isn't going to sound like a nice comment, I don't mean it to sounds like it probably will.)

Why?
:confused:

She probably realises how much work medicine is at Cambridge. My sister is home now but she is working almost all day and has 3 essays to do by the 8th April. Its just a holiday for the supervisors and teachers!!

She is pretty envious of the 'easy' life medics have at other medical schools.
Reply 1390
Original post by Got the tshirt
She probably realises how much work medicine is at Cambridge. My sister is home now but she is working almost all day and has 3 essays to do by the 8th April. Its just a holiday for the supervisors and teachers!!

Yeah that's what I've heard. I'm just going to pretend that everyone else has the same workload and if anyone says otherwise they're not being honest.

Denial is a wonderful place.
Reply 1391

Put Camb as firm :biggrin:

Well good luck, I calculated I need 55/60 EMPA and 127/140 Unit 5 for Bio A* which doesn't seem impossible (without retaking unit 4)

Good luck!
Reply 1392

It's definitely not a holiday for the supervisors and teachers either, they spend their vacations doing the research that will allow them to keep their jobs and funding within the university...
Reply 1393
Original post by Ca11ie

Original post by Piecewise
It was with my offer letter! :tongue:

Original post by Zuzuzu

This is tempting fate, but I want my accommodation letter :frown:
Don't worry about accommodation stuff, it varies massively from college to college!

This time last year I wanted to sort mine out, but Downing (amongst others) doesn't do anything until late August / early September, AKA after results day.

Hello! :smile:
i've also got an offer from Cam and birmingham :biggrin:
Which college btw? :smile:
Original post by Ca11ie

Original post by Ca11ie

Nope :smile: haha i really want to get it :biggrin:
Original post by Bubbles2010

I hope my college hasn't sent it out yet! I haven't officially confirmed yet, and it would make me really nervous to know that everyone else could pick accomodation before me and I'm left with whatever nobody wants!
Reply 1398

Is she a first year or second year? From what im hearing, medicine at Cambridge just seems like an absolute mission.

Im looking forward to it, but at the same time im bricking it :s-smilie:
Reply 1399
Original post by Bubbles2010

Same :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending