The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Phalanges
What is The Wrath of Khan? Is it supposed to be the best Star Trek or something? As someone who has never watched 5 minutes of Star Trek I am blissfully ignorant of it. :p:

Terminator 2 will probably be the biggest tragedy of that round. I doubt anyone will ever make a better action flick.

I have no idea about anything Star Trek except the 2009 film. I've already formed a bias that it doesn't deserve to be there and have made a habit of voting against it. :colone:

Terminator 1 shouldn't be in there, if 2 had been against Serenity it would have given Serenity a real run for its money and probably even beaten it.
Reply 441
Original post by Ape Gone Insane

Spoiler

I really hope they end how they started, in terms of the quality of course! But I'm really glad that will mean Smallville will finish in time to anticipate the Man of Steel film in 2012 =].
I'm sure it's not coincidental though!

And nahhh, I've been working a lot this year, but I plan on watching it on the internet sometime, :u:. Have you been? Is it building up to a great finale?
Original post by DLJ
I really hope they end how they started, in terms of the quality of course! But I'm really glad that will mean Smallville will finish in time to anticipate the Man of Steel film in 2012 =].
I'm sure it's not coincidental though!

And nahhh, I've been working a lot this year, but I plan on watching it on the internet sometime, :u:. Have you been? Is it building up to a great finale?

Nope, not been watching it at all. I'm the same as you, but yeah planning on watching it soon. Something oddly satisfying, when catching up, about not having to wait another week for the next episode. It should raise the anticipation for Snyder's film.

Thinking of getting into some Superman comics (Red Son, Kingdom Come and others) inbetween the Smallville finale and the film.
Thinking of getting into some Superman comics (Red Son, Kingdom Come and others) inbetween the Smallville finale and the film.

Good choices. Red Son is pretty damn good, and Kingdom Come is ****ing outstanding.

Batman is, of course, best in it.
You don't mess with the Zohan is so funny xD loved the last 10-15 minutes of it

Not a smallville fan but may just draft myself in to watch Season 10 and see how it ends, watched it intermittently all over the place whenever it's on

I've also just gotten into 'Castle', Nathan Fillion's awesome, he's really good with comedic timing and being a lead in general but yeah I quite like it
Reply 445
Original post by yokabasha
Watched 3:10 to Yuma yesterday loved it so much, thought it was better than True Grit.

Watching You don't mess with the Zohan now, so funny at times, don't normally do stupid funny, but this is hilarious. The main guy is so awesome, I think he could take Jason Bourne, he's that skilled :biggrin:

Me too! Was 3:10 to Yuma on Five or FilmFour, I don't remember? It actually made me well up in the end, when Christian Bale dies. So good.

Guess what. I'm watching You Don't Mess With The Zohan now too! Makes me want to become hairdresser... NOT. But, it's still very funny!
Kingdom Come :coma:
Reply 447
Nope, not been watching it at all. I'm the same as you, but yeah planning on watching it soon. Something oddly satisfying, when catching up, about not having to wait another week for the next episode. It should raise the anticipation for Snyder's film.

Exactly! But that pesky 70 minutes limit on Megavideo can be a nuisance sometimes!

Good plan man! I might watch the very first Superman films. Good old Terrance Stamp, what a legend!
Original post by lukejoshjedi
You don't mess with the Zohan is so funny xD loved the last 10-15 minutes of it

Not a smallville fan but may just draft myself in to watch Season 10 and see how it ends, watched it intermittently all over the place whenever it's on

I've also just gotten into 'Castle', Nathan Fillion's awesome, he's really good with comedic timing and being a lead in general but yeah I quite like it

I was watching Castle before it was cool, tbh :pierre:
Original post by Jace Falco
Good choices. Red Son is pretty damn good, and Kingdom Come is ****ing outstanding.

Batman is, of course, best in it.

Glad you approve. :biggrin: Delving into all these in June. Red Son seems to have a very interesting premise and Kingdom Come sounds exciting. Though I'm best checking out the background of some DC heroes as cambo suggested a while back.

In your opinion, (in addition to Dark Knight Returns, Year One, The Killing Joke) is Long Halloween also worth checking out?
Glad you approve. :biggrin: Delving into all these in June. Red Son seems to have a very interesting premise and Kingdom Come sounds exciting. Though I'm best checking out the background of some DC heroes as cambo suggested a while back.

In your opinion, (in addition to Dark Knight Returns, Year One, The Killing Joke) is Long Halloween also worth checking out?

Definitely! And Dark Victory, which is the sequel to The Long Halloween. Haunted Knight is by the same guys, in the same general continuity, and worth it if you can spare the time/money.
Machete is freakin' awesome. My opinion of Robert Rodriguez has skyrocketed over the last week.

Hilarious Review

If it had not been preceded by ANTICHRIST, MACHETE probably would be the worst movie ever made. Not only is it full of gruesome, despicable, extremely bloody violence, graphic nudity, extreme sex, racism, and Anti-American content, it is also very poorly acted and directed.

:awesome:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 452
Original post by yokabasha
Lol yh it was on Five, what's up with Channel 5 actually showing good films suddenly?

I thought it was! And because all the rest of the stuff is totally dog****. =]
Reply 453
Original post by Phalanges
Ha, I'm completely the opposite in that I can see ideas and flesh them out but I lack the technical know-how (and the technology). I would definitely be up for a joint effort if you were interested. :ninja:

Without a doubt I am. One of the prizes is a years supply of beer. :coma: 15 months till the deadline so plenty of time to actually get something together.
Oh herro. :smile:
Yo

Rumour on twitter going around that Jackie Chan is dead. don't believe it.
Original post by lukejoshjedi
Yo

Rumour on twitter going around that Jackie Chan is dead. don't believe it.

Plus the "news article" was apparently posted... in 12 hours time from now...this evening... in the US...
Just watched Dogma. The concept is good, not so sure about the execution though. The film could do with being shorter at least. But there were some alright performances and some of the jokes were pretty smart. I'd give it 6/10.
George Lucas... remember that seen where a stormtrooper bangs his head in the door. :rofl:

Whaaaaaaaaat...time to do some Googling. :zomg:

EDIT: Yeah, I think that's definitely a myth. :tongue:

Yes! I love that so much!

Think I'm going to watch Top Hat tonight. Fred and Ginger :love:
Reply 459
Original post by elisabethbridge
Just watched Dogma. The concept is good, not so sure about the execution though. The film could do with being shorter at least. But there were some alright performances and some of the jokes were pretty smart. I'd give it 6/10.

Ahh, that's Kevin Smith in a nutshell, really. Fantastic writer and ideas man, horrible director. Still have a lot of affection for his work, though. :daydreaming:

Hello jaydoh.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending