The Student Room Group

What is the point of relationships?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
why are you on anon? ashamed of what you said?
theres tones of points to having relationships :smile:
Reply 21
Original post by Fight-or-Flight
No I'm a medic but I want to get my BSc in psychology, if I pass the pre-clinical years of course :colonhash:

are you doing psychology? :h: cool

oh wow cool :eek: ..lucky you ...im still in college unfortunetly and doing As psychology (not that good at it, my type of subject=science lol)

im sure youll pass the pre-clinical years, you sound like your a very intelligent person :biggrin:
Reply 22
Original post by Gemma16
why are you on anon? ashamed of what you said?
theres tones of points to having relationships :smile:

I duno my ex screwed with my head, i didn't really want to broadcast that with my name and have more complications there...
Soz for the thred, people have heard it before blahblah.. im just having a really bad day.
Reply 23
When you've been in love, you'll know. A good relationship makes the whole world seem a brighter place.

ello :tongue:

Original post by a_t

lol someone just got rejected by their crush

not quite. i've been talking to my 'crush' and the feelings are mutual.
you're so mean to meeee :cry:
Reply 25
Original post by MovingOn
When you've been in love, you'll know. A good relationship makes the whole world seem a brighter place.

Untill it falls in a downward spiral and you get drunken texts from him now hes with another girl saying he still loves you... thats great :s-smilie:
Reply 26
married couple's tax breaks and being able to sign your assets in your partners name for when you're about to be declared bankrupt.
Reply 27
Original post by Peachykeen09
ello :tongue:

It never fails to work.

Joey Tribiana:adore:

Out of curiosity, are you in the states studying or are you american.
Original post by d_star
oh wow cool :eek: ..lucky you ...im still in college unfortunetly and doing As psychology (not that good at it, my type of subject=science lol)

im sure youll pass the pre-clinical years, you sound like your a very intelligent person :biggrin:

ahh right
Thank you and you sound like a nice person
:shakehand:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 29
Original post by Anonymous
Untill it falls in a downward spiral and you get drunken texts from him now hes with another girl saying he still loves you... thats great :s-smilie:

You see, that's my point, that wouldn't happen in a good relationship and you wouldn't be feeling like you are now about the whole idea of being in a r/ship. :smile:
Reply 30

not quite. i've been talking to my 'crush' and the feelings are mutual.
you're so mean to meeee :cry:

:colonhash:

I'm only mean to people I spar against, not children on the internet, if I'm a bit blunt and I hurt your little feelings I apologize
Original post by 419
It never fails to work.

Joey Tribiana:adore:

Out of curiosity, are you in the states studying or are you american.

i am ahmayreecan

Original post by a_t
:colonhash:

I'm only mean to people I spar against, not children on the internet, if I'm a bit blunt and I hurt your little feelings I apologize

i wasn't being serious! :laugh: you're probably not that much older than me :colonhash:
is this **** even real? ugh, my generation makes me die inside.
You are only truly with yourself within the Other.
Reply 34
Original post by MovingOn
You see, that's my point, that wouldn't happen in a good relationship and you wouldn't be feeling like you are now about the whole idea of being in a r/ship. :smile:

Yes I know this... im not completely stupid im just angry and upset and thinking what the hell am i doing with myself and trying to justify the fact i slept with a friend after my ex sent me texts because I was so upset and then trying to tell myself i have no feelings for said friend as it was just meaningless sex but he was all we should see each other again but as they have just gotten into a relationship thats a no and they arn't really talking to me anymore because of this.
And telling myself I havn't become a slut i am just hurt but since I have done this and made out with people I shouldn't chances of me getting into a relationship is about zilch and the only guys im interested in are players and completely self centred not people who are actully decent personality wise and which just makes me feel stupid and shallow and i think maybe i only see relationships now as sex but not being called a slut.
So.... I come on here and start a thread... probably not the best way to vent but I am just so arghgH and had someone with sever depression asking me out earlier and I was trying to say no in the nicest way so i dont tip them over the edge or something... just a really bad day:mad:

No one needed this rant... sorry if you are reading this. I just need to get it out of my system somehow...:s-smilie: Thread is completely pointless along with this post.
Sorry.
Original post by a_t
lol it doesn't matter, its good that you've had those experiences, and it sounds cliche and trite when you talk about them sometimes but what does that matter? They're some of the sweetest periods of your life!

:sadnod:
If you want there to be a point, then there always is....otherwise there doesnt have to be (open relationships etc)

...but it's pretty simple, if you like someone, you have a relationship with them, where you share and do things together, express feelings, have fun and enjoy yourselves... if it's just with one person you become a lot closer to them. If you're not getting much from the relationship or you dont like the person...then there's no point being in one.

It shouldnt really matter, you're not with him anymore and he has a gf now...so just ignore it.
Reply 37

i wasn't being serious! :laugh: you're probably not that much older than me :colonhash:

I was talking about mental age :h:
Reply 38
Original post by When will I know?

It shouldnt really matter, you're not with him anymore and he has a gf now...so just ignore it.

Yes I KNOW im just being stupid. Above anon post is why this whole thread started, i dont even know what im on about just feel like **** (Y)
Ok, maybe I have just become a total cynic since my ex split with me after our crappy 2year fail of a relationship based mainly on sex...
Maybe it's because I felt I got exactly the same feeling as that "relationship" with a one night stand without the guy making me feel like crap...
Maybe I am missing something, but what is the point of relationships?:s-smilie:

The point?

Sex

:smug:

Quick Reply

Latest