The Student Room Group

Have I ruined my degree?

I'm in my second year of French, Italian and Spanish. Throughout the year I have returned home on the weekends to work which has taken its toll, my sleep habits have changed and I struggle to get up untill the early afternoon, consequently missing lectures. My recent marks for a french oral = 54% and italian oral = 36% :frown:
Have I ruined my degree? I'd like to graduate with a 2:1.
Original post by Terry J
I'm in my second year of French, Italian and Spanish. Throughout the year I have returned home on the weekends to work which has taken its toll, my sleep habits have changed and I struggle to get up untill the early afternoon, consequently missing lectures. My recent marks for a french oral = 54% and italian oral = 36% :frown:
Have I ruined my degree? I'd like to graduate with a 2:1.

Not necessarily - how important is your second year in terms of final marks? There is also still time to pull it back, although you'd have to be motivated. Hope this helps!
Reply 2
all the coursework / in class tests that I have missed have been worth 5-6% but it all adds up. In 4th year everything will have double weighting.
Plus in 4th year i'm going to have to achieve higher just to pass as I have already missed quite a lot of my second year.
There is also my dissertations next year which should help hopefully!!
You just need to get your act together and start attending classes. Forget about the tests you've missed and concentrate on what's yet to come. I'm sure you can do it but it may take some work :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending