The Student Room Group

Can i use UCAS when...

Can i use UCAS next year, to apply for a university place next year, even if i will be concurrently studying an undergrad course at a different uni?
In other words, is UCAS only available to those who are not at uni?

I think there is a similar post to this, but i couldn't find any!

thanks for your help!
Yeah you can use it. I have done.
Reply 2
Yes, you can. I am right now! :p:
Reply 3
Original post by sammy9214
Yeah you can I am doing at the minute :smile:

that's good news! where are you now then/and where are you applying too?
Reply 4
Original post by kizzz!
Yes, you can. I am right now! :p:

ohh cool, does your uni need to know? where are you at the moment then?
Original post by Edmund Darling
ohh cool, does your uni need to know? where are you at the moment then?

Your application will look a lot better if you can have a reference from a current uni tutor supporting your decision to change uni/course.
Reply 6
I just did this so yes you can definately do it, and I got a university tutor to write my reference.

What I will say though, is unlike when applying for first year when you weren't at university, I would contact the admissions tutors directly and the university you wish to go to.

If your looking at a transfer, UCAS isn't always needed.

If your wanted to start fresh from first year, quite often if you contact them directly they will alter their entry requirements and take into consideration the modules you have done (an APL application). (For example, I have very mediocre A Levels but when I was looking to transfer, a couple of red brick universities gave me offers for first year as they would take my high grades at university into consideration over my A Levels).

So if I where you, I would by all means use UCAS but try and contact a course leader directly too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending