The Student Room Group

Misfits

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2860
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Ha ha on 17th ish I think :perv:

I'll see if I have a weekend off before then :hubba:

For your jailbreak thing, did you head to Dover? Passing through Faversham and Canterbury by any chance?
Original post by hobo06
I'll see if I have a weekend off before then :hubba:

For your jailbreak thing, did you head to Dover? Passing through Faversham and Canterbury by any chance?

Indeed we did get a train from london to dover passing through faversham and canterbury :smile:
Reply 2862
Indeed we did get a train from london to dover passing through faversham and canterbury :smile:

I live in a village just outside Faversham, you were only a couple of miles away from me!
Original post by hobo06
I live in a village just outside Faversham, you were only a couple of miles away from me!

:hubba: so close to my husband, yet so far :moon:

at reading you weren't even a fellow misfits threader!
Reply 2864
:hubba: so close to my husband, yet so far :moon:

at reading you weren't even a fellow misfits threader!

We first met in last year's Reading thread, you fell for my cross dressing ways, and fate brought us together in this thread :love:
Original post by hobo06
We first met in last year's Reading thread, you fell for my cross dressing ways, and fate brought us together in this thread :love:

And now we've seen each other in the Waterloo Road thread too :lovie:
Original post by hobo06
:blah:

Another thing dear sir.

If you could refrain from grunting too whilst you're engaged in coitus with GreenEyes too (I am aware that will be a hard task as even I have my breath taken away when I see her) as it is quite off putting.

Oh I do love happy endings :')

P.S. HD Camera please.
Reply 2867
And now we've seen each other in the Waterloo Road thread too :lovie:

All the more proof that it was meant to be!

Original post by Willum Infanta
Another thing dear sir.

If you could refrain from grunting too whilst you're engaged in coitus with GreenEyes too (I am aware that will be a hard task as even I have my breath taken away when I see her) as it is quite off putting.

Oh I do love happy endings :')

P.S. HD Camera please.

I shall try my best!

Right I need to try get some sleep, work at 7am :frown: shall try not to sleep through my alarm this time...
Good night!
Original post by hobo06
All the more proof that it was meant to be!

I shall try my best!

Right I need to try get some sleep, work at 7am :frown: shall try not to sleep through my alarm this time...
Good night!

Hope you didn't sleep through your alarm hun :smile: still, gotta be better than night shifts!

Any luck on the job hunt yet?
Jailbreak vid for you guys

Enjoy and don't mock too much!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2870
Hope you didn't sleep through your alarm hun :smile: still, gotta be better than night shifts!

Any luck on the job hunt yet?

I set 2 alarms to make sure I got up...woke up from the first, remembered I'd set another so went back to sleep for 15mins, meant less time to get ready, but I've already discovered I can get up and to work within 20mins :biggrin:

Eurgh...the job hunting...when I was on my 2 weeks off my manager rung me to tell me I would have an interview my first week back for the management training I applied for over 2 months ago. I was told a manager from another store would do the interview, and would ring in the week to confirm. I also heard (from another manager at that store, who happens to be my ex, so I often get a lot of information from her, I'd consider her quite a reliable source) that unless I screw up the interview big time, they'd pretty much already decided that I had the job. Queue the excitement of finally getting somewhere after working there over 5 years, and pretty much giving up with the job hunt.
So this should have been last week...I heard nothing. Asked my manager about it and he said it's probably due to a bad visit we had, meaning we've had support from other stores, and the store I was supposed to be going to being short staffed having to support us, thus delaying it slightly. Fair enough.
Today I find out from another manager at another store that there was an assessment day last week for the management training...the first I heard of it. He found it odd that I wasn't there, but said it has been known in the past for some people to be interviewed separately from the main group assessment thing. So I have no idea what's going on at the moment. The day of this assessment was the same day my ex had heard I would have the interview...so this could either mean there was a major breakdown in communication, leaving me under the impression I was having a one on one interview, waiting to be contacted, when in fact I should have been at this assessment day. Or, it has just been delayed, and I'm still waiting to be contacted.
Apparently my manager also told another member of staff that if my interview were to have been last week, he wouldn't have allowed me to go due to needing me to support the store after the bad visit. So I wouldn't be surprised if he knew of this assessment and decided not to even tell me. He's not been there long, but I've made up my mind, he's an ********. Especially after ringing me earlier, soon after I got home from work, because he apparently had no idea about the amount of work that won't be done in time for a visit tomorrow, despite me telling him this morning, but that I must be 'reasonably happy' with it for leaving when my shift ended. He'd soon be complaining if I'd stayed and they over spent on payroll.

That phone call was kind of the last straw. I'm back on the job websites this evening. I'll be questioning him about this assessment day tomorrow, and if I don't get answers I'll be calling the manager I thought was interviewing me myself to find out what's going on. If I have no interview then I'll be telling him where to shove the job.

sorry about all that...regret asking? :p:

Jailbreak vid for you guys

Enjoy and don't mock too much!

:awesome:
Original post by hobo06
I set 2 alarms to make sure I got up...woke up from the first, remembered I'd set another so went back to sleep for 15mins, meant less time to get ready, but I've already discovered I can get up and to work within 20mins :biggrin:

Eurgh...the job hunting...when I was on my 2 weeks off my manager rung me to tell me I would have an interview my first week back for the management training I applied for over 2 months ago. I was told a manager from another store would do the interview, and would ring in the week to confirm. I also heard (from another manager at that store, who happens to be my ex, so I often get a lot of information from her, I'd consider her quite a reliable source) that unless I screw up the interview big time, they'd pretty much already decided that I had the job. Queue the excitement of finally getting somewhere after working there over 5 years, and pretty much giving up with the job hunt.
So this should have been last week...I heard nothing. Asked my manager about it and he said it's probably due to a bad visit we had, meaning we've had support from other stores, and the store I was supposed to be going to being short staffed having to support us, thus delaying it slightly. Fair enough.
Today I find out from another manager at another store that there was an assessment day last week for the management training...the first I heard of it. He found it odd that I wasn't there, but said it has been known in the past for some people to be interviewed separately from the main group assessment thing. So I have no idea what's going on at the moment. The day of this assessment was the same day my ex had heard I would have the interview...so this could either mean there was a major breakdown in communication, leaving me under the impression I was having a one on one interview, waiting to be contacted, when in fact I should have been at this assessment day. Or, it has just been delayed, and I'm still waiting to be contacted.
Apparently my manager also told another member of staff that if my interview were to have been last week, he wouldn't have allowed me to go due to needing me to support the store after the bad visit. So I wouldn't be surprised if he knew of this assessment and decided not to even tell me. He's not been there long, but I've made up my mind, he's an ********. Especially after ringing me earlier, soon after I got home from work, because he apparently had no idea about the amount of work that won't be done in time for a visit tomorrow, despite me telling him this morning, but that I must be 'reasonably happy' with it for leaving when my shift ended. He'd soon be complaining if I'd stayed and they over spent on payroll.

That phone call was kind of the last straw. I'm back on the job websites this evening. I'll be questioning him about this assessment day tomorrow, and if I don't get answers I'll be calling the manager I thought was interviewing me myself to find out what's going on. If I have no interview then I'll be telling him where to shove the job.

sorry about all that...regret asking? :p:

:awesome:

I regret asking only because I cannot comfort you with more than a few little typed words and emoticons :jumphug: :lovehug: :lovie:
D'you want me to go hurt your dick of a manager for you? I can be evil if I need to be!
My jailbreak team semi joked that we only got so far because I'm scary...
I love youuuuuuu :love:
Reply 2872
I regret asking only because I cannot comfort you with more than a few little typed words and emoticons :jumphug: :lovehug: :lovie:
D'you want me to go hurt your dick of a manager for you? I can be evil if I need to be!
My jailbreak team semi joked that we only got so far because I'm scary...
I love youuuuuuu :love:

The words and emoticons are much appreciated, love you too! :lovie:
One of the girls at work has already offered to hit him for me (and she doesn't even know about the phone call yet)...but he can't fire you for it :biggrin:

Did it go something like 'Let us on this train or you'll be riding under it!'
Original post by hobo06
The words and emoticons are much appreciated, love you too! :lovie:
One of the girls at work has already offered to hit him for me (and she doesn't even know about the phone call yet)...but he can't fire you for it :biggrin:

Did it go something like 'Let us on this train or you'll be riding under it!'

Indeed he cannot fire me for it...I QUIT (okay well I was never working to start with, but I've always wanted to say that line and dramatically sweep out of somewhere)

Ha ha I think it's the fact I sound very BBC yet have a death stare and also use intense blackmail "It's for charity, are you really saying that having 4 extra people on your train in order to raise money for poor starving children in Africa is not possible?"
Reply 2874
Indeed he cannot fire me for it...I QUIT (okay well I was never working to start with, but I've always wanted to say that line and dramatically sweep out of somewhere)

Ha ha I think it's the fact I sound very BBC yet have a death stare and also use intense blackmail "It's for charity, are you really saying that having 4 extra people on your train in order to raise money for poor starving children in Africa is not possible?"

Hopefully I won't go as far as using that line tomorrow...but I could be close. Should really get another job first with everything I need to pay for over summer.

Ah fair play, guilt trip those stingy bastards!
Original post by hobo06
Hopefully I won't go as far as using that line tomorrow...but I could be close. Should really get another job first with everything I need to pay for over summer.

Ah fair play, guilt trip those stingy bastards!

I'm sure you'll manage to sort something out :lovie2: I'm doing massive job search at the min, nowhere in Cambridge or Glasgow wants to hire me though!!

Indeed, they deserved the guilt!
Whatdoya'llthink?

Original post by spacepirate-James
Whatdoya'llthink?

I had to google Jamie Woon to check he was someone famous and not you James :tongue:
I had to google Jamie Woon to check he was someone famous and not you James :tongue:

you'll never know. I could be him :colone:
Original post by spacepirate-James
you'll never know. I could be him :colone:

Nope you're not =D

Quick Reply

Latest