The Student Room Group

Is East London really THAT dangerous?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chapling
I asked my friend and she said Ilford is one of the worse parts, and Hainault and Barkingside are better.

Agreed totally.
Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo
:rofl:
It's basically a combo of:

and

Acknayyyy
It's not that dangerous, but it is pretty ****.
Yes, some parts of East London are dodgy. I personally can't stand Leyton myself, or Ilford.
Rainham can be ok but it's largely BNP :/
My cousins house had a brick thrown through their wall
other than that they seem to be livin' fine
Original post by ajp100688
I got shanked twice last week and some OAP tried to sell me crack outside my local underground station. It's a jungle out there man.

It is man. That same OAP went on to shank 15 people. And there's no police here. This is no man's land.

Bring a tool if you want to come to East London, we have rappin' grannies and dub-steppin rusty shanking mudda ****in' OAPs at every turn.
Original post by oh-my-diddy
It is down Walthamstow. If you come down here, you'll probably get shanked and raped under this bridge near my house. It's like the norm now. People just casually stroll past people who are getting shanked.

My, my, it's gone to the dogs (and the dogs are gone! :awesome:) I remember when we sold our house and were told we could ask for more because Walthamstow was tipped to become a trendy area. :eek3:
Yes.

As soon as you step past the sign you get ambushed by a group of hoodies and get slashed up before they curb-stomp your face.
it is not dangerous,but it's not the safest either.

not the prettiest place to live, but it's actually still an improvement over where i used to live in my homecountry.......now THAT was bad.
Original post by Phalange
LOL someone just had to par Walthamstow

As long as you don't go out at dodgy times alone, you'll be fine

Oh, are you from Walthamstow? We're trying to build a club of people who live or used to live there.
Reply 49
Isn't Walthamstow more North than East? Why has it come up in this thread at all?
Original post by FinalFlash

Original post by FinalFlash
The bridge in Billet round about?

i'm not going to tell you. you might hunt me down and rape me and my lucky draws are in the wash.
Original post by TheSownRose

Original post by TheSownRose
My, my, it's gone to the dogs (and the dogs are gone! :awesome:) I remember when we sold our house and were told we could ask for more because Walthamstow was tipped to become a trendy area. :eek3:

lol yes unfortunetly. god knows whats happened to it now lol

looooooooool yeah right. bridges that are near to collapsing and rust emerging from every nook and cranny everywhere, thats not the kind of trendy i was expecting.
Reply 52
Original post by und
Isn't Walthamstow more North than East? Why has it come up in this thread at all?

North-East. I live in Leytonstone and wouldn't consider Leytonstone part of East London let alone Walthamstow, which is nowhere near the core of what people mean by 'East London.'
Original post by ajp100688
North-East. I live in Leytonstone and wouldn't consider Leytonstone part of East London let alone Walthamstow, which is nowhere near the core of what people mean by 'East London.'

I'd consider it east, considering it is East 17...

Spoiler

LOL someone just had to par Walthamstow

As long as you don't go out at dodgy times alone, you'll be fine

dodgy times. yeah thats true. when i'm comin bk frm uni at 8/8.30, man has to be holdin his bum and walking in a 360 degree motion like, keeping an eye out everywhere.
Original post by Rodion Raskolnikow
Do you even know east london?

Some parts of East London are certaintly quite dangerous

Do I know East London?

Hmmmmm. Does the 'QMUL 3rd year' in my signature not give you a bit of a clue about that?
Original post by oh-my-diddy
lol yes unfortunetly. god knows whats happened to it now lol

looooooooool yeah right. bridges that are near to collapsing and rust emerging from every nook and cranny everywhere, thats not the kind of trendy i was expecting.

Shame - it was the only classy thing about the place.

Yeah, I doubted it had become trendy when my friends and I watched a terrorist raid on TV and I could say, "Oh, I walked past that on my way to school!" :rolleyes:
Reply 57
lol, no its not. go out and look for trouble it will find you, just like anywhere. it just finds you faster.
Reply 58
A bullet proof jacket will be most dearest to you.
Reply 59
Depends on the area; most places are bad if you don't know how to handle yourself or bring too much attention to yourself... mind your own business and most of the time you'll be alright :wink: keep surviving (Y)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending