The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Worse thing is, why are people even bothering with them? Some people just have too much time on their hands. :colonhash:
Original post by spikeymike

Whats up with it? (We do have the same laptop after all :rolleyes: )

It keeps shutting down after the POST screen, saying it's overheated, even though most of the time when it does this, it's actually been off for hours or days.
Original post by Tathrim
Ugh, bloody Facebook polls.

Original post by Ape Gone Insane
:ditto:

If the 30 Day challenge wasn't bad enough, now the polls are flooding the homepage newsfeed.

Original post by The Stig
The polls are so ruddy stupid as well, it's all nonsense like:

What's better:
- North
- Midlands
- South

:shifty:

Worse thing is, why are people even bothering with them? Some people just have too much time on their hands. :colonhash:

Just don't have facebook... :pierre:

Spoiler

Original post by secretmessages
It keeps shutting down after the POST screen, saying it's overheated, even though most of the time when it does this, it's actually been off for hours or days.

Sounds like you've got a dodgy thermal sensor and the BIOS is taking preventative action to shut the machine down due to a temperature that exceeds the maximum operating temperature.

Can you access the BIOS?
Original post by Mad Vlad

Sounds like you've got a dodgy thermal sensor and the BIOS is taking preventative action to shut the machine down due to a temperature that exceeds the maximum operating temperature.

Can you access the BIOS?

I can. Can't find anything interesting in there though. Sometimes it tells me it's too hot so won't boot, but I try immediately after, and no complaints :dontknow: Other times I have to wait up to 30 minutes.
I can. Can't find anything interesting in there though. Sometimes it tells me it's too hot so won't boot, but I try immediately after, and no complaints :dontknow: Other times I have to wait up to 30 minutes.

Either way, it's probably not user serviceable... :frown:

Try speedfan to see whether any of the temperature sensors are totally off the grid.

Either way, it's probably not user serviceable... :frown:

Try speedfan to see whether any of the temperature sensors are totally off the grid.

Good idea, I'll do that ta.

I'm going on holiday soon, my warranty expires two days after I'm back, and I don't even know how I'm meant to send it in for repair :mad:
Good idea, I'll do that ta.

I'm going on holiday soon, my warranty expires two days after I'm back, and I don't even know how I'm meant to send it in for repair :mad:

Phone the manufacturer and ask their advice. Make sure you get it in for repair before the warranty expires.

Phone the manufacturer and ask their advice. Make sure you get it in for repair before the warranty expires.

Will do. They can't suddenly stop working on it if the warranty expires whilst they've got it, can they? :erm:

I don't think I've ever sent anything for repair before, I've been lucky :p:
Will do. They can't suddenly stop working on it if the warranty expires whilst they've got it, can they? :erm:

Spoiler

:rofl:

Spoiler

:rofl:

:colonhash:

Might make that my new avatar when I get home :smug:

BGT in <2 weeks :awesome: and then TA :awesome::awesome:

I miss the days tech soc was active :rip:

BGT in <2 weeks :awesome: and then TA :awesome::awesome:

:gah:

Busy period. Exams soon.

:gah:

Busy period. Exams soon.

Tell me about it :colonhash: Essay, coursework, project report, and exams :frown: but it's all less stressful than my project so idc :smug:

No. The date of the RMA request is what they use to see if it's still within warranty or not.

BGT in &lt;2 weeks :awesome: and then TA :awesome::awesome:

Sooooooo busy at the moment :frown:

Just passed my Cisco Semester 4 though - 82.4% :awesome:
Just the skills test to do, and then a coursework portfolio, a forensic investigation and my dissertation to write... and 2 exams. :colonhash:

After I've finished though, normal service will be resumed!
No. The date of the RMA request is what they use to see if it's still within warranty or not.

Sooooooo busy at the moment :frown:

Just passed my Cisco Semester 4 though - 82.4% :awesome:
Just the skills test to do, and then a coursework portfolio, a forensic investigation and my dissertation to write... and 2 exams. :colonhash:

After I've finished though, normal service will be resumed!

I have 4 exams. :colonhash: Although, I know some friends who have 6. :lolwut:
Reply 8855
I have 4 exams. :colonhash: Although, I know some friends who have 6. :lolwut:

I've had 6 exams in January, which counted for half the year. Last summer I had 6 exams which counted for the entire year. Now I just have to do my project, which is stressful enough in itself D:
pfff thats nothing, real men have 10 exams.
Anybody come across any good Tech-related April Fools?

Google's April Fools. :teehee:

Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Anybody come across any good Tech-related April Fools?

Google's April Fools. :teehee:

http://www.google.com/landing/csfe/

Latest

Trending

Trending