The Student Room Group

does/has anyone dated someone above their standards

out of interest have you/ do you date anyone that people or yourself may assume to be above above your standards as in extremely better looking :s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It's hard to tell isn't it? I think my ex was though, which is why now my standards are too high and I can't reduce them. It's a curse
I think the whole notion of "standards" is pathetic. Have I ever been with someone who was considerably more attractive than myself? Yes, I think I have but it is obviously very subjective.
Reply 3
This is why I date blind milfs.
I think my boyfriend is out of my league to be fair.... I dont like the idea of a boyfriend being better lookin than me, lol
Reply 5
No, but I've seen it ALOT in other couples. The two most beautiful girls I've ever seen are dating really tubby guys with vomit inducing faces, I'm nowhere near as attractive as these girls yet I wouldnt touch theses guys with a ten foot pole. I guess the guys are the ones having the last laugh though. And the great looking guys I've seen are dating girls with great bodies but also some hideous faces. I'll never understand it but I guess these people see their partners looks differently or are more attracted to personality.
Reply 6
The fact that I've dated at all should probably answer your question.
Reply 7
You can't date someone above perfection, so no.

WHAT. Perfect is my standard
Reply 8
I tend to grossly underestimate myself, and grossly overestimate everybody else. this usually leads to me being really insecure about my looks, going for the guy who is way below my league, and getting rejected by the same for being way out of his. :/
My ex was definitely "out of my league". She is/was HOT HOT HOT. But it's okay because she's a b*tch.
Reply 10
Yes, and it's a curse when you know the attention they'll get when they go out clubbing etc.
Reply 11
I was told once that "you'll never find a man who doesn't have a beautiful wife." Which is a nice way of looking at things, standards are subjective.

But, if you want to be psychological about it there is evidence to suggest that when we meet people we subconsciously rate and compare them to those we know or have met, so you don't tend to date out of your league. The easiest way to test this is get a load of pictures of couples, cut 'em up so that you have a pile of females and a pile of males. Get a friend to rate their attractiveness out of 10. You'll find that as a general rule that the 8's go with the 8's, the 5's go with the 5's and so on. Some of 'em get lucky though :biggrin:.
Reply 12
I think my boyfriend's way out of my league, and he, apparently, thinks I'm out of his. I think that's part of really being in awe of someone though isn't it? They just seem too good.

He's got seriously stinky feet though, so that knocks him down a few pegs.
Reply 13
You probably mean "out of your league"? Standards are like minimum requirements, so obviously everybody seeks someone above their minimum standards (but are sometimes willing to settle for less).

I don't think I've dated someone I'd say was 'out of my league'.
Reply 14
Original post by elstevens
He's got seriously stinky feet though, so that knocks him down a few pegs.

hahahahahaha I hope something can be done about that particular problem? :tongue:
Reply 15
No. I've set a very high standard.
Reply 16
Original post by spritzelme
hahahahahaha I hope something can be done about that particular problem? :tongue:

Oh, me too, but it's been over two years and I'm yet to find a solution. I'm not holding my breath :smile:.

Edit: Haha, or maybe that is the solution... Just holding my breath, or at least not inhaling through my nose. I think we might have solved it!
Reply 17
Original post by elstevens
Oh, me too, but it's been over two years and I'm yet to find a solution. I'm not holding my breath :smile:.

Edit: Haha, or maybe that is the solution... Just holding my breath, or at least not inhaling through my nose. I think we might have solved it!

but is the problem in his feet? or maybe he just needs to wash his shoes? I hope it's the shoes.
Reply 18
Original post by spritzelme
but is the problem in his feet? or maybe he just needs to wash his shoes? I hope it's the shoes.

I think it's just the shoes. It's probably just the shoes...
I can get over it regardless.
I dated this guy that was pretty out of my league tbh, for a couple of months. He was really good looking, athletic etc. He loved my personality, according to him. :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending