The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mlsdbk
Leeds or york uni for insurance.. they both want similar ib grades. I know York arguably has a better reputation as a uni but i know that leeds is very very good for economics hence this year they ask for aaa and that their econ department is really big with good teaching and facilities.. however i still can't decide.. any ideas ??

York has an equally big department. Especially for economics and finance, it opens up a whole load of interesting modules you can take. Leeds has a great name and economics is part of its business school which is also great, the aaa requirements does reflect the popularity of the course but it could signify the university in general as being reputable and is based in a major city, but personally i would choose York due to it having a slightly better reputation as a department and offers some interesting finance and econometrics modules plus it seems more independent as a department while in Leeds its part of its business school so it could have some modules running off tangent with some management courses they offer. Have you had a look at the unis on open days yet?
Reply 2141
Queen Mary or City?
Reply 2142
anyone still waiting to hear from york?
Reply 2143
Original post by Ramin Gorji
York has an equally big department. Especially for economics and finance, it opens up a whole load of interesting modules you can take. Leeds has a great name and economics is part of its business school which is also great, the aaa requirements does reflect the popularity of the course but it could signify the university in general as being reputable and is based in a major city, but personally i would choose York due to it having a slightly better reputation as a department and offers some interesting finance and econometrics modules plus it seems more independent as a department while in Leeds its part of its business school so it could have some modules running off tangent with some management courses they offer. Have you had a look at the unis on open days yet?

no i haven't had a chance but I would like to be in both places i know the cities well :smile: thank though.. i think york too :smile:
Three uncondiotional from Kent ,Essex and Exeter an ideas which one to choose? I am thinking for Essex....
Original post by nontas912
Three uncondiotional from Kent ,Essex and Exeter an ideas which one to choose? I am thinking for Essex....

Exeter.
Exeter, definitely. They have a very strong business school.
Reply 2147

definitely exeter!.. :confused: personally i don't think that the choice is even close! but obviously its up to you if you don't like it at all than don't go for it! but for department, course, reputation, general uni e.t.c exeter by far.. :smile:
Reply 2148

Nightlife wise all are pretty ****, but academics wise it has to be Exeter!! its way ahead of the 2!....but as a place exeter is not so nice and lively
Exeter>Essex>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kent
Reply 2150
yeyyy offer from york! so durham is my firm and york is my insurance! i also have leeds but york over leeds i think?? :smile:
Original post by mlsdbk
yeyyy offer from york! so durham is my firm and york is my insurance! i also have leeds but york over leeds i think?? :smile:

SNAP durham is my firm and york is my insurance :biggrin:
Reply 2152
Original post by Wasnerello
SNAP durham is my firm and york is my insurance :biggrin:

haha yeeyyy! which college? did you like the open day if you went! i'm at Aidan's! it was amaaazing!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2153
1/3/2011: offer from UCL L100, A*AA + pass in AS of 4th subject (A* math)
28/3/2011: offer from Warwick L100 A*AAA

Now I'm torn between UCL and Warwick @______@
Reply 2154
Original post by anne9

Tricky, I'd go UCL but it really comes down to campus vs. london, unless you really like maths, then go for warwick.
Original post by anne9

Warwick has a better rep, but location wise, it's quite far from Warwick town and obviously quieter than London. On the plus, that means accommodation etc is slightly cheaper
I'm Queen Mary for economics didnt get into LSE :frown:
who esle here applied to lse?
need some advice about economics :/
Reply 2157
Original post by Iqbal007
I'm Queen Mary for economics didnt get into LSE :frown:
who esle here applied to lse?
need some advice about economics :/

You should never rely on an offer from somewhere so volatile. Where else did you apply?
Reply 2158
Original post by anne9

I'd choose UCL if I were you unless you really want to be in a campus
UCAS officially done for me (phew) Good luck to who is still waiting, deciding or those with exams coming.

Latest

Trending

Trending