The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Neymar looks like a player and a half though, kinda like a more explosive Messi.

I hope Capello doesnt play Wilshere to much against Ghana though either, would be stupid. Especially if he also goes to the U21's championship. FFS how many of those U21's have played 2 legs against in the CL QF's against Barca?

Not dissing em, but they have not, and Jack has! Therefore jack stays

/rant
Original post by PlasticBag
Neymar looks like a player and a half though, kinda like a more explosive Messi.

I hope Capello doesnt play Wilshere to much against Ghana though either, would be stupid. Especially if he also goes to the U21's championship. FFS how many of those U21's have played 2 legs against in the CL QF's against Barca?

Not dissing em, but they have not, and Jack has! Therefore jack stays

/rant

Jack hasn't actually played in a CL QF either, tbf.

Also, he's said he wants to play in Euros, and it's basically the same as him playing pre-season games for Arsenal so I don't see the issue.
I think the issue is the same as with players having played in the World Cup prior to this season - plus they're training to the country's tactics/style rather than Arsenal's.

There was a marked difference in the form of Nasri/Walcott compared to Fabregas/Van Persie at the very start of the season.
Cesc and RVP were carrying knocks, tbf, their respective international duty had little to do with their form. Also, Wenger and his management team should be used to dealing with players after international tournaments, given that they occur at least every two years.
Reply 7724
Original post by Kevmeister
Cesc and RVP were carrying knocks, tbf, their respective international duty had little to do with their form. Also, Wenger and his management team should be used to dealing with players after international tournaments, given that they occur at least every two years.

Don't know if your're having a dig at Wenger's management style but its known that players that don't play in a summer tournament after a long season generally start off the season much better than does that did. It applies to all team. Personally in a perfect world i think I'd be good for Jack to play in it but on planet earth, he should go to some beach instead ffs.
On one hand you could say look at Fernando Torres, who was embarassingly poor for all but about 2 games this year... but that cannot be anything to do with the WC because look at Villa, who played more minuted but continues to lead the line in a very energetic Barca team... and does very well following a WC where he did tremendously. Not related.

I firmly believe that any players under 30 have sweet FA reason to complain about fatigue for more than about a week after the tournament ends.

Sure there's a good workout there, but for most people even a heavy workout is out of the muscles within a week... unless they get a proper injury.
Original post by Hot Bobby Darling
got tickets for the blackburn game, clock end get in!

Do you have Red Membership?
Original post by Kevmeister
Nil. He was watching an u-7s game in Peru France.

Fixed :p:
Apparently Clichy's off to Juve. £14 mil.. Definitely see it happening.
Reply 7729
Don't really see why Clichy would go or why Arsenal would sell him tbh :dontknow:

It is not like there is an abundance of even above average full backs out there. You would probably have to go in for Coentrau, which is something I doubt Wenger would do due to cost.
Original post by Mess.
Don't really see why Clichy would go or why Arsenal would sell him tbh :dontknow:

It is not like there is an abundance of even above average full backs out there. You would probably have to go in for Coentrau, which is something I doubt Wenger would do due to cost.

Well he's had an up and down season IMO, so I think WEnger's holding out on a new deal (i.e. pay rise), so he'll go else where.

Fullbacks are a position that you don't need a big star, Backary Sagna cost 8 million from Auxerre and no-one had heard of him and he's class.
Original post by Mr Smurf
Fixed :p:

No no, Wenger is now casting his net further afield.
Reply 7732
Wouldn't be amazingly bothered if Clichy went he is accident prone especially playing people onside and just too inconsistent really, last of the invincibles though
Reply 7733
JK.
OP
Original post by Mess.

It's frustrating that so many people don't seem to recognise exactly this, I shouldn't really give a **** but there is no sense to replacing Clichy. At all.
Come on you gunners! time to win the league again, its been too long since the Invincibles
Reply 7735
Original post by Hantheman
Apparently Clichy's off to Juve. £14 mil.. Definitely see it happening.

I can't see this anywhere reliable - what's your source?

And I can't see it happening at all. Not only would it be stupid, it wouldn't be like Wenger to sell a player at this stage.

On another note, Lehman could play for the reserves tonight - I think if he does, it might be an indication that Wenger is planning to incorporate him into a more significant role. Also, I didn't know Aliadiere was training with us...
Reply 7736
Original post by Abiraleft

And I can't see it happening at all. Not only would it be stupid, it wouldn't be like Wenger to sell a player at this stage.

On another note, Lehman could play for the reserves tonight - I think if he does, it might be an indication that Wenger is planning to incorporate him into a more significant role. Also, I didn't know Aliadiere was training with us...

How did Mad Jens do and since when has Aliadiere started training with us- didn't he go all bitter/ anti-Arsenal when he left?
Original post by Abiraleft

It's doing the rounds on the twitter and blogs. Plus it's been in the gossip columns for months now. Sky Sports have reported for months that we're not rising to his wage demands. It's not exactly new rumours.

Hah, I got negged for that, is Clichy's stalker on here or something?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 7738
Original post by 419
How did Mad Jens do and since when has Aliadiere started training with us- didn't he go all bitter/ anti-Arsenal when he left?

I believe that game is tonight. :wink:

That's what I thought as well, so I was a bit surprised. Then again, I suppose Pires joined us to train as well in the summer. They all come crying back, every last one of them :colonhash:.
I think it hit home to Aliadiere that he isn't fit enough - Newcastle signed Shefki Kuqi over him for that sole reason.

Latest