The Student Room Group

How do you know how attractive you are?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Well I've been called good-looking a small handful of times, one person has said I look like a model, nobody has called me ugly. Most people are just neutral though. Isn't it harder for guys anyway, because we don't get the privilege of getting 'approached' as much as girls? Nevertheless, you shouldn't expect to be 'approached' just because you're a girl. That's the kind of thing I hate.
Original post by DLJ
Try to avoid mirrors and ****, 'cause they reverse your face. Webcams are supposed to show you what you really look like. I've read they're quite accurate.

Do they? :lolwut:
Reply 42
Original post by f00ddude
If you have to ask... not very

LMAO. But being serious for a min, if you're getting attention from alot of guys/girls it's USUALLY a giveaway... other than that the usual stuff...facebook pic likes, complements etc... just do yo thang anyways!
some girl at my school gets like over 100 likes and a lot of comments. it's like...amazing. she's gorgeous though so it's understandable.
For a woman, knowing if you're attractive or not is incredibly simple. Walk down the street, dressed decently (nothing revealing, as already said), some make-up at least, and see how much attention you get. A lot? You're stunning. A little? You're average.

For a guy, women don't assess guys as guys do women (or they're better at hiding their sly glances :wink:), so it can be harder to gauge. Me personally, I would say I'm good looking in the average sense. I dress differently (not absurdly, attention seeking different), whilst keeping my own style. So, in that sense, I'm probably more attractive amongst the more average men. I'd be blowing smoke up my own arse if I were to say I was 8, 9/10 potential model material.

Oh, and people often overestimate their own attraction. I realise it's entirely subject-- different strokes for different folks and all that, though their is obviously a base level of attraction; something that would appeal to the vast majority of others on at least some level.
Reply 45
different for guys, i base it on the number of looks i get in the street and other guys staring...a lot
Can you really know?! Everyone finds different things attractive and also as others have said attention isn't always the best indicator. I know the kind of guys I find really attractive are of a type, I know people that agree with me but plenty that don't. All subjective, if your happy with yourself don't worry about it.
Reply 47
Original post by Kimbo99

Unless a girl looks like Tori Black, she is a disgrace and a waste of space.

Trufax.
Reply 48
If you're not sure whether you're attractive or not that usually means you're in the average range, some people might find you gorgeous but most probably find you average. When you're one of those people thats a 10 or close to it you will ALWAYS know even if you dont actually find yourself that attractive. You can get the opposite though where there is someone who is really unattractive yet they have a higher opinion of themselves than others.
Reply 49
I'm average really not attractive or ugly, I guess like someone said the amount of attention you get....
It has little to do with how attractive you are, and more about how CONFIDENT you are. You can be the most beautiful person in the world, but if you yourself don't think so, then the guy will pick up on that right away.

What is NOT attractive is worrying about attractiveness.
Reply 51
Original post by spazman21
Do they? :lolwut:

Pretty much. It make sense really. If you hold your right hand up the mirror shows your left :smile:.
Original post by DLJ
Pretty much. It make sense really. If you hold your right hand up the mirror shows your left :smile:.

You know nothing about optical physics.
Reply 53
Original post by spazman21
You know nothing about optical physics.

Ohh, that's for pointing that out, I'm afraid I didn't take physics at A-Level...
I was told by somebody that mirrors reverse your facial image. What's your ****ing problem mate? Ignorance is a vice my friend...
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Ventura7
your called stunning, hot and get a fair amount of male attention, sorry but get over yourself and stop looking for attention.

I negged you mostly for the wrong form of you're. When will people learn?!
Reply 55
The less time it takes to Photoshop yourself to perfection, the more attractive you are :awesome:
Reply 56
"my mummy says I'm special" :tongue:
Original post by DLJ
Ohh, that's for pointing that out, I'm afraid I didn't take physics at A-Level...
I was told by somebody that mirrors reverse your facial image. What's your ****ing problem mate? Ignorance is a vice my friend...

Nor did I. :rolleyes:

And you're friends wrong.
To be honest I have no idea if I'm attractive or hideous.

I think of myself as the latter but who knows really.
Why do girls who have been told numerous times they're good looking, still think they're unattractive and need more validation that they are?? I find this SO annoying!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending