The Student Room Group

Recommend me a good spirit/cocktail drink.

When i'm out, I fancy differing from the usual whiskey and lemonade. Therefore. TSR. My fate lays in your hands.

Rules:

> No rum, don't like that
> No lagers, beers or ciders.

3..2..1 Go!

Scroll to see replies

Cheeky Vimtos! Port, blue WKD and lemonade. Tastes dangerously good.
Pint of fun:
Double vodka, orange vk and lemonade

Pint of magic:
Blue wkd + half a pint of cider

Gin + lemonade + lime juice
2 shots of vodka, 1 shot of archers, equal amounts of orange and cranberry juice. yuuum :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
ITT: poofs

gin&tonic is the only cocktail you will ever need
Reply 5

White Russian: vodka, kahlua and cream.
Reply 6
Original post by uktotalgamer
When i'm out, I fancy differing from the usual whiskey and lemonade. Therefore. TSR. My fate lays in your hands.

Rules:

> No rum, don't like that
> No lagers, beers or ciders.

3..2..1 Go!

Whisky and lemonade is your usual? Have you tried whisky and ginger (its similar but nicer).

But really, gin and tonic is the best answer so far, most cocktails are far too sickly for masculine tastes.

Not even a good quality dark rum? it's quite similar to whisky in many ways.
Reply 7
dr pepper
not the soft drink but the cocktail :smile:
Straight vodka over ice.

And someone mentioned a white russian, but vodka, tia maria and milk can be used instead of vodka, kahlua and cream.
Reply 9
jagerbombss
Reply 10
Just go with the classics. I don't always drink cocktails, but when I do, I prefer an Old Fashioned or a Mojito. Stay thirsty, my friend.
Reply 11
Whisky, and a dash of whisky, with a bit of whisky added in for good measure. Don't forget the whisky.

Also Zubrowka vodka with apple juice.
Try an Old Fashioned or Whiskey Sour.
Reply 13
3 measures of gin (medium dry), 1 measure of vodka, half a measure of kina villet (its not vermouth), served in a chilled martini glass (tall and unsalted), with a large slice of lemon or lime peel

subtle, sophisticated, deadly
Black Russian. :sexface:
MOULIN ROUGE!!!!! I ORDERED ONE AND THEY HAD NO STRAWBERRIES AND THE BARMAN MADE IT WITH RASPBERRIES WITHOUT TELLING ME AND I WAS INFURIATED but then i calmed down because i like raspberries
Reply 16
Vodka Redbull
Vodka cranberry. Nice.
Reply 18
If you want something you can order outside a cocktail bar, try pear vodka and ginger ale? That's more interesting than the usual spirit+mixers, while still obtainable in a fair amount of places. As for cocktails, Brambles (gin, lemon juice, creme de mure) are pretty good, but the fun is in trying new things.

Original post by Kiss.Me.Quick
2 shots of vodka, 1 shot of archers, equal amounts of orange and cranberry juice. yuuum :smile:

Or just call it a Sex on the Beach?

Original post by py0alb
But really, gin and tonic is the best answer so far, most cocktails are far too sickly for masculine tastes.

Erm, who decided that men can't like sweet drinks? There are plenty of cocktails that aren't sweet at all, though.

Original post by espada00
3 measures of gin (medium dry), 1 measure of vodka, half a measure of kina villet (its not vermouth), served in a chilled martini glass (tall and unsalted), with a large slice of lemon or lime peel

subtle, sophisticated, deadly

Especially if you have six on a BA flight on your way to kill some more people on Her Majesty's behalf. :P: Also Kina Lillet doesn't exist anymore.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 19
If you're a beginner to cocktails and want something totally inoffensive that'll taste like dessert, go with a Mississipi Mud Pie or Bushwhacker.

Quick Reply

Latest