The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The immaturity expressed by the OP is beyond belief.
Original post by RightSaidJames
Who's to say that they've gone looking for general advice, found it, but decided it's not good enough so therefore posted their own thread? Granted, not everyone does that, but the point of a forum is for people to make threads.

You just hit the nail on the head :tongue:
In that case, why should I be slated for making just another H&R Thread?? :wink:
Original post by ~*Horse_Mad*~
You just hit the nail on the head :tongue:
In that case, why should I be slated for making just another H&R Thread?? :wink:

Because you are trying to (or at least, it looks like you are) make a thread to end all threads, which, when you consider the serious, complicated and detailed problems that people post in this forum, and the people who spend their time giving their own personal insight in an attempt to help, is just insulting, plain and simple.
Original post by py0alb
Well I didn't know it was rubbish until after I read it, did I? :rolleyes:

And yes, the reason I am taking the time to tell you it was rubbish is so a) other people realise this and seek better advice elsewhere, and b) you realise it and perhaps re-assess your position.

Riiight, so because some TSRers have decided to ignore the purpose of this thread and instead slate it, I should be very sorry for making it and cease trying to help ppl....
Because you lot are obviously far more superior, arent ya :rolleyes:
It's a Forum. There is freedom to post whatever you like, I just thought it might give ppl interesting reading in H&R, as opposed to the same threads over and over again :tongue:
Because you are trying to (or at least, it looks like you are) make a thread to end all threads, which, when you consider the serious, complicated and detailed problems that people post in this forum, and the people who spend their time giving their own personal insight in an attempt to help, is just insulting, plain and simple.

I AM NOT!! Arrrggghhh!! You lot are soooo far up your own backsides it's ridiculous!! :tongue:
I thought it might make interesting reading, as opposed to the same old same old that crops up in H&R - THAT IS ALL!!
I WAS NOT claiming to be able to fix everyone's problems, I WAS NOT making out I'm superior (though everyone else seems to think they are :rolleyes:) - All I was doing was trying to change the boring, miserable tone of H&R, that's all.
Guess I won't bother from now on :wink:
Reply 65
Riiight, so because some TSRers have decided to ignore the purpose of this thread and instead slate it, I should be very sorry for making it and cease trying to help ppl....
It's a Forum. There is freedom to post whatever you like, I just thought it might give ppl interesting reading in H&R, as opposed to the same threads over and over again :tongue:

I'm not saying you shouldn't have the right to express your opinion. I'm just expressing my opinion that your opinion is rubbish.
Original post by py0alb
I'm not saying you shouldn't have the right to express your opinion. I'm just expressing my opinion that your opinion is rubbish.

Yet I have not attempted to offend anyone, quite the opposite actually :rolleyes:
If my opinion is no good, why don't you share yours - instead of slating me go replying to all the other threads with your 'great advice'/'superior opinions'. Just make sure you copy and paste most responses though, because most of the time ppl are asking for the same advice :wink:

But you have utterly failed in your attempt to help people. Claiming that all sex outside of marriage is immoral and likely to involve pregnancy/STIs (ever heard of contraception?), that people with low self-esteem should take a bath and get over themselves or that "there's no need for depression when there's so many good things to enjoy in Life" (do you even know what Depression is?) is all just bad advice.

If you want to help people, continue replying to individual threads, or perhaps improve the wiki. Making general advice threads helps no one.
Original post by DJ_Black
You replace one swearword with another? Why?

'Toss' isnt a swear word - at least, I've never been told it was :confused:
But you have utterly failed in your attempt to help people. Claiming that all sex outside of marriage is immoral and likely to involve pregnancy/STIs (ever heard of contraception?), that people with low self-esteem should take a bath and get over themselves or that "there's no need for depression when there's so many good things to enjoy in Life" (do you even know what Depression is?) is all just bad advice.

If you want to help people, continue replying to individual threads, or perhaps improve the wiki. Making general advice threads helps no one.

As I said, I made this thread to change the reading generally found in the H&R forum - if ppl don't like it, they don't have to complain about it, just ignore it!!
But hey, after this response perhaps I may start telling ppl what I think of their threads, and I shall ensure I tell them straight, because ppl don't like that :rolleyes:
I AM NOT!! Arrrggghhh!! You lot are soooo far up your own backsides it's ridiculous!! :tongue:
I thought it might make interesting reading, as opposed to the same old same old that crops up in H&R - THAT IS ALL!!
I WAS NOT claiming to be able to fix everyone's problems, I WAS NOT making out I'm superior (though everyone else seems to think they are :rolleyes:) - All I was doing was trying to change the boring, miserable tone of H&R, that's all.
Guess I won't bother from now on :wink:

I realise that you are not doing it deliberately, but you come across as so arrogant and self-righteous that it makes it look like you are.

It's a fact of life that people will make a new thread for every single problem they have, even if it's been done to death a thousand times. If generalistic catch-all advice was sufficient to solve most problems then the world would be a very different place than it is now.
Yet I have not attempted to offend anyone, quite the opposite actually :rolleyes:
If my opinion is no good, why don't you share yours - instead of slating me go replying to all the other threads with your 'great advice'/'superior opinions'. Just make sure you copy and paste most responses though, because most of the time ppl are asking for the same advice :wink:

You just have to make them more professional and get your facts right, that's all.
Op, i love you. <3
Original post by kerily
Yes. Because obviously if you have sex, you will get pregnant, and if you get pregnant outside of marriage, there is a 100% chance that the baby's life will be ****ed. Obviously contraception does not exist, unmarried people are dreadful parents, and everybody who is married is automatically going to be fantastic at childrearing.

Because obviously people who have problems with alcohol, self-harm or drugs are just weak and lack willpower. And obviously they've chosen to ignore all the 'good things' in life and be depressed.

Evidently, if you hate how you look, spending time in the bath, in which you're pretty much forced to look at your own body for a prolonged period of time, is not going to help at all :rolleyes: And telling people who hate themselves that they're totally insignificant is pretty damned counterproductive.

It must be nice to be you and live in a world where every problem is so easily solved.

The sex within marriage debate is exactly that - I will delete it to be fair because it obviously offends ppl :tongue:
But I've seen the effect having sex outside of marriage can have - you're right, and of course there are fantastic Parents who arent married, and obviously married Parents who are terrible. But there are far more broken Families that are so because the Parents have had kids too young and end up apart. The effect that has on the kids involved is horrendous, quite frankly. And remember, we're dealing with teenagers as opposed to mature adults :wink:
I know about depression - believe me. I was strong enough to overcome it, so, I thought I'd share my advice. But of course, you all just think I'm coming out with this for no reason with no sound background knowledge dont you - think again.
I know exactly what I'm talking about, it is you all - who have most likely never experienced any of the issues I've mentioned here - who need to live your own lives and go through such, in order to come here and tell me I'm wrong :smile:
And on the contrary, if you hate how you look there's no point hiding away - embrace it. Make the most of yourself instead of ignore yourself. That is how you overcome it - by taking a good look at the lives of those less fortunate than you, then looking at yourself and instead being thankful, taking the time to see yourself through the eyes of the ppl who love you will change your opinion of yourself. You may not agree, but it certainly does work - if ppl are strong enough.
Original post by Advanced Subsidiary
You just have to make them more professional and get your facts right, that's all.

I just have to leave this sort of thing to you, is what you're saying is it not :wink:
I just decided to copy and paste this as a new thread to change the boring same old threads on the H&R Forum, just to give ppl something different to read :tongue:
It worked though, you must admit - it's made quite a stir!! :wink:
I realise that you are not doing it deliberately, but you come across as so arrogant and self-righteous that it makes it look like you are.

It's a fact of life that people will make a new thread for every single problem they have, even if it's been done to death a thousand times. If generalistic catch-all advice was sufficient to solve most problems then the world would be a very different place than it is now.

I'm not - I've experienced most of the issues I mentioned, therefore I was sharing my advice :smile:
I know, but, as I said, I thought it'd give ppl something different to read!! :tongue:
Wasn't intended to offend, neither did I intend for ppl to respond as you lot have done :rolleyes:
Though I guess it's easy for ppl to come up with points to argue what I've said, but it's not so easy for them to prove said points wrong, because they actually have no experience in such themselves - whereas I have.
Don't judge a book by it's cover :wink:
Original post by omnom515
Op, i love you. <3

I just have to leave this sort of thing to you, is what you're saying is it not :wink:
I just decided to copy and paste this as a new thread to change the boring same old threads on the H&R Forum, just to give ppl something different to read :tongue:
It worked though, you must admit - it's made quite a stir!! :wink:

Well, not really. I'm just saying that they could be improved a lot.

Also, one doesn't have to experience a situation before they can give advice on it.
I'm not - I've experienced most of the issues I mentioned, therefore I was sharing my advice :smile:
Though I guess it's easy for ppl to come up with points to argue what I've said, but it's not so easy for them to prove said points wrong, because they actually have no experience in such themselves - whereas I have.

Oh get over yourself. You sound so patronising. Lots of people on this thread have also experienced depression, you know.
Original post by Advanced Subsidiary
Well, not really. I'm just saying that they could be improved a lot.

Also, one doesn't have to experience a situation before they can give advice on it.

Of course, yet isn't one far more able to give advice on a subject they have experience within :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending