The Student Room Group

Do I text him?

Scroll to see replies

No, don't text him. Have some self-respect and stop wasting your time on him!
Original post by Anonymous
One of his reasons is he doesn't find me attractive. But in the words of a mutual friend:
He wouldn't have gone out with you if that was the case
He wouldn't have wanted to have sex with you the other week (when he kissed me) and yes he definately wanted to continue to sex but I was on my monthly, otherwise I'd have wanted to continue too.
He's just saying it coz he's a guy and that's what we do, we think of things to make you make the decision, he doesn't know what he feels atm, so by thinking of reasons that are going to hurt you the most, hes making you make the decisison that you don't want to be with him because of what he's said. (when I expressed disbelief at this) he said, you wouldn't understand, honestly, guys minds work on a level that women just don't get, I can't explain it any better than that.

I can't explain everything thats happened on here because it would be a million pages long and take me a whole day to write. But hes given me so many mixed messages, one day its this the next day its that, we've come so close to getting back together so many times, its crazy. A few of my friends say he's an absolute d*** and I should forget about him. But they didn't know him like I did. They don't get it. :frown:

You've now unfortunately let yourself reach the point were you are actively searching for proof that he still wants you. We've all been there. Just take it for what it is, if he really wanted to get back with you it would be HIM contacting YOU. Let it go, for your own health and pride. You'll find someone else, trust me.

GL sweetie :smile:
Jesus Christ :lolwut: Get some self respect. He doesn't want to be with you for whatever reason, leave him be.
Reply 23
Original post by sarahthegemini
Jesus Christ :lolwut: Get some self respect. He doesn't want to be with you for whatever reason, leave him be.

This.
Reply 24
Oh, and he only decided he definately didn't want to get back together a week and a half ago, before that he wasn't sure and wouldn't give me a straight answer, we met up a month ago and he kissed me and would have gone a lot further.

He wanted to get his hole. He also didn't give you a straight answer because he didn't want to hurt you, but he's obviously made his mind up now. You need to move on.
Original post by dungeonkeepr

This guy dumped you (for whatever reason) and then, with his previous history as a player, tried to have sex with you. He's trying to lose the responsibility of having you as his girlfriend while at the same time not lose out on the sex. Don't let him do this to you. And break all contact, because if you really really want him back and think he's worth it, you need to give him space and peace to realise what he's lost (and to show him that you aren't going to give him all the hassle of a relationship, which might be what drove him away - before you say he didn't say that, well, no he wouldn't, it makes him sound really bad and he probably wanted to leave with his pride intact)

Original post by jjackson18624
You've now unfortunately let yourself reach the point were you are actively searching for proof that he still wants you. We've all been there. Just take it for what it is, if he really wanted to get back with you it would be HIM contacting YOU. Let it go, for your own health and pride. You'll find someone else, trust me.

The bits in bold are completely true. I think the more you text/contact him the less of a chance there'll be with the both of you.

Nevertheless, I don't think you should think of the possibilities of the both you getting back together. Keep strong willed and don't contact him at all - you'll find it'll become easier as time passes by.
No offence, but it's girls like you who give women a bad name.
20 minute voicemail, then texts? No wonder he wont reply, he can't get rid of you.

He's moved on and you can't force him to want you.
My boyfriend broke up with me 2 1/2 months ago, I'm still in love with him, he insists it wouldn't work if we got back together, his reasons for this make no sense (verified by a number of different people, including a couple of our mutual friends) I want to get back together, this doesn't seem like it's going to happen though a few people have said he may yet change his mind. I called him up drunkenly on Saturday night, left him a 20 MINUTE :eek: (oops) voicemail about how I wanted him back and I was sorry (don't know what I was apologising for though) and then talked about being back together and what it was like when we had been together and how we could be that again and how much it was killing me not to be together) :frown: really annoyed at myself but like I say I was very drunk. I apologised first by voicemail and then again by text and didn't really hear anything back from him, other than a text to tell me what I'd said to him because I couldn't remember. I want to text him and ask to just talk, or just text, do you think he'll reply? If he doesn't want to get back together, I want to ask him for 1 more night together. Does anyone think he's likely to accept this? (he used to be a player before he met me and had lots of casual sex) I just want to have a night that I know is our last, where I can just be with him and remember every bit of it.

It doesn't sound like he wants you back. Other people aren't helping you either because they keep telling you that he might change his mind (they may be doing this with the intention of cheering you up but it's still not helpful.) One more night together is only going to make it harder for you to let go. You need to distance yourself from him as much as possible and spend as much time as possible with friends to take your mind off it.
I can see why you might want to talk to him about it. It might be best to wait a little while though when the feelings aren't as strong and you can think about the situation more clearly.
My boyfriend broke up with me two weeks ago now so I know what you're going through. It's hard, but keep your friends close and keep busy and accept it's over.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending