The Student Room Group

What are your opinions on narcissistic men?

I see it myself as a mindset and lifestyle. It's hard to define into box, because the definition of being narcissistic and leading a narcissistic life differs for everyone.
I am interested because i found it is actually a personality disorder, and i'd like to look into it some more. But, i'm going to put up my own version of narcissistic first, semi autobiographical:

- Goes to the gym 5 times a week without fail to look aesthetic. Eats a strict bodybuilding diet, sticks to it religiously.
- Strives for perfection in studies, at the most prestigious course on par with medicine (doesn't want to do medicine because that involves a lot of caring for others), to achieve ambitions of gaining more resources for leading a narcissistic lifestly.
- Beach trips on holiday are very important on the social calendar. You want to look good with your fellow sick ***** who believe the same thing as you.
-You don't drink alcohol because that damages the aesthetics.
- March, vest tops and singlets are in.
- Your idea of a hectic night is staying in with the gym buds , prepping and eating food, playing guitar hero.
- You never chase females. You're more important. Your own merits are more important. By all means talk and flirt with them if they aren't bull****ting around with you, but you never chase females. You make them chase you.
- You help and stick up for those who are weak and are being bullied. You may have been there before, they will most likely remember you like you remember those that stood up for you. Throw them a barbell and tell them to find some weights to squat.
- Bash ***** who insult/hurt your family.
- Treat teachers with respect. They are putting money into your pockets and muscles on your arms (lol).
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1
I'm narcissistic, but not as much as I should be.
Is this just a round-about, complicated way of saying you have no success with women?
Reply 3
Original post by sil3nt_cha0s
Is this just a round-about, complicated way of saying you have no success with women?

Everyone can get laid. It is statistically very difficult not to if you try to do so. So no, its not women. I have NPD, so, that was my rationale for starting this thread.
Sounds cool man.

But you might have wanted to put in a '(no homo)'.
Reply 5
Sounds high maintenance, hard work and generally difficult to get on with.
Reply 6
Original post by mirin?

- Goes to the gym 3/4 times a week without fail to look aesthetic. Eats a strict bodybuilding diet, sticks to it religiously.
- Strives for perfection in studies, at the most prestigious course on par with dentistry (doesn't want to do medicine because that involves a lot of caring for others), to achieve ambitions of gaining more resources for leading a narcissistic lifestly.
- Beach trips on holiday are very important on the social calendar. You want to look good with your fellow sick ***** who believe the same thing as you.
-You don't drink alcohol because that damages the aesthetics.
- March, vest tops and singlets are in.
- Your idea of a hectic night is staying in with the gym buds , prepping and eating food, playing guitar hero.
- You never chase females. You're more important. Your own merits are more important. By all means talk and flirt with them if they aren't bull****ting around with you, but you never chase females. You make them chase you.
- You help and stick up for those who are weak and are being bullied. You may have been there before, they will most likely remember you like you remember those that stood up for you. Throw them a barbell and tell them to find some weights to squat.
- Bash ***** who insult/hurt your family.
- Treat teachers with respect. They are putting money into your pockets and muscles on your arms (lol).

I like :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Tariq786
I like :smile:

Hmm typical Dentist banter lol. I study Law, really liking the subject.
Reply 8
Original post by DiZZeeKiD
Sounds high maintenance, hard work and generally difficult to get on with.

This.

My roommate is a bit like this, goes to the gym ALOT, buys only labelled clothing and was shocked at the suggestion of buying jeans from primark, moans at anyone for eating unhealthy stuff, and (shock horror) freaked out the other day because he got a 'beer belly'.

Im sorry but i cant cope with a guy like that, sounds very high maitenance - more than me - and sounds like he only helps out other people to make himself look better not cos he actually cares about them. He needs to chill out and eat some junk food
Reply 9
Original post by Lexi99
This.

My roommate is a bit like this, goes to the gym ALOT, buys only labelled clothing and was shocked at the suggestion of buying jeans from primark, moans at anyone for eating unhealthy stuff, and (shock horror) freaked out the other day because he got a 'beer belly'.

Im sorry but i cant cope with a guy like that, sounds very high maitenance - more than me - and sounds like he only helps out other people to make himself look better not cos he actually cares about them. He needs to chill out and eat some junk food

Hi, do you live in my flat? I swear i've heard this before :tongue: .
Reply 10
Original post by mirin?
Hmm typical Dentist banter lol. I study Law, really liking the subject.

Lol. Im not studying it yet. But have applied for it. And i'm actaully into it. Not just cause its prestigious etc. I go to the gym 3 times and 4 if i have some time on my hands. Don't drink due to other reasons. So i'm not a narcissistic guy. lol
Reply 11
Do not want. :colonhash:
:sexface:......seriously.

However, I think I'm a bit abnormal in this respect. Maybe disregard my answer as an outlier.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending