The Student Room Group

Do you lie about your weekend activities?

Scroll to see replies

When I do lie, it's actually playing down what I got up to...

I don't really feel like telling my bosses I been bangin 7 gram rocks all weekend!
Reply 41
Original post by C_B_C
Brap Brap

innit bruv
Reply 42
I think there was a BBC article or Metro article about this. Something like 25% of people have done this at some point.
And yeah Ive done it once because I often just enjoy spending time going to a cafe and meeting friends, I dont often do the whole night out thing.
Reply 43
yeah definitely, i tell eveyone 'nothing much, just gonna chill' but really i put on my cape and fight crime
I actually do sometimes lie about what I've done at the weekends because I'm ashamed.I dont do much at weekends,mainly homework,and going on the internet as I'm going through a rough patch with friends and mentally..
Reply 45
Original post by The_resurrection
The people of the student room in being social retards shocker.

And I guess you're an amazing socializer and sex machine...

In denial at all?
Reply 46
I stretch the truth. But most of the time will generally tell it how it happened.
Reply 47
I like how you say 'especially for adults who work a full week'
what do you think all teenagers do?
I am leave home at 7.30 and don't get back to 5-6.30 depending on the day and when I do get home I will have around 1-3 hours worth of homework
Reply 48
Original post by LauraMxx
I like how you say 'especially for adults who work a full week'
what do you think all teenagers do?
I am leave home at 7.30 and don't get back to 5-6.30 depending on the day and when I do get home I will have around 1-3 hours worth of homework

I understand what you are saying.
I believe, younger people are generally more open, sociable and have more energy to do more things. Adults often have problems with money, family, maybe someone older to look after, kids to look after, they have to clean their flats and houses, ... summarised: they have less time and energy than we do and so use the whole week-end to relax.

Of course, I am generalising it right now like you did. Just saying :biggrin:
Original post by C_B_C
And I guess you're an amazing socializer and sex machine...

In denial at all?

I certainly don't lie about my activities to make myself look better. That suggests to me a complete lack of self confidence and severe mental issues. Just go make some friends and do something instead of making stuff up if you're that bothered about what people think. And yes, I am an amazing socializer. :smile:
Reply 50
I certainly don't lie about my activities to make myself look better. That suggests to me a complete lack of self confidence and severe mental issues. Just go make some friends and do something instead of making stuff up if you're that bothered about what people think. And yes, I am an amazing socializer. :smile:

I agree about lying, but running around TSR pretending your cool is the dweebist thing I've seen so far.
Reply 51
Original post by Charlesworth
At the beginning of every week I have a friend who always ask how my weekend is and I always reply the same 'nothing much.' She probably thinks 'what the hell do she do all weekend?!' But I am not gonna lie to make my life seem more exciting when it mainly consists of the internet :woo:

I need a hobby....

Your signature is pure brilliance.
Original post by C_B_C
I agree about lying, but running around TSR pretending your cool is the dweebist thing I've seen so far.

Who the **** says dweeb? Are you for real? If I went to your school I would have bullied you.
Original post by Luceria
Your signature is pure brilliance.

why thank you :smile:

Love your Goblet of Fire pic :colone:
I do a couple of hours work in the evening at the cinema and spend the rest of my time in my bed with my laptop on.
Weekend sorted.
I've recently had to start lying to get rid of some munter who keeps trying to get me to go places with her. She had known me only two hours before she declared me her gay best friend... and she was deadly serious. Since then I've been unable to avoid her in college, and every Friday (like a ritual) she asks me what I'm up to at the weekend. I usually am busy, but for the times that I'm not I have to lie or else she asks me to do all manner of pointless and bland things with her. The worst was when she asked me if I wanted to go to the swing park after college.
Reply 56
I don't see the reason to lie really.:confused:
Even when I just sit at home doing nothing for two days I'd always be honest. I know my real friends wouldn't judge me for it or anything.

The only time I lie about what my weekend was like is in French lessons on Mondays. Usually I try to say what I actually did, but sometimes she asks "Qu'est-ce que vous avez fait le week-end???" out of nowhere and I panic and just make something up.:colondollar:
no i go to work, thats it.
Reply 58
Who the **** says dweeb? Are you for real? If I went to your school I would have bullied you.

I've been in the TA for two years and now I do boxing at Uni. I wish I could see you say that to me face to face.

This is exactly why I think you're a bit of a loser: who cares about the word "dweeb", I think it describes you perfectly.
Original post by C_B_C
I've been in the TA for two years and now I do boxing at Uni. I wish I could see you say that to me face to face.

This is exactly why I think you're a bit of a loser: who cares about the word "dweeb", I think it describes you perfectly.

Wow, you're ****ing mental. People that need to brag about how big and tough they are tend to not be very hard at all. Go find some friends you ****ing moron.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending