The Student Room Group

Which University for Computer Science 2011 ??

Poll

Which Uni for Comp Sci?

I have just started getting offers back. I am currently studying the national diploma for IT practitioners predicted DDD I have applied for computer science at the following universities:

Birmingham- G400- OFFER...DDD
Nottingham-G400- OFFER...DDM
Essex-G400- OFFER...DDM
Sussex-G400- OFFER...DDM
Royal Holloway-G402- Waiting

so what do you guys think, where has the best cs department, night life and the best university experience??

Please give reasons :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Slkendell
x

In terms of Computer Science & Night life 50 50 with Sussex and Birmingham
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by MylesXD
In terms of Computer Science & Night life 50 50 with Sussex and Birmingham

Why do you say that Myles?
Reply 3
Notts or Birmingham - both have an epic night life and very decent CS departments :smile:
Reply 4
Really didn't like Notts.. Loved B'ham totally firming that but what to put as my insurance Nottingham, Sussex or Essex??
Reply 5
If you didn't like Nottingham then you shouldn't put that down as your insurance.

Sussex is meant to be very good for CompSci but the best thing is to visit the other two (+Royal Holloway if you want).
Reply 6
Original post by Slkendell
Really didn't like Notts.. Loved B'ham totally firming that but what to put as my insurance Nottingham, Sussex or Essex??

Why didn't you like Nottingham?
Reply 7
Original post by Mel2606
Why didn't you like Nottingham?

The campus' are all split up. The campus where the comp sci building is is real small and ****ty. No shops anywhere near that campus just Main Roads. Also the city is quite small and ****ty. Didn't really have a good experience got lost couldn't get a bus because I didn't have any change and no shops around. Just a real bad day. my advice is visit and make your own mind up.
Reply 8
Original post by James_B123
If you didn't like Nottingham then you shouldn't put that down as your insurance.

Sussex is meant to be very good for CompSci but the best thing is to visit the other two (+Royal Holloway if you want).

I really want to go to Birmingham and I've pretty much got the grades now so I'm not worrying too much what I put as insurance. I may go and visit Sussex but Essex is a little too far away to travel just to check it out.
Reply 9
I firmed Birmingham and put Sussex as insurance. Royal Holloway took too long giving me a response so I decided to withdraw my application.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending